Robinson vs Gibbs

Whyjerry

Reaction score
At late 1 I don’t see the problem. Especially when you get RB 1/2 vs CB 6/7 or DE 6/7.

Different story if we are talking about top 10 picks
Lol the guys available later are just as good. RBs have little value in the NFL. That’s a fact. Why in the world would you waste a 1st rounder on one? ESPECIALLY when you are already paying a guy $10 million. How the hell do you justify that?

btcutter

Reaction score
Lol the guys available later are just as good. RBs have little value in the NFL. That’s a fact. Why in the world would you waste a 1st rounder on one? ESPECIALLY when you are already paying a guy $10 million. How the hell do you justify that?
Seriously!? There will always be later rounds guys that perform better than early round players at all positions. But typically that’s not the case. There’s a reason why players are ranked where they are.

With you reasoning we should trade our top picks for 4-7 rounds then?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Seriously!? There will always be later rounds guys that perform better than early round players at all positions. But typically that’s not the case. There’s a reason why players are ranked where they are.

With you reasoning we should trade our top picks for 4-7 rounds then?
It’s the RB position. You know this. Stop being stupid.

btcutter

Reaction score
It’s the RB position. You know this. Stop being stupid.
Lol! Why don’t you tell Will McClay your wisdom of which RB in the later rounds will definitively be a success in the NFL. Maybe one of the teams will make you a scout.

Names such as Randell, Choice among other just on the Cowboy team ring a bell?

But hey if you got a sure thing and that RB is avail please share your wisdom with this board.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lol! Why don’t you tell Will McClay your wisdom of which RB in the later rounds will definitively be a success in the NFL. Maybe one of the teams will make you a scout.

Names such as Randell, Choice among other just on the Cowboy team ring a bell?

But hey if you got a sure thing and that RB is avail please share your wisdom with this board.
Do you watch the modern NFL at all? Also stop the straw man crap because I never said “later rounds” I said like 3/4. Also it’s because that’s where some good backs will be available AFTER they draft for more important positions. Did you know that 15 of the top 20 RBs last year were drafted after round 1 and half of those guys were taken in rounds 4 and 5? Drafting another RB in round 1 when they need help at DT, G, WR, TE and maybe C is a classic Jerry move. He loves dummies like you.

garyv

Reaction score
Why is this reminding me of Ricky Williams vs Edgerrin James debate?

Ricky Williams was the can’t miss prospect that NO traded the entire draft to get. Yet James was picked ahead in a shocker by Indy!

What do you guys think? eerily similar?
Does anyone wonder if the Cowboys did draft a Robinson or a Gibbs would they rescind the tag they gave Pollard ?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who's protecting Dak in the passing game? I Love Gibbs, but drafting him gives ya a 1st rounder and a $10M free agent who offers little as pass protectors.

cowboyec

Reaction score
bijan.
i think he's the better player.
game changer.
even knowing he'll get the ball...he was hard to stop.
i like gibbs...but 1 for 1...there isn't another rb i'd take over bijan.

btcutter

Reaction score
Does anyone wonder if the Cowboys did draft a Robinson or a Gibbs would they rescind the tag they gave Pollard ?
Possible IF they double dip at RB. Say Robinson at 26 and a speed back in the 5th.
It's unlikely but it will mean this is Pollard's last year with the Cowboys

btcutter

Reaction score
Do you watch the modern NFL at all? Also stop the straw man crap because I never said “later rounds” I said like 3/4. Also it’s because that’s where some good backs will be available AFTER they draft for more important positions. Did you know that 15 of the top 20 RBs last year were drafted after round 1 and half of those guys were taken in rounds 4 and 5? Drafting another RB in round 1 when they need help at DT, G, WR, TE and maybe C is a classic Jerry move. He loves dummies like you.
Being inflexible is what gets teams in trouble.

In general you take TALENT. At pick 26 you are basically picking a 2nd round talent already. If a 1st round talent falls then you have to be flexible enough to pounce on that. You have to trust your draft department's grade on players.
Sure if there's a 1st round rated DL/WR vs RB then yes I based my choice on depth of the draft in those positions and my needs. But I don't write of drafting a RB automatically without knowing what's on the board at time of my pick.

Once again, you give me a SURE FIRE 3/4 round starter at RB and I'll be happy to oblige. But you have selective memory and forgot we drafted RB Randell, Choice among others who never panned out. There's a reason those players were 3-5 round choices.

We have needs at DT, G, WR, TE.....sure. You are so stuck in your ways you are willing to take the 5th or 7th best DT, 4 or 5th WR or reach for a G that's a 2nd round talent over what you scouting department grade of top 10-15 talent like Robinson?

Yeah, dummies like you is what we get when we force draft needs like Taco.

Last edited:

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
His mental makeup is the complete opposite of Ricky, so it’s a bad comparison. Bijan has rare cutting ability. He’s fast, he’s strong, you can play him in the slot if you want. There’s a reason why everyone ranks him as a top-10 talent in this draft. I would be very happy with either one, but I’m giving Bijan the edge.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
OK you guys can you talk me into it Gibbs ii is but please take I left guard in the second round and I want wine

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would not complain if the Cowboys drafted Gibbs at 26. He was not ran into ground like most Alabama running backs and has 4.36 speed. Maybe he is a Chris Johnson light.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Being inflexible is what gets teams in trouble.

In general you take TALENT. At pick 26 you are basically picking a 2nd round talent already. If a 1st round talent falls then you have to be flexible enough to pounce on that. You have to trust your draft department's grade on players.
Sure if there's a 1st round rated DL/WR vs RB then yes I based my choice on depth of the draft in those positions and my needs. But I don't write of drafting a RB automatically without knowing what's on the board at time of my pick.

Once again, you give me a SURE FIRE 3/4 round starter at RB and I'll be happy to oblige. But you have selective memory and forgot we drafted RB Randell, Choice among others who never panned out. There's a reason those players were 3-5 round choices.

We have needs at DT, G, WR, TE.....sure. You are so stuck in your ways you are willing to take the 5th or 7th best DT, 4 or 5th WR or reach for a G that's a 2nd round talent over what you scouting department grade of top 10-15 talent like Robinson?

Yeah, dummies like you is what we get when we force draft needs like Taco.
You are the king of straw man arguments. It’s a pathetic trait really so 1) Be aware when you are about to do it 2) Don’t do it. I despised the Taco pick btw. Who in the hell is saying Robinson is a 10-15 pick? Who? That’s an arbitrary statement you are using to try and justify your stupid point. I am done with you. It’s like speaking with a child.

btcutter

Reaction score
You are the king of straw man arguments. It’s a pathetic trait really so 1) Be aware when you are about to do it 2) Don’t do it. I despised the Taco pick btw. Who in the hell is saying Robinson is a 10-15 pick? Who? That’s an arbitrary statement you are using to try and justify your stupid point. I am done with you. It’s like speaking with a child.
When you have no good arguments then revert to insult. Nice!

You believe your way has to be the right way and has no flexibility to adjust. You don't believe in counter argument and unable accept opposing views. Recipe for "success".

I said if our scouting department believe these RBs are real 1st round talents then it's best for the team to select better talent than forcing a pick that's of lesser talent.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Guys still wanting to draft a RB in Rd 1 is amazing to me. Truly amazing. Didn’t learn the lesson with Zeke? Ok with Pollard tagged and a first round contract to another RB…really? Bigsby and McBride are 2 guys that may be around in rounds 3/4. I would bet a lot of money they will be as productive as Gibbs or Robinson especially over their careers. This is definitely the case here where the OL and other skill guys are solid.
2016 was an entire different team because of Zeke. Sorry some guys don't see the value in a guy who gets 20-30 touches a game especially with a mediocre QB

Aven8

Reaction score
Gibbs will be the ROTY IMO. The dude is Kamara/Marshall Faulk type player who can do it all. I would be scared as hell if we were playing against a back like this.