Romo and Dak are 7th and 8th best in Career Adjusted EPA 1999-2023

dacoming

Reaction score
What was wrong with the coaching in those games specifically?
In the Seattle game, they had no corners but Parcells called a conservative game plan instead of attacking their weakness. It should have been a blowout.

Same thing in the Giants game. We dominated them twice during the regular season by passing and they had no answer. So what did we do in the playoff game? We decided to go run heavy with Barber, who had over 100 yards in the first half, and still trailed at the half. The second half Romo was running for his life because their pass rush went to work. To win in the playoffs, you gotta coach to win not coach not to lose. They should have been up at least 2 TDs at the half with our receivers and their weak secondary. Crayton dropped a sure 75 yard TD wide open after Romo magically escaped the pass rush. But Romo always got the blame.

They keep hiring the wrong coaches and refuse to change the thought process when hiring. They probably already have a coach like Belicheck in mind now instead of interviewing several to see who fits best. It's a never-ending cycle.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the Seattle game, they had no corners but Parcells called a conservative game plan instead of attacking their weakness. It should have been a blowout.

Same thing in the Giants game. We dominated them twice during the regular season by passing and they had no answer. So what did we do in the playoff game? We decided to go run heavy with Barber, who had over 100 yards in the first half, and still trailed at the half. The second half Romo was running for his life because their pass rush went to work. To win in the playoffs, you gotta coach to win not coach not to lose. They should have been up at least 2 TDs at the half with our receivers and their weak secondary. Crayton dropped a sure 75 yard TD wide open after Romo magically escaped the pass rush. But Romo always got the blame.

They keep hiring the wrong coaches and refuse to change the thought process when hiring. They probably already have a coach like Belicheck in mind now instead of interviewing several to see who fits best. It's a never-ending cycle.
Its amazing to me we still are jacked up by Parcells era football.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I dont believe the 16 team was better than the 14 team in fact i believe the opposite to be true. Now one can say perhaps it would be different the 2nd time around but Romo had a chance and failed but in the end the defensive side the ball was the problem in both cases. Romo played good enough to win as did Dak
Not on offense, but on D it was.

Team Defense Ranking:

2014 15
2016 5

As I’ve said before, Tony’s defenses (and coaching) have been generally worse than Dak’s. Tony played primarily in a pre-McClay drafting era and the talent that was on those teams slowly dwindled as soon as Parcells left until many years later.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not on offense, but on D it was.

Team Defense Ranking:

2014 15
2016 5

As I’ve said before, Tony’s defenses (and coaching) have been generally worse than Dak’s. Tony played primarily in a pre-McClay drafting era and the talent that was on those teams slowly dwindled as soon as Parcells left until many years later.
Not sure why it’s so important to place the comparison on the 2 but I guess it’s never gonna stop

Romo and Dak have both had chances both along with the rest of the teams have failed and at this point only one can remedy it

Brax

Reaction score
Never really understood that one.

I never bought into the premise that the QB has the best hands on the team.

WR's should be holding the snap for kickers. More athletic if a bad snap and a better defender with speed on blocked FG.
That was BP I still don’t understand the thought process.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly! Grammatica I think it was gave 0 effort. Romo scores if the kicker tries to block there.
Actually the JW catch was a first down that somehow became a 4th. Still surprised BP didn’t go for it

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine saying Romo has a better team than Dak ever had when Dak has had 3 all-pro linemen his whole career here, Amari Cooper and ceeDee Lamb his starting 2 WRs.. AND Romo bas Jason Garrett as PLAY CALLER, a guy who would have been fired 6 games into the season if Mara wasn’t the owner of the Giants..