Twitter: Rob Ryan: Russell Wilson and Dak are NFC’s Best

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rodgers wasn't better than Dak this past season no matter how much you say it. Neither is Ryan, Brees or Wentz. The second philly game Dallas didn't play hard at all, in fact, multiple starters were on the bench four three biggest plays. You guys take one game, like Wentz, and say he is better than Dak but what happened in the first game against philly...... who was better? How about both philly games a year ago? As far as Ryan putting up numbers on bad teams........ have you not watched his weapons at receiver, running back and TE?
it is how you play in the biggest moments, 2nd half there were several wide open WRs in that game Dak missed like he was blindfolded, wentz found away to win...thats all that matters he got his team to the playoffs with a division win..Dak was horrible down the stretch make excuses he choked..F all the noise about his numbers he created during the softer part of the schedule..he was not better then thos guys I watched them..

Polkton31

Reaction score
Not even going to get into the Dak debate going on. We all know how that **** slinging contest goes... What I will say is this. To those trying to discredit Rob Ryan, he's coached in some capacity or another on 7 different NFL teams, was hired by Bill Belichik (arguably one of the best NFL coaches ever), and has 2 SB Rings. When someone on this board can say the same... I will start to value their opinion more than his.

Adreme

Reaction score
Rodgers wasn't better than Dak this past season no matter how much you say it. Neither is Ryan, Brees or Wentz. The second philly game Dallas didn't play hard at all, in fact, multiple starters were on the bench four three biggest plays. You guys take one game, like Wentz, and say he is better than Dak but what happened in the first game against philly...... who was better? How about both philly games a year ago? As far as Ryan putting up numbers on bad teams........ have you not watched his weapons at receiver, running back and TE?

The thing I will give Wentz is that by the last 4 games of the year I think Alabama had better WRs starting than the Eagles did (2 are going to go top 10 this year and 2 next but still). That he looked even with the barrage of injuries they had was impressive and reminded me why teams need to sign their QB if they have a good one to have a shot.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Rob Ryan's reasoning is but there's certainly a case to be made for Russell Wilson being at the top of the heap in the NFC. Dak had an unfortunate season last year and it surely leaves him with something to prove this year and beyond. That's likely why the Dallas FO is so adamant about not paying him on an equal pay scale with Wilson, imho. Finishing at 8-8 and missing the playoffs surely didn't set well with them. I'll be extremely interested to see if Dak is able to continue to improve enough to deserve that prestigious honor, once 2020 is in the books. All the more power to him if he can. ;)

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The thing I will give Wentz is that by the last 4 games of the year I think Alabama had better WRs starting than the Eagles did (2 are going to go top 10 this year and 2 next but still). That he looked even with the barrage of injuries they had was impressive and reminded me why teams need to sign their QB if they have a good one to have a shot.
It wasn't impressive at all to me. Last 4 weeks of the season, Giants, Commanders, Dallas, giants. Giants and Commanders are 2 of the worst teams in the league last year and Dallas has given up on their coach. He still had top TEs and backs so let's not act like he didn't have anybody.

Adreme

Reaction score
It wasn't impressive at all to me. Last 4 weeks of the season, Giants, Commanders, Dallas, giants. Giants and Commanders are 2 of the worst teams in the league last year and Dallas has given up on their coach. He still had top TEs and backs so let's not act like he didn't have anybody.

Except they did not even have that for all 4 games. Best TE was out in finale and not well in playoffs, multiple offensive linemen were out by this point, and while they had their best RB both backups were already on IR. However, I focused on the WR because when you stack injuries at a single position that usually breaks teams apart because the depth runs dry and the people off the street are no threat so you can double and triple all that remains. I give credit because they won with nothing. They had minimal talent left and a lot of dregs on the roster and they found a win to win and that begrudgingly deserves credit though of course Seattle still beat them because Wilson is on another level and the Seattle, even rebuilding, was just better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It sounds like Rob Ryan has taken on the task of replacing Dak's agent, Todd France, with himself. :omg:

Or, perhaps, he's still just a mite ticked with the Dallas FO for giving him the old heave-ho?! :lmao: :muttley:

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Except they did not even have that for all 4 games. Best TE was out in finale and not well in playoffs, multiple offensive linemen were out by this point, and while they had their best RB both backups were already on IR. However, I focused on the WR because when you stack injuries at a single position that usually breaks teams apart because the depth runs dry and the people off the street are no threat so you can double and triple all that remains. I give credit because they won with nothing. They had minimal talent left and a lot of dregs on the roster and they found a win to win and that begrudgingly deserves credit though of course Seattle still beat them because Wilson is on another level and the Seattle, even rebuilding, was just better.
If we are to look at Daks numbers against poor teams than the same must be said about every QB. Beating the giants, Commanders and a Dallas team that quit on their coach isn't impressive at all. You can be all in love with Wentz if you want but I'm not. Had he beaten the 49ers, KC or Baltimore then it's a different story. All 3 teams in the east got new coaches but yet you're impressed.........

Adreme

Reaction score
If we are to look at Daks numbers against poor teams than the same must be said about every QB. Beating the giants, Commanders and a Dallas team that quit on their coach isn't impressive at all. You can be all in love with Wentz if you want but I'm not. Had he beaten the 49ers, KC or Baltimore then it's a different story. All 3 teams in the east got new coaches but yet you're impressed.........

Ignoring the strawman of "love" there was no way they were going to beat KC or the 49ers or Balt, the talent difference is too great. What he did do was get a team that with those injuries had no business making the playoffs to the playoffs which is impressive. We have seen Wentz play at an MVP level and now we saw him carry a team for a short stretch. There is nothing more to see. I still think Dak is better but Wentz proved himself yet again as another one of those guys who can get a team where they want to go.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ignoring the strawman of "love" there was no way they were going to beat KC or the 49ers or Balt, the talent difference is too great. What he did do was get a team that with those injuries had no business making the playoffs to the playoffs which is impressive. We have seen Wentz play at an MVP level and now we saw him carry a team for a short stretch. There is nothing more to see. I still think Dak is better but Wentz proved himself yet again as another one of those guys who can get a team where they want to go.
Division winners make the playoffs. Look at the NFC east, it's not impressive winning the east. Any decent coach would have had Dallas running away with the division.

Adreme

Reaction score
Division winners make the playoffs. Look at the NFC east, it's not impressive winning the east. Any decent coach would have had Dallas running away with the division.

Yes because Dallas had more talent (because most of Phillys best players were not playing) and yet Wentz carried that team down the stretch. I get it that you do not like him which means anything he does is going to be viewed through that lens so anything he does will have an asterisk in your mind. I get it because people are doing the same thing with Maholmes SB win, they did the same thing with Brady, the same thing with Peyton etc etc. There has never really been a perfect unquestionable accomplishment that you couldnt go "but he...." and you can do that with any accomplishment or anything that happens in sports so I try to just take accomplishments at face value and the accomplishment was with worse WRs then a college team and a secondary that was a shell of itself Carson Wentz played lights out and won the division. That is a fact that is not in denial by anyone.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes because Dallas had more talent (because most of Phillys best players were not playing) and yet Wentz carried that team down the stretch. I get it that you do not like him which means anything he does is going to be viewed through that lens so anything he does will have an asterisk in your mind. I get it because people are doing the same thing with Maholmes SB win, they did the same thing with Brady, the same thing with Peyton etc etc. There has never really been a perfect unquestionable accomplishment that you couldnt go "but he...." and you can do that with any accomplishment or anything that happens in sports so I try to just take accomplishments at face value and the accomplishment was with worse WRs then a college team and a secondary that was a shell of itself Carson Wentz played lights out and won the division. That is a fact that is not in denial by anyone.
Wentz didn't carry that team, he had help from defense and backs with a superbowl winning HC just a year prior