News: Roger Goodell is reportedly 'furious' about a major adjustment to his next contract with the NFL

Pants

Reaction score
wahmbulance.jpg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I had that happen on a plane. At some point I yelled at the mother to make the brat quit.
Nothing worse than an unruly brat and the parents are complicit with it's behavior.
Almost as bad as unruly parents and the brats are complicit.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't care if Roger Goodell is furious. I'm furious at him so there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wssaustin

Reaction score
there are also seemingly enough owner for the two-thirds vote needed to approve Goodell's contract

This concerns me. Who'd approve his extension?

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is reportedly "furious" over potential changes to his next contract with the league.

According to ESPN's Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr., Jerry Jones and other NFL owners have been adamant that Goodell's next contract have less guaranteed money and be more focused on performance-based compensation.

"He feels as if the owners have made a lot of money and he should be compensated accordingly," a source told ESPN. "The incentives thing really angers him."

Tensions were already high around league offices regarding Goodell's next deal, as Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reportedly threatened a lawsuit against the league and some team owners in order to have a bigger say in the commissioner's next contract.

It appears that other owners are also frustrated with Goodell, with issues like ongoing player protests and dwindling television ratings. However, there are also seemingly enough owner for the two-thirds vote needed to approve Goodell's contract.

http://www.businessinsider.com/roger-goodell-furious-contract-jerry-jones-2017-11

khiladi

Reaction score
Right but JJ reportedly told Kraft to suck it up and move on. Well...now the shoe is on the other foot.

Because Brady destroyed cell phones and teams actually complained about the football, unlike Zeke who was rail-roaded..

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Can't understand how he still has a job to be honest. Just look at the debacles he's been a part of or started, combine that with ratings being down, I honestly don't understand how owners haven't pushed to replace him.

If the NFL was a publicly traded company, the board would have asked him to step down a long time ago. I've never seen someone with so many public debacles keep their job.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
there are also seemingly enough owner for the two-thirds vote needed to approve Goodell's contract

This concerns me. Who'd approve his extension?
You assume Roger will sign what is offered (thank you Jerry). If he is furious hopefully he rejects it and the owners will say adios.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
i could do Roger's job 1000 times better and would be happy to take 1/10 of the pay, my first initiatives would be

1. Eliminate Thursday Night Football
2. Eliminate London and Mexico City games
3. Simplify the catch rule

there are about 7 other things i could list, but those 3 are a good start

how about eliminating the stupid delay of having the ref saunter to the sideline and look under a hood for replay--why not show commercials during that exciting five minutes