Twitter: Romo approaching $20 million per year?

DHCBF66

Reaction score

Holy great googly moogly!

At this rate, he's going to make more than Dak, not just Zeke.

Look, I love me some Romo, and he does make the games more fun to watch, but this is insane.

I don't tune in for broadcasters. Almost nobody does. If I hear Beth Mowins voice, I'm out, but otherwise, I'm generally OK with whomever is doing the game.

$20 million to talk football....I will do it for $1 million! How do I get in touch with ESPN?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Are you saying they should? Should top athletes, top businessmen, top artist all make the exact same thing? In today's society it is the Execs who are getting creamed as greedy . NFL and sports players just get it from the fans who actually PAY their salary!

No, I'm saying players catch more hell for being greedy than execs who make tons more for eons more time.

aikemirv

Reaction score
No, I'm saying players catch more hell for being greedy than execs who make tons more for eons more time.
By fans on message boards - who cares. Not by the national media day after day!

If fans were that upset they would stop "buying" the product! ....and that's well withing their right just like any other product or service they don't agree with!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
By fans on message boards - who cares. Not by the national media day after day!

If fans were that upset they would stop "buying" the product! ....and that's well withing their right just like any other product or service they don't agree with!

Don't think you read enough of each but okay.

Fans don't though. They hypocritically whine and still buy the product.

aria

Reaction score
What does Romo have to do with the Cowboys any more? Nothing. Move this trash to the irrelevant forum where it should be. What’s Parcells up to now a days? What about Quincy Carter?

nobody

Reaction score
What does Romo have to do with the Cowboys any more? Nothing. Move this trash to the irrelevant forum where it should be. What’s Parcells up to now a days? What about Quincy Carter?

It's the off-season and a welcome change from the 50 Dak threads a day...so..

francis.jpg

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Yea it could’ve been another pay/don’t pay Dak thread or another bash Zeke thread! Dang it!

aria

Reaction score
It's the off-season and a welcome change from the 50 Dak threads a day...so..

francis.jpg
When was the last time Romo put on a Cowboys uniform? What exactly did he do for this team that makes him so worth while talking about every other week?

I don’t understand the obsession and living in the past. If we’re going to live in the past why not start threads about people that actually did something for this team? What’s Jimmy Johnson making at Fox, let’s start a thread about that.

aria

Reaction score
Yea it could’ve been another pay/don’t pay Dak thread or another bash Zeke thread! Dang it!
Or we can just keep talking about past players that have zero relevance to this team. I agree, the Dak threads are tiresome but at least they’re relevant. Romo sitting in a booth and his salary has nothing to do with the Cowboys.

nobody

Reaction score
When was the last time Romo put on a Cowboys uniform? What exactly did he do for this team that makes him so worth while talking about every other week?

I don’t understand the obsession and living in the past. If we’re going to live in the past why not start threads about people that actually did something for this team? What’s Jimmy Johnson making at Fox, let’s start a thread about that.

Did the entire point of my post go over your head? It's the off-season and people are tired of 40 Dak threads a day. Chill out and let people talk about what they want to. Nobody forced you to open the thread and read.

aria

Reaction score
Did the entire point of my post go over your head? It's the off-season and people are tired of 40 Dak threads a day. Chill out and let people talk about what they want to. Nobody forced you to open the thread and read.
I’m just curious why you’re fascinated with what Romo makes and not other more relevant players and coaches? I’m also curious why this thread isn’t in the “irrelevant” forum. Please start a thread on Jimmy Johnson and how much money he makes, at least he won some championships.

BTW, other than diverging attention from Dak, what is the point of your thread and how is does it relate to the team now?

nobody

Reaction score
I’m just curious why you’re fascinated with what Romo makes and not other more relevant players and coaches? I’m also curious why this thread isn’t in the “irrelevant” forum. Please start a thread on Jimmy Johnson and how much money he makes, at least he won some championships.

BTW, other than diverging attention from Dak, what is the point of your thread and how is does it relate to the team now?

It's not my thread, and I'm not the one getting panties in a twist about it. What part of off-season is difficult for you? Why did you feel the need to open the thread and whine rather than just move on? Good grief, dude. Chill.

aria

Reaction score
It's not my thread, and I'm not the one getting panties in a twist about it. What part of off-season is difficult for you? Why did you feel the need to open the thread and whine rather than just move on? Good grief, dude. Chill.
Perfectly chill. Again, I’m just curious why Romo threads come up more than any other past player or coach?

What part of the off season is difficult for me? Seeing threads about irrelevant past players that have NOTHING to do with this team anymore.

So I’m assuming if I look through your post history I won’t find any thread that you complain about? You only open threads that you have positive contributions to make? Lol, ok.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

There are threads about Jimmy Johnson on this site, in this forum, posted recently. There are threads about former players and coaches when they do something that gets tweeted about or written about. Scott Linehan got a thread for being named passing game coordinator at LSU.

Does it only bother you when the thread is about Romo?

DFWJC

Reaction score
People in here said romo would take less to stay w cbs

Hahahaahhahaha
He still might.
But if so, it wouldn't be by a ton.

Ex
CBS offers 11mil
ESPN gets into a bidding war, with their top bid finally at 16mil
Romo accepts 15.5 to stay at CBS and possibly also get some golf someday.
:muttley:

Took less than ESPN top bid but got way more than original offer

aria

Reaction score
There are threads about Jimmy Johnson on this site, in this forum, posted recently. There are threads about former players and coaches when they do something that gets tweeted about or written about. Scott Linehan got a thread for being named passing game coordinator at LSU.

Does it only bother you when the thread is about Romo?
Let me ask you this, were there any other negative comments in those threads? Did you call them out for not being positive?

To answer your question, yes, Romo threads annoy me. He is irrelevant to this team and has done nothing of significance while playing here. At least Jimmy Johnson won three rings and Linehan is still coaching, Romo is sitting in a booth and people want to talk about how much he is making? What’s the fascination? I’m genuinely curious.