Rock & Roll HOF nominations for 2019

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, I have zero problems with hair bands. The RRHOF should be reserved for only the very best which would disqualify about 70% of those who are currently in. This is from the official site...………

"Artists—a group encompassing performers, composers and/or musicians—become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first commercial recording. Besides demonstrating unquestionable musical excellence and talent, inductees will have had a significant impact on the development, evolution and preservation of rock & roll"
Strangely there is pic of the bozo from Green Day right above what I just quoted....:facepalm:

Anyways the above criteria should disqualify about 70% of the current members including Bon Jovi, they weren't excellent musicians nor did they have a significant impact on the development, evolution and preservation of R&R.
Well, since they don't adhere to what constitutes "Rock & Roll", they can just do whatever they want, including putting it in Cleveland, hardly the birthplace of R&R. Memphis or Philly would be more credible to me.

What's amusing about the HOF is how many really don't care whether their in it because they've *******ized it with some they have already inducted. Stern did do a nice number on Jann Wenner in his Bon Jovi induction so I am glad they got in.

Just like the NFL HOF, they put Booger in, that's no longer the HOF to me.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, I have zero problems with hair bands. The RRHOF should be reserved for only the very best which would disqualify about 70% of those who are currently in. This is from the official site...………

"Artists—a group encompassing performers, composers and/or musicians—become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first commercial recording. Besides demonstrating unquestionable musical excellence and talent, inductees will have had a significant impact on the development, evolution and preservation of rock & roll"
Strangely there is pic of the bozo from Green Day right above what I just quoted....:facepalm:

Anyways the above criteria should disqualify about 70% of the current members including Bon Jovi, they weren't excellent musicians nor did they have a significant impact on the development, evolution and preservation of R&R.

Keep in mind the R&R HOF has to bring in visitors...

There's a marketing reason why groups/singers like Bon Jovi were brought on board.

That being said, in my view popularity of the performer goes a long way in determining their eligibility for the HOF and Bon Jovi sold a boat-load of music.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The challenge is defining what is "Musical excellence and talent". That bar is going to move depending upon who's doing the evaluating.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Keep in mind the R&R HOF has to bring in visitors...

There's a marketing reason why groups/singers like Bon Jovi were brought on board.

That being said, in my view popularity of the performer goes a long way in determining their eligibility for the HOF and Bon Jovi sold a boat-load of music.

They did sell a ton but not as much as I thought.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

According to this list Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Ed Sheeran{who?} have all sold more than Bon Jovi. The RRHOF is slowly running out of eligible inductee's, at the rate they are putting in band pretty soon everyone will be win.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The challenge is defining what is "Musical excellence and talent". That bar is going to move depending upon who's doing the evaluating.

I know the old saying "art is subjective" has probably came into play but c'mon, acts like the Runaways and Green Day have no business aside acts like Zeppelin, Floyd and Rush. And as far as the Runaways go I believe Pat Benatar was better and did way much more for women in music than the Runaways did. The Runaways music was god awful and primitive at best.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the old saying "art is subjective" has probably came into play but c'mon, acts like the Runaways and Green Day have no business aside acts like Zeppelin, Floyd and Rush. And as far as the Runaways go I believe Pat Benatar was better and did way much more for women in music than the Runaways did. The Runaways music was god awful and primitive at best.

I'm right there with you on Pat Benatar.

jimmy40

Reaction score

According to this list Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Ed Sheeran{who?} have all sold more than Bon Jovi. The RRHOF is slowly running out of eligible inductee's, at the rate they are putting in band pretty soon everyone will be win.
aren't downloads off the net figured into "sales" now somehow? Either way, sales back when you actually had to walk into a store to buy music is a hell of a lot more impressive than today.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
aren't downloads off the net figured into "sales" now somehow? Either way, sales back when you actually had to walk into a store to buy music is a hell of a lot more impressive than today.

Not sure if downloads are counted or not? Agree 100% with the your last sentence.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

If you add up all of Bon Jovi’s hits... then add up Rihanna + taylor Swift + lady Gaga + ed Sheeran’s hits....

Bon Jovi gives all of them combined a run for their money