Robert Quinn being finalized

irishline

Reaction score
LOL. What has Taco done in the first 2 years to have you sold on him?

giphy.gif

That's Risen sarcasm...:p

...I hope...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We're going to trade for him and sign him to a one year deal?

Unless it's a late pick, that is stupidity.
I think the Cowboys chose not to get the long term deal with the dolphins helping out with some of the salary. Just talked Quinn into a new 1 yr deal at their price. So now a lower pick is involved.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he would cost a draft pick in a trade,

A late rounder. Otherwise, nobody is interested, least of all me.

and the team is likely to pay that $9 million to Crawford whether they traded for Ogbah or not anyway.

That's them being stupid. He's not close to worth it, doesn't have a true starting role, and now you can not only save money by finally getting out of that terrible contract, but you have leverage to negotiate a paycut Based on his potential suspension.

But sadly you're right and the team will likely do nothing. Wasted opportunity.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Now trade Lawrence.

Adding Quinn and trading DLaw makes us worse. Quinn isn't as good as DLaw and good luck adding a player as impactful as DLaw with a roll of the dice in the draft. The only way we get better by adding Quinn is keeping DLaw giving us a great 1-2 punch at DE.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If you recall last year a lot of players signed 3-year deals rather than standard 5 years. Read that was coz of the expiring 2020 CBA.
Do Owners have to pay guaranteed salaries during a lockout?

I would think they would have to

X550i

Reaction score
Ogbah has his best years behind him?

IMHO, yes.
Big men who rely on power and strength, a foot injury is problematic.
But more concerning is that in the Marinelli scheme, he's not a good fit due to slow lateral quickness.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adding Quinn and trading DLaw makes us worse. Quinn isn't as good as DLaw and good luck adding a player as impactful as DLaw with a roll of the dice in the draft. The only way we get better by adding Quinn is keeping DLaw giving us a great 1-2 punch at DE.

Exactly right. At this point, Quinn likely isn't better than what we lost in Randy Gregory getting suspended. But it lessens the hit to some degree. He's certainly better than any of the other options this team had, despite what some fans were trying to sell us.

exciter

Reaction score
Quinn won't even get 6 w/o DL or another above avg edge rusher
When did he say that...how drunk was he? Puff dummies suspension was indefinitely... dont see it being anything under a year minimum. Can't see them trading for Quinn if he was coming back. Most likely his mini career is over. Time to move on and build a team with players that want to play. Bi polar disorder is a mean b#/%@!

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Exactly right. At this point, Quinn likely isn't better than what we lost in Randy Gregory getting suspended. But it lessens the hit to some degree. He's certainly better than any of the other options this team had, despite what some fans were trying to sell us.

This deal makes me think that the team still believes Gregory has a future. Get Quinn in here for a year, in case he doesn't make it back this year, but if he does make it back, our RDE rotation will be REALLY good.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I'm so hoping this is addition to Lawrence and not a replacement for him. Hopefully it means Lawrence can come down a bit on their asking price. Quin and DLaw as ends....this could be huge.

Quinn is a rde. Replacement for gregory .dlaw is playing the left side.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the franchise tag works. I know we can trade Lawrence. But does he have to work out a deal with another team? Or can we trade him with his franchise tag salary in place?

He cant negotiate with a team.

And of course we can trade him. If we would he would get a new deal from his new team and we would get rid of the 20 mils.