Rogers injured surgically repaired shoulder

Reaction score
Parcells mentioned it at the top of the PC. Great! Just when the news on the kid was getting too good to be true. I hope it is minor.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
johnnybluestar said:
Parcells mentioned it at the top of the PC. Great! Just when the news on the kid was getting too good to be true. I hope it is minor.

WHAT!!!!!!!

TheHustler

Reaction score
Don't overreact just yet. He practiced through it, but with pain. Will get it looked at.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Purcells says he is being examined at 3:00 and we will have a much better idea of his status then.

He did sound very disappointed, though.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I hope it's just Scar Tissue, He said it was bothering him for a couple of days, he played Sat, just checking it out. :trophy: :iggles: :suxiggle: :disseags:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I hate injuries......but, I keep telling myself.....it is part of the game!

Dang.....get well soon Jacob

31smackdown

Reaction score
BP did sound in a rather somber mood... It sounds like he was disappointed, like he was hoping it would be ok after all the rehab and now he doesn't know if this will be a chronic problem, but is hoping it is just a minor setback.

About the onlt thing that made him cheer up during the whole press conference was the play of Canty and then he went right back to somber when Rogers was brought up. It sounded like he was very curious about what the evaluation would be at 3:00, but I think the injury took a little wind out of his sails, knowing that he might not have any great options if Rogers can't play for some reason.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Jesus, the guy couldn't even make it to the first exhibition game. Glass jaw? More like glass shoulder.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
johnnybluestar said:

This is exactly why I started a thread yesterday asking what do we do if Rogers goes down and many 'poo-pooed' me even asking the question.

Let's hope the kid is ok and good to go.

I still maintain we have MAJOR problems at RT.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
good chance we got screwed drafting him? how long do you give players now before you just can see they wont make it?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sarge said:
This is exactly why I started a thread yesterday asking what do we do if Rogers goes down and many 'poo-pooed' me even asking the question.

Let's hope the kid is ok and good to go.

I still maintain we have MAJOR problems at RT.

I don't know why anyone would "poo poo" on you for asking that question. It's a very legitimate question. I hated teh Rogers pick last year because of his injury history. Who the hell cares how good he can be if he's gonna be hurt all the dang time? I'd rather have a Kurt Vollers at RT then a Toni Boselli. Sure Boselli is an absolute beast, but hurt all the time (now retired), whereas Vollers is solid and durable (*knock on wood*).

I certainly hope I'm wrong about Rogers. I pray that I'm wrong about ROgers, but praying and hoping doesn't change reality. He has and always will be injury prone. Lets hope Vollers does "Good enough" at RT this year.

kmd24

Reaction score
Thing is, Rogers rarely (never?) missed a game due to his shoulder while at USC. And Parcells stated that his shoulder did not keep him off the field last year, implying that the transition to RT did.

Parcells also hinted that it may be the kind of injury that he can play with, though it would never be quite right during the season.

Rogers apparently played in the scrimmage with it.