Roger and Jerry are in a meeting right NOW

ddh33

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think anyone can complain, regardless of what Goodell's decision is. If Adam Jones didn't want it to come to this, he shouldn't have put himself in this situation. It's that simple.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ddh33;2338382 said:
Yeah, I don't think anyone can complain, regardless of what Goodell's decision is. If Adam Jones didn't want it to come to this, he shouldn't have put himself in this situation. It's that simple.

Exactly. However you'll have plenty complain about how Roger is evil, he's being a bully, and everyone is just picking on poor Adam Jones.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2338388 said:
Exactly. However you'll have plenty complain about how Roger is evil, he's being a bully, and everyone is just picking on poor Adam Jones.
Adam Jones is our William Wallace

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2338372 said:
And if we still go 0-3 in the next three games and the pass defense is beat up like it was in the second half by the Cards, with Jones, are you going to stop pissing and moaning about how unfair Cowboy fans are for not thinking he's some saving grace?

:bang2:

We actually played GREAT in the 1st half. That 3rd and 17 conversion on a RB dumpoff was a momentum killer-otherwise, we probably cruise. I can go on and on.

Overall-why does this lie keep getting repeated how Jones was constantly getting burned all game?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2338382 said:

We're not complaining about his decision, we're complaining about his LOSS on the team.

Our pass D could potentially be shot to **** if he's gone.

And please homers-don't try to spin how our pass D is supposedly struggling largely b/c of him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2338318 said:
....snip...

But how many more chances does Goodell and the league need to give him to be on a 'reasonable' path? The guy has been warned, he's been suspended, he knew the guidelines. How many chances does a person get before it's clear that he just doesn't get it?

We'd have to keep a roster spot for him and given the injuries we're dealing with elsewhere I doubt, very seriously, that keeping two punters on the 53 for 8 weeks is an appealing one.

I can't answer what would be reasonable here for certain. I can only guess. Not knowing the terms of his probation both legally and per the league, I can't know if and when he violated it. Normally there is escalation but with one year's suspension already then it could be the rest of the year. I doubt this warrants a lifetime suspension but that's one man's opinion.

I'm worried about McBriar. His injury may be worse than we think. I would imagine he hyperplantar flexed his foot and I'm not very familiar with that type of injury. Of course he could get an actual bone contusion as well as other ligamentous injury from other mechanisms of injury. A long way to say 4 weeks may be very optimistic. I wish we could hear more on this as you're right. Carrying two punters for 4-6 weeks is a pain but I don't see them putting McBriar on IR unless they know he going to be gone longer.

When it rains it pours.

Terence Newman700;2338337 said:
he wont get suspended....Jerry n Roger are tight......

Roger G will be like "we haven't found anything to warrant a suspension this time, we hope he can stay out of trouble, and hope to not hear of anything for the rest of the year, next time he may not be so lucky" some BS like that

Jerry will persuade him, and we have to much crap going on already with us

I wish I could be so optimistict. I doubt anything sways Goodell except the facts although the fact Jerry has a great rehabilation program has been a factor the whole time and is on his side.

ddh33

Reaction score
If you're worried about Pacman's suspension ruining your pass defense, then you already failed by relying on him too much. I know Newman's injury has compounded things a little bit, but a guy like Pacman can never be relied on.

Frozen700

Reaction score
jobberone;2338427 said:
I can't answer what would be reasonable here for certain. I can only guess. Not knowing the terms of his probation both legally and per the league, I can't know if and when he violated it. Normally there is escalation but with one year's suspension already then it could be the rest of the year. I doubt this warrants a lifetime suspension but that's one man's opinion.

I'm worried about McBriar. His injury may be worse than we think. I would imagine he hyperplantar flexed his foot and I'm not very familiar with that type of injury. Of course he could get an actual bone contusion as well as other ligamentous injury from other mechanisms of injury. A long way to say 4 weeks may be very optimistic. I wish we could hear more on this as you're right. Carrying two punters for 4-6 weeks is a pain but I don't see them putting McBriar on IR unless they know he going to be gone longer.

When it rains it pours.

I wish I could be so optimistict. I doubt anything sways Goodell except the facts although the fact Jerry has a great rehabilation program has been a factor the whole time and is on his side.

yea i hear you bro

stiletto

Reaction score
Boysboy;2338363 said:
Hey-this also qualifies as a homeristic statement, especially if you think Alan Ball will somehow light it up.

If we go 0-3 the next 3 games, don't come back here crying how our pass D was shot to **** b/c of Pacman's loss.

Obviously it is you who are the HOMER if you think Pacman has done anything to warrant the trouble that the organization has gone through. He totally ruined his last chance. Game-Set-match bud. He's gone.. Get over it...

stiletto

Reaction score
ddh33;2338447 said:
If you're worried about Pacman's suspension ruining your pass defense, then you already failed by relying on him too much. I know Newman's injury has compounded things a little bit, but a guy like Pacman can never be relied on.

EXACTLY. Pacman would've just been a bonus had he worked out. Jerry is an idiot if he relied soley on Pacman "reforming". That would easily be the biggest GM blunder of the year.