Roger Goodell Extended

Reaction score
So, it sounds like not only did he NOT get his $50M a year request, but it's mostly incentive based and maxes out at $40/year.

So, hopefully he only makes $4M next year.
I would doubt that.

I bet most of those incentives will be ridiculously easy to achieve.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
It would suck not have a season but depending on the results it may be worth it in the long run. I hate to say this but I almost rather have no season at all than some weak 8-10 game season nonsense.
I'd rather have no season than Goodell getting to continue to wield this much power and keep passive-aggressively screwing Jerry with all the nonsense calls. The players better not let that happen; I don't think they will.

Reaction score
For those who want to hit Goodell in the pocketbook, stop buying NFL gear or anything NFL related.

Stop buying NFL Sunday Ticket and stop going to games.

All of this stuff puts money in Goodell's pocket.

If enough fans do it league-wide, maybe the owners will start getting the message. Until then, it will be more of the same. Because that's the way the owners want it. Most of them anyway.

Plankton

Reaction score
goodelllaugh.jpg

PatriotsBanner-HG-090817-ph03

2c62cd5b2bf14f708c0e2b67fe67fe3e.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well if that is the case there should be other owners who should get the same consequence such as McNair from Houston and the Browns owner for putting such a poor team on the field,lol.
That Browns organization is really starting to work in me,as they seemingly remain content in the zero growth rate,the league should institute draft changes to something like two back to back years at the #32 ranking or 5 years in a 10 year period, that franchise loses 'x' number of premium draft picks, as there's really no incentive for betterment, with the profit sharing being equal,I recall reading an article about how the Packers franchise is such a small market base it couldn't stay afloat on it's own without league funding,,, back to the Browns, those are pretty much 'stolen' picks turning into 'wasted' talent that functional organizations would definitely make better use of( losing games is one thing,continually losing perennially should be financially painful), I know it's coming across as a stupid concept as some team will end up riding drag at #32 every season but if there's such a thing as the " competition committee " it needs revamped first for allowing this embarrassing action to repeatedly take placeo_O

Aven8

Reaction score
Meh, the players signed the stupid deal last time giving him power and they got less practice time, and more money. We probably wouldn't even care about this if half our team hadn't been suspended. I'm tired of talking about this dude.