Roger and Jerry are in a meeting right NOW

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CATCH17;2338067 said:
I dont think Pac will get any short term suspensions for behavior issues.

I have a feeling hes about to get hit hard.

If Pac gets suspended it will be for life.

And we all know full well w/ how your feelings turn out.

Seriously - stop having these feelings. We beg you.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
links18;2338138 said:
Refraining from Alcohol is a routine conditions of most probation sentences handed down that I have ever seen. Hell, judges regularly order people to refrain from alcohol as a condition of pre-trial release on bail. If you are found to have violated, back to the pokey you go!

Literally............

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2338146 said:
yes, fractured foot, done 6-8 weeks

If hes done 6 to 8 weeks doesnt that mean he could be back?

Or do we have to save a Roster Spot in order to keep him?

Mike_45

Reaction score
Aven8;2338097 said:
I just heard Goose on Norm say that he thinks he should be suspended and the he should take a pick away from the Cowboys! If he takes away a pick Goodell may never get out of town!!!

Is this Goose just speculating and being an idiot or was this something he heard from someone who might actually know something?

I think the "refunding" of the pick was part of the deal, which I am pretty sure since it was agreed to back in the summer cant be changed.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2338065 said:
LOL

Dear baby jesus and lord goodell....

Please dont make me look like the biggest fool in all of sports.....

Please let me keep my new toy and dont send me to my room.....

:laugh2: !

jdnelson103

Reaction score
Mike_45;2338162 said:
Is this Goose just speculating and being an idiot or was this something he heard from someone who might actually know something?

I think the "refunding" of the pick was part of the deal, which I am pretty sure since it was agreed to back in the summer cant be changed.
He said the team might lose a pick because Goodell warned all teams that if they took on high risk player and the player embarrassed the league again, that team could be penalized also.

links18

Reaction score
Mike_45;2338162 said:
Is this Goose just speculating or was something he heard from someone who might actually know something?

Makes you wonder about that deal. If PAC plays poorly or gets injured, in some ways the Cowboys organization has some incentive in him getting suspended. Makes you wonder if the league thought that trade through before they approved it.....

Aven8

Reaction score
Mike_45;2338162 said:

He's speculating...but he did say that the teams would be held accountable, not just the player in the Summer meetings, and to not take a pick away, would be sending the wrong message to all the teams.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CATCH17;2338153 said:

IR I bet.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
CATCH17;2338153 said:

More than likely would have to save a roster spot to keep him. Had it been some where in the 4 week range, would be interesting what the cowboys would do. Also, Hurd will probably be put on the IR later on today. They are already practicing two punters at the moment. :( The cowboys could use Hurd spot to for the new punter until McBriar returns unless we trade for a receiver. Because the cowboys already have Stanback inactive during the games. Also, no one looks like they are going to take our practice spot receivers considering they been their all season long and have yet taken them. The cowboys could just activate Stanback and see how things play out from now to then.

Mike_45

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2338181 said:
He said the team might lose a pick because Goodell warned all teams that if they took on high risk player and the player embarrassed the league again, that team could be penalized also.

gotcha, thanks

links18;2338182 said:
Makes you wonder about that deal. If PAC plays poorly or gets injured, in some ways the Cowboys organization has some incentive in him getting suspended. Makes you wonder if the league thought that trade through before they approved it.....

yes, very compelling...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Meh, Goose is just hoping Goodell takes a pick away from us. Typical of him.

From what I've read, Goodell would have to think that the team did not take enough steps to help the player comply, and no one can say Jerry hasn't done that.

Actually, as much as I don't like Pacman, I kind of doubt Goodell does anything to him. At least, not this time.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
John clayton is coming up in a minute on irvins show.

and I hope he hurries up. I cant take much more of this. The show is terrible.

sacase

Reaction score
Oh that's right there is a NFL meeting for the next three days. Nothing to see here move a long.

703_image_01.jpg

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
October 14, 2008
What penalty will Adam Jones receive?
10:02 AM Tue, Oct 14, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips
I think Adam Jones will receive a one-game suspension and an additional $40,000 fine for his scuffle with his own security guard last week.

Here's why:

* It was a dumb move to put himself in a position where an incident like the one that occurred could happen

* The commissioner visited the Cowboys last Wednesday, and Jones did not inform him of the incident, making the commisioner look bad once he returned to New York and started fielding phone calls about the incident. That's a lie of omission.

* The commissioner had told Jones that he would have zero tolerance policy since Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season for continually violating the league's personal conduct penalty.

This latest incident wouldn't be a huge deal, if it involved another player, but Jones is a habitual offender and the incident has certainly brought negative attention to the league and the Cowboys.

That's my take. What's yours?

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2338228 said:
October 14, 2008
I think Adam Jones will receive a one-game suspension and an additional $40,000 fine for his scuffle with his own security guard last week.

Here's why:

* It was a dumb move to put himself in a position where an incident like the one that occurred could happen

* The commissioner visited the Cowboys last Wednesday, and Jones did not inform him of the incident, making the commisioner look bad once he returned to New York and started fielding phone calls about the incident. That's a lie of omission.

* The commissioner had told Jones that he would have zero tolerance policy since Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season for continually violating the league's personal conduct penalty.

This latest incident wouldn't be a huge deal, if it involved another player, but Jones is a habitual offender and the incident has certainly brought negative attention to the league and the Cowboys.

That we'll net 2 2nd day picks next year?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2338228 said:
October 14, 2008

Here's why:

I hope not cause if he misses this next game i don't know if we can win any of the next 3 games.