Rogers injured surgically repaired shoulder

Mike 1967

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Jesus, the guy couldn't even make it to the first exhibition game. Glass jaw? More like glass shoulder.

I didn't realize that Jesus played football.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
This is exactly why I started a thread yesterday asking what do we do if Rogers goes down and many 'poo-pooed' me even asking the question.

Let's hope the kid is ok and good to go.

I still maintain we have MAJOR problems at RT.

Well Sarge let's say we weren't a SB team even with Rogers in there. Right now Petitti needs to step up.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Petitti has to get on the field more. That ankle injury scares me - thats what he had at Sr Bowl and combine......

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Well Sarge let's say we weren't a SB team even with Rogers in there. Right now Petitti needs to step up.

My optimism would like to slap you for saying that, but I can't we you are most likely right....as for Petitti....I'm really hoping he can be the answer. However with the transition Rogers had moving to RT last year I would be surprised if he can step up real soon. If he takes it over by mid-season that would be great assuming Rogers physically can not cut it....

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Petitti stepping up would be the best fix for this problem. Ok Kid!!! there is a crack in the door....now kick it open.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Petitti stepping up would be the best fix for this problem. Ok Kid!!! there is a crack in the door....now kick it open.

I'm with ya CBz...I like that he's a big physical guy that can man handle DT and DE's in the run game...and a solid pass blocker. I'm crossing my fingers for the kid!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
My optimism would like to slap you for saying that, but I can't we you are most likely right....as for Petitti....I'm really hoping he can be the answer. However with the transition Rogers had moving to RT last year I would be surprised if he can step up real soon. If he takes it over by mid-season that would be great assuming Rogers physically can not cut it....

I'm sorry to say..... whether Rogers can physically make it through a training camp much less a whole season is really becoming very suspect.

The RT position is starting to scare me to death.

Petti simply has to stepup and be the man.

Hoovie

Reaction score
Rack said:
I'd rather have a Kurt Vollers at RT then a Toni Boselli. Sure Boselli is an absolute beast, but hurt all the time (now retired), whereas Vollers is solid and durable (*knock on wood*).

While I agree with you on the point that a player can have all the talent in the world, it doesn't matter if he's always hurt... I disagree on your uneducated dig of Tony Boselli. Boselli was a 5 time pro bowler. Yes, his career was cut short by injury, but that in no way diminishes that for 5 years, he was arguably the best tackle in football.

Year/Team/Games/Games Started:
1995 Jaguars 13 12
1996 Jaguars 16 16 (Pro Bowl)
1997 Jaguars 12 12 (Pro Bowl)
1998 Jaguars 15 15 (Pro Bowl)
1999 Jaguars 16 16 (Pro Bowl)
2000 Jaguars 16 16 (Pro Bowl)
2001 Jaguars 3 3

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I'm sorry to say..... whether Rogers can physically make it through a training camp much less a whole season is really becoming very suspect.

The RT position is starting to scare me to death.

Petti simply has to stepup and be the man.

Bingo...I'm more nervous about RT then FS and QB at this point. On paper this sounds good.......

LT Adams 340LBS
LG LA 330
C Big Al 300
RG Rivera 315
RT Petitti 330

Julius would be have a 2000 yard season...........look at that beef.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hoovie said:
While I agree with you on the point that a player can have all the talent in the world, it doesn't matter if he's always hurt... I disagree on your uneducated dig of Tony Boselli. Boselli was a 5 time pro bowler. Yes, his career was cut short by injury, but that in no way diminishes that for 5 years, he was arguably the best tackle in football.

Year/Team/Games/Games Started:
1995 Jaguars 13 12
1996 Jaguars 16 16 (Pro Bowl)
1997 Jaguars 12 12 (Pro Bowl)
1998 Jaguars 15 15 (Pro Bowl)
1999 Jaguars 16 16 (Pro Bowl)
2000 Jaguars 16 16 (Pro Bowl)
2001 Jaguars 3 3

Hey stop with the real facts there....:laugh2:

Jubei

Reaction score
How much longer until the news should come through ? Its 23:50 here in the UK. Ta.

Woods

Reaction score
Jubei said:
How much longer until the news should come through ? Its 23:50 here in the UK. Ta.

You're telling me!

I'm ready to go to bed.

Jubei

Reaction score
Woods said:
You're telling me!

I'm ready to go to bed.

Things have been going so well during training camp :( Im sure this is going to be the first bit of very bad news. I just have this feeling, please let me be wrong ! I dont want to go to sleep until I know !

Woods

Reaction score
Jubei said:
Things have been going so well during training camp :( Im sure this is going to be the first bit of very bad news. I just have this feeling, please let me be wrong !

I wish Tucker had shown up in shape. At least we'd have more options.

I'm still hoping for the best with Rogers, but I truly wonder how this guy is going to survive an entire season (and hopefully post-season!) . . . .

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Bingo...I'm more nervous about RT then FS and QB at this point. On paper this sounds good.......

LT Adams 340LBS
LG LA 330
C Big Al 300
RG Rivera 315
RT Petitti 330

Julius would be have a 2000 yard season...........look at that beef.

That is alot of beef..... :D

Just heard Spags on the ticket.....no word on Rogers......we have 3 options at RT.....Petitti steps up, which Spags questions, move LA, or bring BPA in.

I guess we shall see.

DMX690

Reaction score
Jubei said:

I'm guessing its bad news, because if the report come back with just a minor injury then, they would have given a press release, just like Marcus Spears. I guessing he's gone for the season.

Woods

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
That is alot of beef..... :D

Just heard Spags on the ticket.....no word on Rogers......we have 3 options at RT.....Petitti steps up, which Spags questions, move LA, or bring BPA in.

I guess we shall see.

That's a lot of pressure on Petitti, esp. given that it's a new position for him.

I'd first look to see if we could bring someone in before moving LA.