Romo and Dak are 7th and 8th best in Career Adjusted EPA 1999-2023

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
IMO it's a wash between the two offensively, even though the previous year Romo's offense only managed 21pts vs GB in the playoff loss. Our defense, for some reason, gets passes in all of our recent playoff losses. I'd argue that the majority of those losses are on them. We tend to show up to defensive battles without one.
Absolutely on the defense being the main culprit. I'm not blaming either QB.

gimmesix

Reaction score
With all due respect man......all Romo had to do was hold the snap lol. We're asking Gramatica to do something he had never did lol. Though I wish he would've lol. Probably changes the whole trajectory of the Cowboys.
It's hard to blame either player. Grammatica is a kicker not a blocker. Romo was a good place holder, but Seattle was sneaky and sent out a slick ball that had not been worked. That it led to a rule change shows how underhanded the move was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's hard to blame either player. Grammatica is a kicker not a blocker. Romo was a good place holder, but Seattle was sneaky and sent out a slick ball that had not been worked. That it led to a rule change shows how underhanded the move was.
I mean when we make mistakes or fail there’s always a reason. I don’t judge him as a place holder. I’m sure he was good. But his bobbled snap hurt us there.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Had we put Romo back into the lineup during that season and we ended up going one and done again the fan base would’ve been livid that we didn’t stay with Dak. There would’ve been a lot of regret of what could’ve been had we stayed with him. Our defense cost us the game in the playoffs and it wouldn’t have been any different regardless who our QB was.
There was a lot of regret that we stuck with Dak, because we lost. That's just the way it goes.

I don't know if the game would have turned out differently. I don't know if Romo would have even lasted a quarter. All I know is that Dak was high-strung at the start and had several off passes because of it. As a veteran, I don't think Romo would have been as hyped, but Dak played well and helped the team stay in the game and have a chance at the end. I can't say with absolute certainty that the same would have happened with Romo. I can believe it based on the evidence we had concerning Romo's level of play at that point in his career, but who knows since he was sidelined most of the year.

starfan1

Reaction score
There was a lot of regret that we stuck with Dak, because we lost. That's just the way it goes.

I don't know if the game would have turned out differently. I don't know if Romo would have even lasted a quarter. All I know is that Dak was high-strung at the start and had several off passes because of it. As a veteran, I don't think Romo would have been as hyped, but Dak played well and helped the team stay in the game and have a chance at the end. I can't say with absolute certainty that the same would have happened with Romo. I can believe it based on the evidence we had concerning Romo's level of play at that point in his career, but who knows since he was sidelined most of the year.
I dont believe the 16 team was better than the 14 team in fact i believe the opposite to be true. Now one can say perhaps it would be different the 2nd time around but Romo had a chance and failed but in the end the defensive side the ball was the problem in both cases. Romo played good enough to win as did Dak

gtb1943

Reaction score
I dont believe the 16 team was better than the 14 team in fact i believe the opposite to be true. Now one can say perhaps it would be different the 2nd time around but Romo had a chance and failed but in the end the defensive side the ball was the problem in both cases. Romo played good enough to win as did Dak
When the QB plays good enough the D does not; when the D plays good enough the QB does not
Are we cursed?

starfan1

Reaction score
When the QB plays good enough the D does not; when the D plays good enough the QB does not
Are we cursed?
perhaps. Maybe Jerry sold his soul to the devil with the Deion aquisition

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes i know. Slight exageration. Although throwing an int inside the 20 is a bit deflating. Those are typically sure points are they not?
typically but on that day it showed that everytime GB got the ball it was going to be 7. They scored early and often and in different ways. Both sides of the ball sucked

DallasInDC

Reaction score
To be fair, the Giants turned into a buzzsaw those playoffs that ran through everybody, including the historic Patriots. It's tough to give a division opponent credit, but that was an impressive playoff run.

Seahawks was such a misfortunate play away from winning, you truly wonder if this franchise is cursed.
Even if we scored the FG it wasn't guaranteed we would have won. There was still enough time on the clock (over a min) for Seattle to get into FG range, and our defense was giving up big chunks of yards all game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
typically but on that day it showed that everytime GB got the ball it was going to be 7. They scored early and often and in different ways. Both sides of the ball sucked
Yes. But still trying to wrap my head around the 14 easy points dak singlehandedly gave them. 13-7 if he just takes care if the ball and some 1st downs. I believe the defense would have been a litle more pepped without them.

Not just ints as in macho heave down the field romo style. Brainless 10 yarder to appease cd. I just dont get it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes. But still trying to wrap my head around the 14 easy points dak singlehandedly gave them. 13-7 if he just takes care if the ball and some 1st downs. I believe the defense would have been a litle more pepped without them.

Not just ints as in macho heave down the field romo style. Brainless 10 yarder to appease cd. I just dont get it.
it was an ignorant play call and ignorant scheme and a dumb throw. But if the defense gets demoralized that early in the game then they are a big part of the problem. Ceedee had a pass he should of caught go off his hand. No run game. This business about Dak being THE reason is manure no matter how much people want to make it that way.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it was an ignorant play call and ignorant scheme and a dumb throw. But if the defense gets demoralized that early in the game then they are a big part of the problem. Ceedee had a pass he should of caught go off his hand. No run game. This business about Dak being THE reason is manure no matter how much people want to make it that way.
So who is saying that? I think even pappy lays blame elsewhere.

Now i think you might be guilty of it.

starfan1

Reaction score
So who is saying that? I think even pappy lays blame elsewhere.

Now i think you might be guilty of it.
no he doesnt but i dont waste my time discussing trolls like he and mountain. I still talk with you because you arent as bad as them but lately you can be found with similar talking points there are just different levels. They are pro level trolls and while I dont consider you to be a troll you are are frequent in ther talking points