rob's injury update

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! Thanks as always, for the information you give us. :)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
rob just called to say that he has been in treatment all day. i was incorrect before with the ankle, hip side. his right ankle and left hip are the problem right now. previously, the broken blood vessel was in his left leg, just below his calf. that injury is ok. rob is pretty sore and walking in a boot, but he said he is practicing tomorrow. if at all possible i'm sure he is playing thurs.

he made one comment i find interesting. he believes alot of players are playing through injury and the team is developing real mental toughness. time will tell if that has any effect as the season unfolds.

thanks for all the well wishes, you fans have been unbelivable.

pittdawg, thanks for the great "inside information" reports.........I look forward to any news you have. Keep it coming and thanks! :star:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
We aren't THAT much younger than you, WG. Come oooooon. Give the young guys a chance.
Young guy sounds better than "Kid." Alot of folks on here refer to the players as kids and I refuse to do so under the pre-text that they're young men.

BTW, I have given the young guys a chance and it's not worth the headache. :p: :cool:

Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the personal update Pittdawg!
I hope he recovers soon!

It will be interesting to see how Parcells handles these injuries...

Tucker should see alot of PT at RT but Vollers also has a broken wrist...

We don't want the starters to see too much action on thurs...

But Rivera needs the work, Spears needs PT...Canty needs more work...

Will Berry-O make the team and if so how will we handle that injury as well...

At least we have alot of time before the first game...

Duane

Reaction score
Mr.. Petitti it is so refreshing to see a young player like Rob come in and act like a grizzled vet. I'm sure his perseverance is an inspiration to his teammates. This is no doubt a direct result of the mentoring you've given him over the years.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Duane said:
Mr.. Petitti it is so refreshing to see a young player like Rob come in and act like a grizzled vet. I'm sure his perseverance is an inspiration to his teammates. This is no doubt a direct result of the mentoring you've given him over the years.

The amazing and beautiful thing is, we seem to have a whole draft class full of them. All the talk about getting character guys was clearly not just lip service. We got a bunch of young, hard working, mentally tough guys who are really just barely more than kids. We could be in for an amazing season and the near future sure looks bright.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Let him know we all have big expectations for him after that performance Saturday night.

PS, has Parcells given this kid a nickname yet?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
thanks for the info Pittdawg, i was curious as which players Rob was referring to when he said "alot" of them are playing with injuries, i meant besides the obvious Barryo, and now Ware.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm liking this kid more and more. He had a tough first couple of games, but the improvement is there. I said we couldn't function on offense if he kept making mental errors, but it looks like he's improving. If he continues to improve, it's his job to lose (even next season, IMO).

Yes we busted on Rogers, but if Petitti continues to improve it more then offsets the bust.

Pittdawg, tell your son to get one of those foot massager thingies, put some warm water in it, pour in some ebsom salt and let it soak for awhile. Then ice it down afterwards. That helped me get through last season with my turf toe.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
The amazing and beautiful thing is, we seem to have a whole draft class full of them. All the talk about getting character guys was clearly not just lip service. We got a bunch of young, hard working, mentally tough guys who are really just barely more than kids. We could be in for an amazing season and the near future sure looks bright.

yea, I noticed that this past game. Score a TD, flip the ball to referee and mosey back to your sideline. Sack the QB and get up and go to your huddle. No chest pumping, No dancing in the End zone. Though I think Morgan did dance after his TD, how Ironic our Rooks are acting like Morgan should be and Morgans the one on the bubble.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Though I think Morgan did dance after his TD, how Ironic our Rooks are acting like Morgan should be and Morgans the one on the bubble.

Morgan didn't do a dance after his touchdown. He was going to spike it, then pulled up and just flipped the ball to a fan. The only touchdown celebration any of the Cowboys did Saturday was Julius unbuckling his chin strap and pumping both fists at the crowd.

Maybe you were thinking of Reggie Swinton's "Swin-Town Shake."

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Like everyone else said Pittdawg... thanks for the update. Your son played well, even to an uneducated eye like myself. Best wishes to both of you.

John813

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pittdawg
rob just called to say that he has been in treatment all day. i was incorrect before with the ankle, hip side. his right ankle and left hip are the problem right now. previously, the broken blood vessel was in his left leg, just below his calf. that injury is ok. rob is pretty sore and walking in a boot, but he said he is practicing tomorrow. if at all possible i'm sure he is playing thurs.

he made one comment i find interesting. he believes alot of players are playing through injury and the team is developing real mental toughness. time will tell if that has any effect as the season unfolds.

thanks for all the well wishes, you fans have been unbelivable.

Rob is the man, he is a beast and hopefully he becomes our starter at right tackle for a long time.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hey Pittdawg.... Thanks for the update and all, and I'm glad your son is the kind of player he is. One thing though, he is making it tough on the discretionary spending here at the cajuncowboy household because I'm thinking I am going to have to buy Two new jerseys this year instead of one, Crayton's and now Rob's. But, it's a sacrifice :D I'm willing to make.

Tell your kid, Cowboy nation is rooting for him big time.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I got chills reading this. Nothing better than a team deciding to play through the pain en masse. It means they expect great things as a team. It's a great sign.
I feel it too.

PD your son has gained a serious fan with his toughness. Tell him his guttiness is appreciated.