Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Even Quincy Carter could do better please, i'd take my chacnes with ROmo

Minus 10 points for bringing the Q in to this thread... :bang2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
randy932 said:
Well, I just posted what I heard and in my opinion, it might make sense. We KNOW that Ramsey can win games in this league, he has done it. We DON'T know if Romo can win games in this league. He has never done it. (All due respect to coach Fairbanks). We KNOW that Parcells likes to have proven commodities rather than young unknowns on the team. It just might have some legs, this story, I mean.
I don't think anyone is bagging on you for posting what you heard and others are validating that they heard similar.

Don't take doubt of the act happening as doubt of your credibility.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The Realist said:
Who ever started this BS is a complete moron.

Ramsey was traded for a 6th.

We supposedly turned down a 3 for Romo from the Jets (I don't buy that).

Now wer'e going to trade Romo for Ramsey?

Do the math.

I think he went for a 6th because the Jets had leverage knowing the Skins had no interest in Ramsey. I liked Ramsey early in his career, which is funny because he is still young.

Last year on Extremeskins people went nuts on Joe Gibbs when he announced that Mark was gonna be the starter at QB over Ramsey. Now they have all but forgotten his name.

Interesting to see how he does with the Jets, fresh start may do him good.

All in all if Romo has a good session on Sat., then lets keep him. But I guess we should keep track of how Ramsey does also. Draft value tho, wasn't Ramsey a 1st rounder ? Romo an UDFA...Funny how things work out.

I like Tony (although I favor Henson in the long haul). I liked Jason Garrett to. Maybe Tony is more than that (Jason). I think he'll get more of a chance here with Bledsoe than Jason ever got with Troy. Troy was still young when Jason was here, Bledsoe is on his last legs...IMHO...

:starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Besides, I have a question... Has anyone really heard that Parcells likes Ramsey? I'm not saying he doesn't, but I've never read that. I may have seen it as an internet rumor, but I don't remember Parcells ever actually saying it.

Parcells is always talking about our young QBs not being "ruined" or "lost" by taking a beating too early in their careers... Seems like Ramsey is the perfect example of that.
The only reason to bring in a vet would be because both our backups are inexperienced and to answer your question, no I don't recall him saying anything about Ramsey. Maybe after the game where we pounded him into the turf he gave him credit for toughness. Beyond that, all this is speculation.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Ramsey has reportedly looked horrible in Jets training camp. Another example of how having a rifle arm really doesn't translate into moving the chains.

randy932

Reaction score
That's 8 games more than Romo has won. Of course, it is also 11 games more than Romo has lost. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this report that I heard this morning? I personally don't think that going either way would be that bad. I see how there may be a bigger upside to go after Ramsey, IF his confidence has not been destroyed. I just was surprised to hear this report this morning. I appreciate everyone's input to this discussion.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
92.5 kzps? The rock station....The zztop allman bros skynrd obsessed station?

Take it with a grain of salt. I havent heard this.

I have a question though why would we trade romo for ramsey when we probably could have worked something out for a 7th round pick, although intra division trading is almost never heard of.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Last year on Extremeskins people went nuts on Joe Gibbs when he announced that Mark was gonna be the starter at QB over Ramsey. Now they have all but forgotten his name.
Yeah... but remember... Skins fans defend the flavor of the day...

Remember the famous incident where Art made fun of Brandon Noble on our team only to tag him "Blocker Magnet" when the skins picked him up the next year?

The moral is to never trust a skins fan on talent eval. They were high on Ramsey until he was traded, then he became "not that good"... the same with Smoot and Champ...

They would defend Hitler if Snyder signed him...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Ramsey has reportedly looked horrible in Jets training camp. Another example of how having a rifle arm really doesn't translate into moving the chains.

I agree. I think what is taking place between a QB's ears is the most important thing a QB can have. Granted my ideal QB would be a guy with good height, strong arm, accuracy and the ability to move around but what takes place between their ears is the most important trait I can think of.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

He has the pocket presence of Chad Hutchinson.

Sorry, we have been there and done that.

Besides, if we are blowing horns in practice to get our QBs to get rid of the ball quicker and Romo is the best, why would we trade him for a player who struggles to do that?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Minus 10 points for bringing the Q in to this thread... :bang2:

well see wht happened was QC came to my house and he said that he was signing with the cowboys Sunday if Romo doesnt do good in Seattle, becase they need a guy who has won, and has some understanding of the offense.

:D:D:D:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
well see wht happened was QC came to my house and he said that he was signing with the cowboys Sunday if Romo doesnt do good in Seattle, becase they need a guy who has won, and has some understanding of the offense.

:D:D:D:D

Did he say that when he was passing the joint to you? :lmao2:

skicat1898

Reaction score
Only reason Romo is being played is so the Cowboys can see if he is worth keeping and preseason is the only time you can do that when your team is a supposed contender.

When the regular season starts it will be Bledsoe til he bombs out or gets injured.

With Romo getting extended time in the preseason Henson is likely to also.... It is time for Romo to step up and earn a new contract or go bye bye by the end of the season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
skicat1898 said:
Only reason Romo is being played is so the Cowboys can see if he is worth keeping and preseason is the only time you can do that when your team is a supposed contender.

When the regular season starts it will be Bledsoe til he bombs out or gets injured.

With Romo getting extended time in the preseason Henson is likely to also.... It is time for Romo to step up and earn a new contract or go bye bye by the end of the season.
Maybe even after he bombs out, if he does.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
skicat1898 said:

I agree. Romo is getting a chance to show what he can do. If he shows he can do the job chances are he will get a contract extention if not then he could very well be moved out.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree. Romo is getting a chance to show what he can do. If he shows he can do the job chances are he will get a contract extention if not then he could very well be moved out.

It's just that simple.

The problem is that it doesn't satisfy the black helicopter crowd...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
trickblue said:
It's just that simple.

The problem is that it doesn't satisfy the black helicopter crowd...

Well you can't please everyone, so I stopped trying. :laugh1:

Angus

Reaction score
Randy, where were you when you heard this? What city? . . . .

Forget it. I reread your post. It was a Dallas station.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
doesn't make any sense, they had an opportunity to trade Romo already, and an opportunity to trade for Ramsey, sorry, I don't believe an ounce of this rumor cuz if the Cowboys wanted to get something for Romo, they already had the chance, as well as the chance to get Ramsey, and Ramsey isn't exactly lighting up Jet's TC, so I don't see the increased interest