Video: Rob Ryan has glowing remarks for Defense/McClay/Sean Lee

bodi

Reaction score
I am glad we don't have to watch this fat slob again anymore

or listen to his ho hum excuses he is not his daddy

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm all for McClay and that fo continuing to fill up Marinelli's cupboard. He's doing amazing things given the talent he is given. Stack up that defense like the offsense and we can have a truly elite defense.

erod

Reaction score
The thing is, Rob has been around the league for many years. Yet he says he's never seen anyone study like Sean Lee. That's a pretty significant statement.
Ironic, too, since Ryan largely got fired for not showing up for his own meetings. Work ethic was not his forte.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Shannon talks about the Giants have no running game, talks how bad their OL is, yet then says they still will win the East. What the? So 1 freakin player in Odell, without them they are the worst offense in the NFL, with him they are the NFC East best? They STILL will have Eli at qb, still have a terrible OL and running game.

As Skip and Rob said, Cowboys have a young defense that will only get better when all their guys return from suspension and injury (Scandrick), and especially the growth of the rookies and Jaylon Smith. Not too mention, we will get Hitchens back later in the season too.

calico

Reaction score
notice he didn't have anything to say about redball....lol. i liked rob. he had to put up with garrett's growing pains alot on sundays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've always considered Lee as good as any NFL player(including Luke) at his position when he's healthy. Rob Ryan saying so, IMO sounded more like a guy unwilling to burn bridges for his future than a guy really interested in praising one guy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Rob made Shannon very uncomfortable.

Dude has a serious case of Cowboys hate.

Don't know if he truly is a Cowboys hater or is just playing the role opposite Skip.

Since he can barely speak I would think he is a Cowboys Hater and playing the opposite.

You ever seen some actors that you think play a role to perfection but then you see they always play the same type of character and then you start to realize...they are not really acting much, they are just playing themselves...example Juliette Lewis. She always tends to play the mentally challenged or out their kind of odd ball role.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching the interview and seeing Robs flowing locks....it makes me miss my long hair.

<----Melancholy bald man longing for days past.

shabazz

Reaction score
Watching the interview and seeing Robs flowing locks....it makes me miss my long hair.

<----Melancholy bald man longing for days past.

Yeah, same here. I'd grow a big old fro if I could.

I think it was classy of Rob to not bear a grudge from his firing from the Cowboys and not give a skewed review.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, same here. I'd grow a big old fro if I could.

I think it was classy of Rob to not bear a grudge from his firing from the Cowboys and not give a skewed review.

I think he was always giving Eberflus a lot of credit and I think he was one that brought him in.

I think he also knows that they tried to get players to fit what he wanted on D (getting Carr and MO) and that Rod was finally free of that type of CB and got some CBs that better fit his style.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am glad we don't have to watch this fat slob again anymore

or listen to his ho hum excuses he is not his daddy

What's the difference between a skinny slob or fat one? Guy has long hair. That in iitself gets praise from me.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Why do people call Lee and inside linebacker??? He hasn't played inside in like 3 years.

FaSho

Reaction score
Luke and Lee are on the same level. It's corny how some cowboy fans choose Luke when they are so close. Smh

I agree they are on the same level, though they are different types of players.

Kuechly is faster and more athletic, but Sean is probably smarter. I don't know if there is any LB in the league that processes like Sean Lee. For that reason, he can probably be effective into his mid 30's

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Pretty good insight from Rob, whom I always liked personally.

Shannon is all around stand up guy, it's just a prerequisite for all the sports talk shows to have 1 Cowboys hater on board. Undisputed - the aforementioned Sharpe, First Take - SAS, even Cris Carter's new show that just kicked off last week has some goofy *** Eagles shill moderating.

People should just watch and be entertained and not take anything anyone says personally. Its the concept of the show that Skip and Shannon take opposite views and then talk in front of a camera. They were smart to get a Cowboys fan who would want to make the Cowboys a huge focus of the show to drive ratings. Whoever they had sitting in the other chair would be tasked to take a contrarian view to everything Skip says. There is no show with ratings if you have two guys on stage agreeing with each other all the time. Both Skip and Shannon say things everyday that they don't even believe because its their role to present the opposite view.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
For the life of me, it's impossible to imagine how Sharpe deserves his role as a TV commentator. His thoughts are all over the place, often in conflict with themselves. Yet, he somehow survives. Am I missing something?

Yes, see my post above.

erod

Reaction score
Why do people call Lee and inside linebacker??? He hasn't played inside in like 3 years.

Actually he does play behind the line most of the time and shoots gaps. He's just not technically the middle linebacker.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I agree they are on the same level, though they are different types of players.

Kuechly is faster and more athletic, but Sean is probably smarter. I don't know if there is any LB in the league that processes like Sean Lee. For that reason, he can probably be effective into his mid 30's

If Lee never had the injury bug, he had the talent to be a HOF. He and Witten, are the ones I want to see most get rings for the dedication they have given wearing the star.