RIP Rush Limbaugh

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
I actually started listening to Rush before his national/syndicated show. I was on a long-term work assignment in Sacramento and he'd just started his local radio show there. I was hooked immediately. This would have been in 1987. The wife and I listened to him whenever possible ever since. We were prepared for his death, but it is still unimaginable. No one can replace him. Who will explain to us what's really going on in Washington?

Reaction score
What a great loss to conservative radio. Rush is a legendary figure in conservative circles. He will be missed.

On a personal note, he has been an inspirational figure to me for several decades. So many times while I was deployed overseas, I took comfort in hearing a piece of home by listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show on the military radio station.

RIP El Rushbo.
touching what you wrote and thank you for your service.

nobody

Reaction score
RIP and condolences to his family.

I think he was at his best in the early to mid 90's. I'm not saying I agreed or disagreed with him over the years.

rags

Reaction score
I don't think there was a middle ground with him. You either loved him or hated him.

Plankton

Reaction score
Like him or hate him, the man was charismatic and really knew how to reach an audience. He had a real sense of humor and could turn a phrase with the best of them. A pioneer in a lot of ways, and his influence will continue to be seen well beyond his life. Cancer is an awful disease. RIP.