Romo Commentary

blueblood70

Reaction score
Getting a little nervous on the PAT now. 1 in each of the last 2 games. I still like Troy, he tells it like it is. Truth hurts sometimes but needs to be said.
Correct Brett Maher didn't get this excuse he was a 90% kicker the only ones he missed were outside of 55 yards last year, but his struggles were with the point after attempts and now we're starting to see it that's three now for Aubrey and I didn't really don't understand how you can make 21 straight field goals but missed three-point after attempts which are just short field goals.... I mean Brett Meyer in my opinion was every bit as good as Aubrey was at field goals last year like I said the only ones he missed were like what three of them outside of 55 yards but started struggling with the point after attempts and now he's no longer here...

Very confusing on why these field goal kickers a lot of them struggle with the point after....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Then that was wrongly reported.
So freakin sue me.
Well I have the guy you're talking to blocked but why don't you ask him if he thinks he knows better than what you heard then show us the actual list of who's leading the league in total turnovers I don't know where you get that information from because it's an analytical thing there's not like a stat sheet for that that you can just find easily...

Looks like maybe 4th ?? its convoluted mixed up a bit but this is close,

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team...cellaneous/sort/turnOverDifferential/dir/desc

Gorgon

Reaction score
Well I have the guy you're talking to blocked but why don't you ask him if he thinks he knows better than what you heard then show us the actual list of who's leading the league in total turnovers I don't know where you get that information from because it's an analytical thing there's not like a stat sheet for that that you can just find easily...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team...cellaneous/sort/turnOverDifferential/dir/desc
Fourth would be awesome then, esp. after leading the league twice.

Doomer much? I could see why someone blocked you.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That's turnover differential (we're 4th). For total number of turnovers we are 8th (according to the link you provided). Still top 10 so not bad in my book.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fourth would be awesome then, esp. after leading the league twice.

Doomer much? I could see why someone blocked you.
No I blocked them I don't know what your point is but maybe I might block you really just completely lost me trying to help you by posting a link I'm telling you the guy you're talking to I have blocked I put them on ignore because I don't deal with ignore it debates people who just don't really know how to have a conversation and debate most of them are the haters in here some of them are Philadelphia Eagles fans I mean yeah I'm blocking people like that we got people in here that say they're Cowboys fans are really fans of other teams trolling they say nothing but negative things about my team I don't come in here for that I don't mind having a debate if it's slanting towards a negative if it's true but straight up trolling put I put a lot of people on the ignore list...

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's turnover differential (we're 4th). For total number of turnovers we are 8th (according to the link you provided). Still top 10 so not bad in my book.
The problem with NFL.com is the stats are not put in order of who's first and who's last they're put in almost alphabetical order and it's all convoluted if you look at a lot of the team stuff or whatever it starts with the 49ers on every page it's in alphabetical order or some sort it's kind of weird if you're going to keep stats show us who really is first and who really is last so we can kinda have a better idea...

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
First, Romo is much more Cowboy-friendly than Aikman. No surprise. But I thought his commentary was dead on.
*The O-line IS looking much better. Yesterday I saw actual, real big pockets. I haven't seen that in Dallas since the Travis Frederick lines. Biadiaz still is subject to
a bull rush now and then, and Steele still isn't completely healed so is less mobile to outside rushes, but overall, they are doing an incredible job of picking up stunts, holding their ground, and getting enough on run blocking to finally open holes.
*McCarhy has definitely changed the play calling from dink and dunk to old Oakland Raiders/Cowboys of the 1990s style of downfield passes. People will whine that Dak missed a couple of, yea, maybe easy, deep TD throws. But that was pretty common with every deep ball team.The thing is, WHEN you hit those, it's almost certainly a scoring sitution of some type.
*Pollard is looking like the back he was when #2 behind Zeke.
*Our kicker is simply the best in the league. Now, about those PATs. . .
*Quinn's D has led the league in takeaways now for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. With Odigiezuwa and Hankins, we finally have the middle mostly solved. Yesterday although Romo did NOT mention it, I thought Vander Esch's presence was missed. But that was not a fatal problem as it was in the past.
*It looks to me (don't know the stats) that our red zone has gotten much better
*Also, Romo didn't mention and I don't know the stats but it sure SEEMS as though the pre-snap penalties are way down.

Second, Romo correctly said this team has all the ingredients to win a Super Bowl. Obviously the big (playoff) games are coming. But I haven't felt this good about our O since Zeke's first year.

Third, Romo praised Dak, who merely is the best QB in the league over the last six games INCLUDING the E-girls.

Last---and this is my comment---teams with bad records often have bad records cuz they play teams like us. Two of the Giants losses came to us. Romo pointed out that the Foreskins had two Pro-Bowl tackles, but we handled them with ease.

I see a totally different team than the one that lost to AZ and SF. The Eagles game, according to all, was very easily a Cowboys win.

Love having Romo announce. He was back to his play calling analysis.
He kinda cringed about the Dolly Parton appearance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s only one way to silence the critics. Win the big games against better teams and ultimately in January.

If we’re happy dominating average to bottom feeders taking us to the playoffs coming up short against the more Elite teams ,that’s fine but we must stop all of the SB hype. It’s simply not warranted without further success.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Simply look at the "takeaways" column. Duh.

GMO415

Reaction score
There’s only one way to silence the critics. Win the big games against better teams and ultimately in January.

If we’re happy dominating average to bottom feeders taking us to the playoffs coming up short against the more Elite teams , then that’s fine but we must stop all of the SB hype. It’s simply not warranted without further success.
Agreed. After 27 years and the amount of talent on this team, nothing short of a SB is a failure.