Robert Quinn vs Randy Gregory

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Just for 2019, forget off the field problems, pretend both could play a full healthy 16 games. On the football field, player vs player, who is better?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just for 2019, forget off the field problems, pretend both could play a full healthy 16 games. On the football field, player vs player, who is better?
Quinn is a developed NFL pass rusher.

Gregory is a physically talent DE that was learning to become a solid NFL pass rusher in 2018.

Surprisingly Gregory is a very good run defender despite his lack of bulk.

Quinn is not considered a great run defender; however, the RDE in the Cowboys scheme is often allowed to pass rush without having edge contain responsibility. They often have a LB responsible for run contain on that edge. Also Taco or Crawford played in obvious run situations in 2018 because Marinelli didn't want to wear down Gregory.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Quinn is a developed NFL pass rusher.

Surprisingly Gregory is a very good run defender despite his lack of bulk.
IMHO Gregory is a horrid run defender. An absolute liability who was exposed in the playoffs. And the premise of this thread is absurd. Any competent organization would not rely on Gregory for anything and most would never consider wasting a roster spot on someone so unreliable. As usual we treat roster spots like they have no value and we suffer for it at the end of the year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When He’s not stoned Gregory is light years ahead as a pass rusher. Quinn’s best days were 5 years ago

Robert Quinn has had 4 individual seasons with more sacks than Gregory has had in his career.

In fact, in one 6 game stretch in 2013 Quinn got more sacks than Gregory has in his career.

Gregory “may” have been catching up to where Quinn is now, but to call him light years ahead is way off base.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Gregory was a waste of a draft pick, again. So he's got that advantage. Plus he can rip a bong like nobodies business.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Give me Robert Quinn. I know you want to focus on their talent and clearly Gregory has the edge but there is way more to a player than just raw physical traits.
I honestly do not think its clearly but IMO Gregory has a lot of upside.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Robert Quinn has had 4 individual seasons with more sacks than Gregory has had in his career.

In fact, in one 6 game stretch in 2013 Quinn got more sacks than Gregory has in his career.

Gregory “may” have been catching up to where Quinn is now, but to call him light years ahead is way off base.

But all of those seasons were in the past. If the question was based on who is better in their prime my answer might have been different

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But all of those seasons were in the past. If the question was based on who is better in their prime my answer might have been different
One of them was 2017, so not very far past, and even Quinn’s 2018 total was only 1/2 sack less than Gregory’s career total.