Twitter: Romo approaching $20 million per year?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Don't think you read enough of each but okay.

Fans don't though. They hypocritically whine and still buy the product.
Absolutely true-you can’t whine about it and then go out and spend thousands on season tickets and gear.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
No, I'm saying players catch more hell for being greedy than execs who make tons more for eons more time.
There's a good reason for that and you're well aware of it. The exorbitant salary of an exec from company X has no negative effect on the welfare of the Dallas Cowboys, whereas an exorbitant salary of 1 or 2 players on an NFL team has a direct effect on the welfare of the team because of the salary cap.
Back when the Cowboys were in Cap hell, people were upset because Jerry was overpaying too many people. Now that we're out of cap hell people are yelling Pay him! Pay him! What, and return to cap hell??

Get rid of that salary cap and you can pay him all you want. Who cares? But as long as that salary cap is in effect, what good does a super high dollar QB do if the rest of the team is hired from Home Depot?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That’s a stupid gamble by the stations.
Just wait till he falls off his chair in the booth and needs back surgery. Some young announcer in the wings will lead them to good ratings, and he will be OUT!

Qcard

Reaction score

Holy great googly moogly!

At this rate, he's going to make more than Dak, not just Zeke.

Look, I love me some Romo, and he does make the games more fun to watch, but this is insane.

I don't tune in for broadcasters. Almost nobody does. If I hear Beth Mowins voice, I'm out, but otherwise, I'm generally OK with whomever is doing the game.

I Love Romo! His play on the field will never warrant a HOF vote but this avenue may be the ticket.
If Romo stacks another 20-30 years of exceptional broadcasting based on his potential. We'll prove once again why we are America's Team.

This is great!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo is winning the yearly income superbowls ! That pays better than just winning a SB, and it is much easier.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Let me ask you this, were there any other negative comments in those threads? Did you call them out for not being positive?

To answer your question, yes, Romo threads annoy me. He is irrelevant to this team and has done nothing of significance while playing here. At least Jimmy Johnson won three rings and Linehan is still coaching, Romo is sitting in a booth and people want to talk about how much he is making? What’s the fascination? I’m genuinely curious.

Comments about the thread being posted? Not that I remember seeing.

Negative comments about Linehan as a coach? Yes.

For me, I like reading any media information about our players and coaches, both former and present, because they were, and always will be in my mind, part of my Cowboys. Whether it's old-timers or ones who just recently retired/left, I'm interested in keeping up with the players that I followed and cheered for. (Even if it's a player like Beasley talking smack about the team that not only gave him an opportunity as a UDFA but didn't give up on him when he temporarily chose to walk out.)

That's part of the reason I'm part of this forum, because I don't have time to go search for every shred of information that involves my team.

Let me ask you this: Would you prefer when Staubach says or does anything that there not be a thread about it? How about with Aikman? I think you need to realize that most are just treating Romo the same way. A tweet was made about what one of our former QBs is set to receive as a broadcaster. That's news and of interest to many of us.

Most (I'm not sure if any did, but I didn't go back and look) did not in any way make this about Romo vs. Dak, which is where I think a lot of the animosity comes from. If you just can't enjoy threads about Romo, my friendly advice to you would be to just ignore those threads rather than feel the need to say the thread is unnecessary.

Obviously, the choice is yours, but some of us do enjoy threads like this, just like we would about any other former Cowboys coach or player.

aria

Reaction score
Comments about the thread being posted? Not that I remember seeing.

Negative comments about Linehan as a coach? Yes.

For me, I like reading any media information about our players and coaches, both former and present, because they were, and always will be in my mind, part of my Cowboys. Whether it's old-timers or ones who just recently retired/left, I'm interested in keeping up with the players that I followed and cheered for. (Even if it's a player like Beasley talking smack about the team that not only gave him an opportunity as a UDFA but didn't give up on him when he temporarily chose to walk out.)

That's part of the reason I'm part of this forum, because I don't have time to go search for every shred of information that involves my team.

Let me ask you this: Would you prefer when Staubach says or does anything that there not be a thread about it? How about with Aikman? I think you need to realize that most are just treating Romo the same way. A tweet was made about what one of our former QBs is set to receive as a broadcaster. That's news and of interest to many of us.

Most (I'm not sure if any did, but I didn't go back and look) did not in any way make this about Romo vs. Dak, which is where I think a lot of the animosity comes from. If you just can't enjoy threads about Romo, my friendly advice to you would be to just ignore those threads rather than feel the need to say the thread is unnecessary.

Obviously, the choice is yours, but some of us do enjoy threads like this, just like we would about any other former Cowboys coach or player.
Beasley still plays so there is more relevancy there then a guy sitting in booth. Animosity? Lol, you got the wrong guy. If I have any animosity, which I do have lots of in many different fashions, it’s towards the Ewok. I’ll be more than happy to point out how much more Dak has done than Romo but I won’t star a thread about it because AGAIN Romo isn’t relevant to this team. MOD’s can you please start a separate forum for irrelevant retirees?

No, I don’t care about what Aikman or Staubach are doing and if I do I can easily look it up. I especially don’t care about how much money either one makes unless it effects the salary cap for the Cowboys. BTW, Staubach went to the same high school I did and Jimmy Johnson was the HC at OU form ‘79-83. His NFL record also wasn’t all that, he was 80-64 but I still like the guy on and off the field.

IMOF, I’ll start a thread about Jimmy in the next few days to save you some time. Actually, I’ll start several threads about him within the next few days to save people like you a lot of time, you can thank me privately. Speaking of which, since you don’t “have time”, let me help you out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Staubach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Aikman

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dude is just making bank. Good for him. I wish he would do all our games. I like listening to him...

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Beasley still plays so there is more relevancy there then a guy sitting in booth. Animosity? Lol, you got the wrong guy. If I have any animosity, which I do have lots of in many different fashions, it’s towards the Ewok. I’ll be more than happy to point out how much more Dak has done than Romo but I won’t star a thread about it because AGAIN Romo isn’t relevant to this team. MOD’s can you please start a separate forum for irrelevant retirees?

No, I don’t care about what Aikman or Staubach are doing and if I do I can easily look it up. I especially don’t care about how much money either one makes unless it effects the salary cap for the Cowboys. BTW, Staubach went to the same high school I did and Jimmy Johnson was the HC at OU form ‘79-83. His NFL record also wasn’t all that, he was 80-64 but I still like the guy on and off the field.

IMOF, I’ll start a thread about Jimmy in the next few days to save you some time. Actually, I’ll start several threads about him within the next few days to save people like you a lot of time, you can thank me privately. Speaking of which, since you don’t “have time”, let me help you out.

I absolutely love guys who complain about threads and what they are about as if somebody is sitting with them at their computer pointing a gun at their head and forcing them to read the thread and all the posts. You have the choice to read or not read the threads, if the subject of a thread bothers you that much don't read it, it's not very complicated. As for starting your own threads by all means do it, start as many as you like, the same way many others around here do. I for one will choose whether to read it or not but i won't whine and complain about it. I wonder if that guy you went to high school with (some guy named Staubach) would wind and complain like you do!

Ring Leader

Reaction score
I’m just curious why you’re fascinated with what Romo makes and not other more relevant players and coaches? I’m also curious why this thread isn’t in the “irrelevant” forum. Please start a thread on Jimmy Johnson and how much money he makes, at least he won some championships.

BTW, other than diverging attention from Dak, what is the point of your thread and how is does it relate to the team now?

Maybe the OP just likes to watch the anti-Romo contingent get their panties in a wad. It's enlightening how Romo success stories are like fingernails on a chalk board to the haters. Next time, don't be so quick to take the bait.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you imagine how much Dak is going to make when HE goes into broadcasting!!

NotForLong

Reaction score

Hater in the house

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

All right. I see that how you feel makes you beyond comprehending what some of us believe this forum is for ... sharing information about all Cowboys past and present.

There are threads I don't like, that I think are absolutely ignorant (and some posts as well), but I don't see the need to attack them or complain about them. I guess that's your thing, though, so have fun with that.

aria

Reaction score
I absolutely love guys who complain about threads and what they are about as if somebody is sitting with them at their computer pointing a gun at their head and forcing them to read the thread and all the posts. You have the choice to read or not read the threads, if the subject of a thread bothers you that much don't read it, it's not very complicated. As for starting your own threads by all means do it, start as many as you like, the same way many others around here do. I for one will choose whether to read it or not but i won't whine and complain about it. I wonder if that guy you went to high school with (some guy named Staubach) would wind and complain like you do!
So let me get this straight, if I look through your post history you have never complained in a thread or criticized a topic that you didn’t start?

Lol, do you respond the same way to the hundreds of people that criticize Dak, Witten, Garrett, etc in the few positive threads that are started about them in the same way you did to me?

Apparently you’re not familiar with public forums, especially sports forums where people have differing opinions and typically voice them publicly.

Sounds like I butt hurt another Romo fan boy. Apologies.

aria

Reaction score
Maybe the OP just likes to watch the anti-Romo contingent get their panties in a wad. It's enlightening how Romo success stories are like fingernails on a chalk board to the haters. Next time, don't be so quick to take the bait.
Nah, I’ll take the bait every time and laugh at the people who are still living in the past and obsessing with a guy who has nothing to do with this team anymore nor does his salary.