Romo being showcased?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The preseason might decide whether or not they want to offer Romo a 3 year extension at the moment, but being released outright? I'm not seeing it. Not after he's reportedly had a good camp and the only other QB on the roster has reportedly been awfull.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Ramsey has reportedly looked horrible in Jets training camp. Another example of how having a rifle arm really doesn't translate into moving the chains.

exactly, so what would be the increased interest now when we already had a chance to trade for him, if we really liked him?

MONT17

Reaction score
witten says Romo is the da man... I'll go with that!!! Hopefully what he does in practice can translate to games... the Cowboys luck on injury free QBs has to run out sooner than later!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
The preseason might decide whether or not they want to offer Romo a 3 year extension at the moment, but being released outright? I'm not seeing it. Not after he's reportedly had a good camp and the only other QB on the roster has reportedly been awfull.

I would agree they would not release Romo outright if he does not do well in pre-season but they very well could after the season when his contract is up, I hope it does not come down to that. As for Henson I have not heard that he has been awful I have seen he has had ups and downs thus far.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
As many have already stated.....If we are indeed showcasing Romo it's for our own benefit. We need to evaluate his ability as a reliable backup to Bledsoe therefore giving credence whether or not we need to sign him to a new contract. ;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I would agree they would not release Romo outright if he does not do well in pre-season but they very well could after the season when his contract is up, I hope it does not come down to that. As for Henson I have not heard that he has been awful I have seen he has had ups and downs thus far.

I agree. I have not seen that Henson has been awful either. Bledsoe has been Bledsoe. Nothing more.

There is definatly a left wing deal going on here. These reports of demise on Henson's behalf are greatly exaturated.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Well, since Henson had the best numbers in the scrimmage, it's clear he has passed Romo and possibly even Bledsoe, although Bledsoe would get the nod since he has "skins on the wall" with Big Bill.

As for the proposed trade, I am not sure if it is a third AND Ramsey or just one of the two. Romo clearly has the value of those two together, but maybe we should tell them we want a first, see if they will throw us the second as a counter.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
that would be commedy, even more so if we do trade for Pat and we picked up lavar during the off season and they all turned into all pro's then we could point and laugh and blame the eagles, and Commanders for miss use :p: