Romo angered Steelers defense

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2475032 said:
Who cares? These exchanges (and even worse exchanges) take place on the field in every game. This is laughable.
It wasn't much of an exchange in opinion. The Steelers are a bunch of immature idiots gloating after a win, making stuff up about how they won. Whatever.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
that's right up there with Westbrook's "they didn't respect us" line from the 10-6 loss last December.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2475048 said:
It wasn't much of an exchange in opinion. The Steelers are a bunch of immature idiots gloating after a win, making stuff up about how they won. Whatever.

I bet if some of these players were mic'd up, and fans heard the uncensored version, some of them would have heart attacks.

saphire1

Reaction score
i think some of you might be a little sensitive. what's wrong with using those words as motivation?! lots of teams and players do that. if it had been the other way around yesterday, steelers leading and celebrating, and throwing some fighting words to the cowboys along the game, im sure some of cowboys will use that as motivation...

and anytime a team or player is "disrespected", surely theyll use that as motivation. what do you want them to do? just hang their head and fold?!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score

The Steelers are going to get their's soon enough. Baltimore and Tennessee should beat them soundly. They are a wildcard team.

CoCo

Reaction score
To the victor, goes the spoils...

They walked it, so they get to talk it.

Hopefully we can talk next Monday.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2474939 said:
Townsend credited LeBeau for the turnover, Dallas' fifth of the game. He stepped in front of Jason Witten after the Pro Bowl tight end slipped coming out of the break during a 10-yard curl route.

Townsend wasn't anywhere close to being "in front" of Witten.

Eskimo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2474982 said:
Dallas let up, which was a big mistake, bottom line!

Dallas didn't let up - two words that should send out a chill down every Cowboys' fans spine: Cory Proctor singlehandedly turned around the game for the Steelers.

I've never believe any one player other than a QB or perhaps an elite WR/RB coiuld have such a dramatic effect on an offense - but an OG?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2474939 said:
"It was a route they were running against us all night," Townsend said. "It was just a good call by coach LeBeau."

Predictability + Inevitability ala slippage = Exposure to the Failure in the highest power/weakness of the team....

We lost the chess match, Garrett despite being an Ivy Leaguer is no Bobby Fischer...:banghead:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They won the game, they came back and beat us, they earned the right to talk.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2474941 said:
A guy a know said he was listening to sports radio from Pitt and that the big turning point for the Steelers was when Dallas stopped pitt at the goal line and then proceeded to celebrate like they had won the game.
Kind of like the Steelers and their idiot coach jumping around and pointing like he is at a rap concert after the game acting like they just won the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

The Steelers go lucky and won the game. Instead of worrying about Romo said they ought to be thanking their lucky stars Dallas handed them the game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2475177 said:
Townsend wasn't anywhere close to being "in front" of Witten.

He certainly wasn't. That ball was over Witten and right at him. Kinda like the Brown INT in the 95 SB.

Perhaps Witten didn't get to where he wasn't supposed to go. But that was a gift and they didn't do a thing but catch the ball. I do believe they were looking for that kind of pass. And I hope Jason and Romo learn a lesson if it's truly applicable.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2475287 said:
They won the game, they came back and beat us, they earned the right to talk.
No one is questioning their right to talk. The problem is they are trying to turn what Romo said into some motivational tactic. I would like to know if Romo had drove down the field and Folk kicks a game winning FG would we be hearing the Steelers talk about what Romo said. Uh no.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
bootsy;2475310 said:
No one is questioning their right to talk. The problem is they are trying to turn what Romo said into some motivational tactic. I would like to know if Romo had drove down the field and Folk kicks a game winning FG would we be hearing the Steelers talk about what Romo said. Uh no.

They could say Romo called their mothers ******, it wouldn't really matter. If they lost and were talking, then I'd have a problem but teams tend to become boastful when they win.

GY78

Reaction score
parcells316;2474984 said:
The Steelers are so pathetic. When the big, bad, tough Steelers couldn't ram the ball in from the 1 yard line in their home stadium, the Cowboys were supposed to just walk off the field like it wasn't a big deal?

Laughable, like their performance for 52 minutes yesterday.

Or is it laughable, like the Cowboys debacle at the end of that game? Yup, Steelers are so pathetic the won the game. :rolleyes:
Who cares what they are saying. Frankly, they can say whatever they want. If they wanna talk about Romo pissing them off, then fine.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
parcells316;2474984 said:
The Steelers are so pathetic. When the big, bad, tough Steelers couldn't ram the ball in from the 1 yard line in their home stadium, the Cowboys were supposed to just walk off the field like it wasn't a big deal?

Laughable, like their performance for 52 minutes yesterday.
Laughable like your teams inability to finish a game too.

Steelers are Immature idiots? Pacman Jones, T.O two really big immature idiots ;).

Don Corleone

Reaction score
bootsy;2475290 said:
Kind of like the Steelers and their idiot coach jumping around and pointing like he is at a rap concert after the game acting like they just won the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

The Steelers go lucky and won the game. Instead of worrying about Romo said they ought to be thanking their lucky stars Dallas handed them the game.

LOL, to me, Mike Tomlin is nothing but a high priced cheerleader. He looks like an idiot sometimes, and this is coming from a fan of a team that has Wade Phillips as a Head Coach.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2476169 said:
LOL, to me, Mike Tomlin is nothing but a high priced cheerleader. He looks like an idiot sometimes, and this is coming from a fan of a team that has Wade Phillips as a Head Coach.

:laugh2:

Reaction score
bootsy;2475310 said:
There is nothing wrong with the celebration, they stopped the offense on the goal line and figured that was the stake through the Steelers heart. Premature [strike]ejaculation[/strike] celebration....

As for Romo's comment, it didn't give the Steelers any extra motivation, it was typical smack talk attitude that flings back and forth in any game.

The problem I'd have if I was a Cowboy fan is Romo just showed you he thought the game was won!
Apparently he isn't the only one on the team that thought their job was done at that point either so the team that still had their heads in the fight turned it around and snatched victory from the mouth of defeat.

The Steelers didn't pick up the pace at that point they simply kept fighting for 60 minutes. Romo stuck his chin out and the Steelers jacked him up!