Rock & Roll HOF nominations for 2019

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. The Zombies are cool. But the R & R HOF is a sham, Mike. I don't know any music listeners ("audiophiles") who give two ***** about this event. With no disrespect to you, sir.

HBO's Reverb, before they cut the plug on it, was far more interesting.

It's just something to discuss in an otherwise underwhelming Cowboy season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Janet Jacksons career to me is only slightly more notable than Paula Abdul's

If you are going to nominate Janet Jackson, then why not Mariah Carey who had a far superior career

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Janet Jacksons career to me is only slightly more notable than Paula Abdul's

If you are going to nominate Janet Jackson, then why not Mariah Carey who had a far superior career
Janet Jackson is far superior to Paula Abdul musically.

I don't believe Paula wrote any of her music or lyrics.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
How was Def Leppard not already in there? And wouldn’t Nicks be classified with Mac already? “No this is for the solo artist Nicks.” Got to tell ya,that whole awards deal is stupid. Ohhhh yes.Todd Rudgren,LL Coolio J,Janet Jackson, Roxy Music,The Cure ect...are totally my definition of “Rock N Roll” ...Just freaking make a “Music HOF” award.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Another huge snub is The Funk Brothers...there would be no Motown without them.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Radiohead deserves it more than any of the others. The music of today wouldn't exist without Radiohead. They have been just as influential over the past 20 years as Pink Floyd was in the 70's.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Radiohead is unlike the others. Radiohead reshaped music, none of the others on that list did the same. And spare me Rage, with their punk rap and Wah pedals, feeding into the angsty, closet-homo mid-late 90s generation.

Aside from them:

Devo
Janet
LL
Stevie ******* Nicks
The Cure

Rundgren is interesting, but most of his chops are from studio sessions. Unless Utopia gets in? Then **** it, put every one in. Zombies don't belong.

Def Leppard is nasty. Abbott pitched a no-hitter with one hand. Yay, their drummer!!!!!!!! Hair!!!!!!!

Does anyone take this **** serious, tho?

To answer your last question...……….No.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Cant wait until Zeppelin or Rush gets in and shows these wanna-bes how it done...…..j/k:laugh:

Def Leppard you say? :facepalm: Is this some kinda sick joke...….Bon Joke last year, Leppard this year who is next year? Poison or Warrant? What a joke.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Roxy Music and Radiohead, ok both have legit careers. Much as i love colin blunstones voice can't see the zombies there. Love def lep but hof?
Stevie Nicks best work was with Mac. I can understand Rundgren for a wizard a true star and his work as a producer.
The rest -not really.