Romo angered Steelers defense

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2476268 said:
There is nothing wrong with the celebration, they stopped the offense on the goal line and figured that was the stake through the Steelers heart. Premature [strike]ejaculation[/strike] celebration....

As for Romo's comment, it didn't give the Steelers any extra motivation, it was typical smack talk attitude that flings back and forth in any game.

The problem I'd have if I was a Cowboy fan is Romo just showed you he thought the game was won!
Apparently he isn't the only one on the team that thought their job was done at that point either so the team that still had their heads in the fight turned it around and snatched victory from the mouth of defeat.

The Steelers didn't pick up the pace at that point they simply kept fighting for 60 minutes. Romo stuck his chin out and the Steelers jacked him up!

LOL, come on dude. You don't think the Steelers defense would act the same way if the shoe was on the other foot? Your cheerleader, I mean head coach, would be running onto the field to jump all over his defensive players.

No wonder why the Steelers don't have a cheerleading squad. Their head coach is an all in one package.

:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They were angered by him questioning them about a timeout?

If the Steelers make it to the Superbowl, I highly suggest they follow Jimmy Johnson's lead.

Jimmy Johnson said:
You can put it in 3 inch headlines. We will win the ball game.

That should make their heads explode and you should be able to exploit how big of an idiot they actually are.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2476140 said:
Laughable like your teams inability to finish a game too.

Steelers are Immature idiots? Pacman Jones, T.O two really big immature idiots ;).

In the Playoffs defense wins championships. Even with that, you MUST to be able to score. The Steelers offense will meet run stopping defenses in the playoffs and guess who isn't going to score.

Yep, the Stealers.

There is nothing in Tampa waiting for the Stealers except a big L. Maybe not even that. I'm betting the Titans, Colts (with Sanders), or Ravens will goose egg the Stealers in the playoffs.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
For a team that is always going on about how humble they are, they sure think a lot of themselves.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2476440 said:
For a team that is always going on about how humble they are, they sure think a lot of themselves.

They needs some....

humblepie-logo.gif

Don Corleone

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2476440 said:

Forget them. On a fast track, we would have hung at least 30 points on that defense, and Choice would have run wild.

I'm not at all impressed by the Steelers, but I would love a rematch with them in Tampa.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I say let them talk, let them think whatever they want, and we can just cheer our team on the rest of the way and hopefully we get another shot at them.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Steelers don't want to see Dallas again anytime soon, especially in good weather. And they know it.

alancdc

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2474946 said:
Townsend's an idiot. It wasn't a great call by Lebeau. It was a lousy throw by Romo.

They think more highly of themselves than they ought.

Exactly. Who cares. It was a bad throw and had nothing to do with the defensive call. He didn't jump in front of Whitten the ball was 10 yards over his head.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
nyc;2476435 said:
In the Playoffs defense wins championships. Even with that, you MUST to be able to score. The Steelers offense will meet run stopping defenses in the playoffs and guess who isn't going to score.

Yep, the Stealers.

There is nothing in Tampa waiting for the Stealers except a big L. Maybe not even that. I'm betting the Titans, Colts (with Sanders), or Ravens will goose egg the Stealers in the playoffs.

Ok I don't have the Steelers going to the superbowl. Theres nothing waiting for Dallas in the playoffs because they aren't going.

alancdc

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2476857 said:
Ok I don't have the Steelers going to the superbowl. Theres nothing waiting for Dallas in the playoffs because they aren't going.

Why don't you go smoke some herb with your WR's. It will make life in that dump city better.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2476400 said:
LOL, come on dude. You don't think the Steelers defense would act the same way if the shoe was on the other foot? Your cheerleader, I mean head coach, would be running onto the field to jump all over his defensive players.

No wonder why the Steelers don't have a cheerleading squad. Their head coach is an all in one package.

:laugh2:
I think you didn't even read my post because your reply makes no sense in the context of what I said!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2476947 said:
I think you didn't even read my post because your reply makes no sense in the context of what I said!

You stated that Dallas had a premature celebration after the goal line stand. My point was that any team, including the Steelers, would have acted the same way in that same situation.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2476857 said:

Is that a bet you're making? I'd gladly take the bet with you changing your board name to Romo's ***** when you lose.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The Steelers won this game because of the shoddy refs and the powers at be calling it in. They did nothing for almost three and a half quarters and then suddenly the 'Boys forgot how to play offense and defense, and Romo was throwing inaccurate passes all over the place.

I guess they forgot to get angry the first 3.5 quarters.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2477026 said:
You stated that Dallas had a premature celebration after the goal line stand. My point was that any team, including the Steelers, would have acted the same way in that same situation.
Ahh! OK, yea certainly they did and yes certainly the Steelers would have as well. I thought you were mistaking me for one of the ones who thinks there was something wrong with their celebrating...
They had every reason to be happy for a goal line stand but I think, with the benefit of hindsight, and factoring in the mindset behind Romo's ridiculing the Steelers for taking time out as if they had no chance to come back, I think they may have celebrated more than just a single good defensive stop and what I percieved to be overconfidence contributed to their inability to stop the sputtering Steelers offense from putting up two scores.
Sorry about that misinterpretation.

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2477052 said:
The Steelers won this game because of the shoddy refs and the powers at be calling it in. They did nothing for almost three and a half quarters and then suddenly the 'Boys forgot how to play offense and defense, and Romo was throwing inaccurate passes all over the place.

I guess they forgot to get angry the first 3.5 quarters.
Assuming your premise is correct...how the heck do coaches and shoddy ref's make the players 'forget how to play'?!?

Seems like a major disconnect there....

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Silverback ate your QB;2477082 said:
Assuming your premise is correct...how the heck do coaches and shoddy ref's make the players 'forget how to play'?!?

Seems like a major disconnect there....

You coming on this board to thump your chest after your team won a game it should've lost is a major disconnect.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
alancdc;2476881 said:
Why don't you go smoke some herb with your WR's. It will make life in that dump city better.
Why don't you go beat up strippers with Pacman. I don't live in Pittsburgh, Nice try but you fail.