Rodgers wants out of Green Bay

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I love your style! This would be old Wildcatter Jerry. Not the cadaver now.

I got no style TexFrog. I got a can of dip, a Ball Cap, a Staubach Jersey and a couple of Cold Buds on Ice. Plus, I got this laptop that lets me get on the net. That was a mistake by somebody right?

:laugh:

But I'm good with it. Bring on the Draft!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He demanded a trade....they killed the trade
He asked for an extension they asked for a restructure
then they offered an extension and he told them no I am leaving.

Sounds to me like he is out in GB. If the trade thing was a leverage situation to get an extension done it worked and then he said no because he wants out.

The packers are going to come off terrible no matter what happens unless they win without him.
Would interesting to see movement on this front tonight, all hell could break loose.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’d take Rodgers. Better late than never. Wish we would have drafted him and we probably have a couple more SB titles already.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Would interesting to see movement on this front tonight, all hell could break loose.

The packers are certainly in a no win situation now. They are going to have to respond to this stuff and there are no right answers.

Everything the packers do this weekend will be under a big microscope.

I hope the packers fail miserably no matter what they do.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I got no style TexFrog. I got a can of dip, a Ball Cap, a Staubach Jersey and a couple of Cold Buds on Ice. Plus, I got this laptop that lets me get on the net. That was a mistake by somebody right?

:laugh:

But I'm good with it. Bring on the Draft!

:lmao:Sounds like a good night to me! Enjoy...and somehow leak these great ideas to Jerry.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'll tell you what, I'd be on the phone with sf right now offering SF Dak for their 3 overall and their first next year and then I'd be calling GB and offering them the 3 for AR and their first. I'd go ahead and take Sewell with our first pick and then just go Defense the rest of the way and I'd roll with Rodgers and that OL for two or three years. I would use those future picks to get my future QB and take my chances and I'd be a better football team for it.

I don't understand. If Dak isn't good enough to get the Cowboys where they need to go; since you want Dallas to trade him; than why would the 49ers give us the 3rd overall pick and a 1st next year for him?

All to get a QB for a year or two in Rodgers that has less than a stellar recent history with Mike McCarthy?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The packers are certainly in a no win situation now. They are going to have to respond to this stuff and there are no right answers.

Everything the packers do this weekend will be under a big microscope.

I hope the packers fail miserably no matter what they do.
I hope the Packers AND Rodgers both fail miserably. ;)

MikeB80

Reaction score
I hope the Packers AND Rodgers both fail miserably. ;)

I like rodgers on a personal level. I admire anyone who stands up to the right wing group think of the nfl. He has crushed our souls on the field though.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I’d take Rodgers. Better late than never. Wish we would have drafted him and we probably have a couple more SB titles already.

Rodgers hasn't won a title since Mike McCarthy won a title. Don't know if he'd have gotten multiple rings with the supporting cast in Dallas all these years.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Cant pair him with MM he would blow a gasket! 0% chance.
I am not so sure. The offense became stale when Jordy lost a step, Cobb was injured and Adams had yet to establish himself. You guys have great Wrs that can be what those Packers offenses had early on. Rodgers could walk into the team huddle and run the offense with no problem. The problem again would be the defense. Rodgers could lead the team only to see the defense give the game away again at the end. He has seen that too many times over teh past 10 years. Send him to Denver or San Fran. Those guys are immediately Super Bowl contenders .

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like rodgers on a personal level. I admire anyone who stands up to the right wing group think of the nfl. He has crushed our souls on the field though.
I never could stand the guy from Day 1.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rogers doesn't scare me .........lol. Bring it on
lol. Same goes for me. It is not like he wears Super Bowl rings on multiple fingers.

Unfortunately, he is a top-tier quarterback. And some fans have a permanent mindset that every single player must be compared to another player regardless of circumstance. Rodgers coming to the NFC East would ignite a brand new boatload of that kind of nonsense on this forum.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
CBS is reporting this.

Interesting timing considering there was a report that the 49ers were trying to trade for Rodgers, which I think also came from CBS.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...urn-reigning-nfl-mvp-upset-with-organization/

I live in Green Bay and this story broke last night by one of the local TV stations. It's been reported that Rodgers besides requesting to renegotiate his contract after Prescott's contract signed has voiced some other concerns he made 3 seasons ago that haven't been addressed and when he asked Murphy on Tuesday what the Packers priorities were in this draft, Murphy said that LaFleur told him what he thinks his needs are. Between telling Rodgers that his contract won't be renegotiated and after hearing that his concerns are still not going to be address he told Murphy that he no longer wants to play for the packers. The local station said that the 49ersand at least 2 other teams have placed calls inquiring about a trade. What Florio said about the 49ers reaching out to Rodgers couldn't have happened because that would be considered tampering and against NFL rules for a team to directly contract a player under contract with another team.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I wonder which team has the bounty of picks and balls it would take to get the 37 year old Rodgers from GB? I say he is back with the Pack next year. He is such a drama queen.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He’s near the end of his career...37 years old.

making 14.5 million in base this season.

due 25 mill in base in 2022 and 2023.

Probably under paid.

Praxit

Reaction score
..he's thinking the Brady Train formula. Perhaps another venue. He doesn't understand that Brady is jinx to win, regardless what team he's on.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He might be my least favorite player in the nfl. And that’s a long list haha

Same. There are Eagles players I like more than I like Rodgers, and I can't stand the Philadelphia Eagles. I hope he rots on a team. He wants out of Green Bay? Here's what I say to that: