Robert Nkemdiche

Sandyf

Reaction score
Seems like Arizona is fed up with Robert Nkemdiche DT out of Mississippi who they drafted in 2016. Dallas had some interest in him back then. Great player, crazy personality i.e. lack of focus, doesn't play to capabilities. Have to wonder if we could get him for a 4th and turn him over to Marinelli, Richard, and Lett if they couldn't turn him around. Could be the 3 Tech guy we have been looking for with 2 years to go on his rookie contract.

Probably not going to happen but at least a thought.

Sydla

Reaction score
For the right price? I'd take a flier on him.

In other words, would I rather trade our 7th round pick for this guy or take some LB this weekend that likely will never amount to anything?

I'll take the flier on the talented kid that maybe, just maybe, you get lucky and help turn around.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Seems like Arizona is fed up with Robert Nkemdiche DT out of Mississippi who they drafted in 2016. Dallas had some interest in him back then. Great player, crazy personality i.e. lack of focus, doesn't play to capabilities. Have to wonder if we could get him for a 4th and turn him over to Marinelli, Richard, and Lett if they couldn't turn him around. Could be the 3 Tech guy we have been looking for with 2 years to go on his rookie contract.

Let AZ cut him and then we sign him. However, I would give a 6 or 7 for a SEC 3 tech DT that was ranked as the no.1 High School recruit at Ole Miss.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I’ll pass.

He’s a headcase. The misconception is Marenilli can turn these guys around. Yes, Marenilli can get the best potential out of players, but the players have to want it. David Irving was a headcase from KC, he’s now smoking weed in twitter videos.. Gregory, well.. enough said.

My point, The team should steer clear of unreliable players. A Player could have all the potential in the world (see Irving), but it doesn’t mean a damn thing if they aren’t willing to put the work in to become elite.

JayFord

Reaction score
No....absolutely not we aren’t the kind of team to turn a guy around

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not for a 4th round. Best way is to just draft a DT in the 2nd or 3rd. Odds are better the drafted player will be better in the long run.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Problem unmotivated child. Pass

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Putting resources into the defensive tackle position is not how you win at the NFL level.

-Jerry Jones

Reactions: BAT

exciter

Reaction score

There's a thread every other day lamenting Taco being a bust. Not sure bringing in someone else's draft bust to pair with him would be prudent. And yeah, I think there interest was fleeting. Went out the window about the same time as his brother!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Putting resources into the defensive tackle position is not how you win at the NFL level.

-Jerry Jones
That's why Jones has won nothing without Men calling the football shots that know more than he does about football.

The first draft pick and 1st round draft pick in Dallas Cowboys History was DT, Bob Lilly, 6-5-260, TCU by Tom Landry/Gil Brandt/Tex Schramm. Landry would later convert LB Randy White the 1975 1st round 2nd overall draft pick to DT. Lilly and White gave the Cowboys a DT legacy of only 2 players to play the RDT position from 1961-1988. Gil Brandt adds 2xs Super Bowl Champs DT, Jethro Pugh and Larry Cole. In the 1988 draft, Gil Brandt, before he is fired by Jerry Jones after the 1989 draft, selects DT Chad Hennings, Air Force, Outland Trophy Winner, 11th round pick to wait for his military commitment to end.

The first no.1 overall draft pick by Jimmy Johnson/Ackles/Wooten was DT, Russell Maryland, 6-2-286, Univ. Miami. Before Johnson drafts DT Jimmy Jones, and trades for DT Tony Casillas in 1991. He selects in the 7th round after Maryland, Leon Lett. Johnson also inherits Chad Hennings. With this group intact the Cowboys win 3 Super Bowls, appear in 4 consecutive NFC Championship games, sends Maryland, and Lett to multiple Pro Bowls, and have no losing seasons from 1991-1996.

Bill Parcells forced the replacement of Larry Lacewell with Jeff Ireland and in the 2005 draft selects 1st round DTs, Marcus Spears, 4th round Chris Canty, and 7th round Jay Ratliff. The next year they draft DT, Jason Hatcher. Out of this group comes 5 Pro Bowls, an All Pro and a Super Bowl ring for Canty as a Giant. From 2005 to 2009 the Cowboys did not have a losing season with this group intact on the roster.

That's why I call Jerry Jones the Dumbo GM.

cowboyec

Reaction score
another talented Miss St DL that just hasn't done anything in the League.
good in college tho.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He has been a huge disappointment as a player. All that talent....and has done next to nothig. Not sure if it's too late to salvage his career already....but it's close. And like someone said...It's all about the knee right now...How serious does he take the rehab? I think that will tell you all you need to know if the guy is serious about playing football.