Video: Rob Ryan has glowing remarks for Defense/McClay/Sean Lee

funkytown

Reaction score
Skip is really drinking the Cowboys Kool-Aid, which is fine by me. Shannon goes out of his way to hate on the Cowboys. Some of his takes are outrageous. I can only take a few seconds of him before I change the channel.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Actually he does play behind the line most of the time and shoots gaps. He's just not technically the middle linebacker.

I mean yeah in the nickel technically because LB's aren't going to be playing as wide as in a 4-3 base, but he hasn't been a middle linebacker for awhile now. Calling him an inside linebacker is just wrong, especially for people at FS1/ESPN.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Can someone tell Skip that Anthony Brown is a 6th round pick. He said 4th round pick all day yesterday.

erod

Reaction score
I mean yeah in the nickel technically because LB's aren't going to be playing as wide as in a 4-3 base, but he hasn't been a middle linebacker for awhile now. Calling him an inside linebacker is just wrong, especially for people at FS1/ESPN.
He's a weak side linebacker, which isn't really an outside linebacker.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone tell Skip that Anthony Brown is a 6th round pick. He said 4th round pick all day yesterday.

He also thinks we play primarily a cover 2. He's just playing a role he hasn't bothered to research well. As is Shannon.

Those shows are so stupid.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
He's a weak side linebacker, which isn't really an outside linebacker.

I mean I get what you're saying, but traditionally a weakside linebacker is a ROLB.

Obviously weak and strong side isn't tied to a specific side of the field, but traditionally a weakside linebacker is ROLB, which is an outside linebacker.

I think we're getting tied up in semantics here.

erod

Reaction score
I mean I get what you're saying, but traditionally a weakside linebacker is a ROLB.

Obviously weak and strong side isn't tied to a specific side of the field, but traditionally a weakside linebacker is ROLB, which is an outside linebacker.

I think we're getting tied up in semantics here.

My point is, he almost always lines up behind the defensive line between the end and tackle. The MLB is tucked inside the other end and tackle on the strong side.

Usually Lee and Hitchens/JSmith are next to each other behind the line. The MLB tends to attack more and the WLB flows more.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
My point is, he almost always lines up behind the defensive line between the end and tackle. The MLB is tucked inside the other end and tackle on the strong side.

Usually Lee and Hitchens/JSmith are next to each other behind the line. The MLB tends to attack more and the WLB flows more.

Agreed with all of that, thats the main reason we moved him from Mike to weakside to have him roam more. I just wouldn't classify him as an inside linebacker is all.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, see my post above.

Sounds plausible but it would seem likely they'd get someone more convincing than Sharpe for the sake of those who aren't Cowboys fans. I'm assuming that show is marketed nationwide, rather than limited to a limited area likely to please fans of the Cowboys.