Romo Commentary

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The narrative would be completely different if we had blown out SF or Phi. Even if we had beat one of them .

And we have several opportunities coming up on schedule to win several games against 1st place teams and playoff teams which will help silence the critics .

But it’s like the monkey on our backs in Divisional round. You have to win to silence . There’s no other way.

Toro9

Reaction score
Romo (and this is without bias) is one of the most knowledgeable commentary announcers in the world in NFL history. He often knows, or has educated guesses on what's going to happen or what should happen on a high percentage of offensive plays. It would not surprise me if he's not an OC somewhere someday.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo (and this is without bias) is one of the most knowledgeable commentary announcers in the world in NFL history. He often knows, or has educated guesses on what's going to happen or what should happen on a high percentage of offensive plays.
Yes, he can still read plays but not sure I’d argue he’s one of the better color commentators. Which is job to comment on the play, not predict it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have 5 winning record teams left assuming Seattle and Buffalo will remain above .500.

If we can win at least half of our games against winning record and or playoff caliber teams then we can as fans have more confidence we can be a strong contender.

Otherwise we could be a 10 or 11 win WC playoff team without a win during regular season against a playoff team. Maybe even win a playoff game . Still a good season but not worth all the hype.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Just say you hate Romo and move on. We win a game and all the kids are crying waiting for someone to say something bad about it. You guys are worse than the haters.

"yeah, I'm waiting for the haters to come in and complain about something" naw wait on the crybabies to ruin every thread crying about waiting on somebody to complain about something. you can't make this crap up.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd still rather have the iggles record than demolishing inferior opponents.
Yeah, it was a good win, and I like it, however, like most analysts have been saying, the teams that the Cowboys have beat up on are not very good and have losing records. I can't wait to see what this team does against some better teams. (ok, now for the insults).

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s only one way to silence the critics. Win the big games against better teams and ultimately in January.

If we’re happy dominating average to bottom feeders taking us to the playoffs coming up short against the more Elite teams ,that’s fine but we must stop all of the SB hype. It’s simply not warranted without further success.
Thank you...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Romo (and this is without bias) is one of the most knowledgeable commentary announcers in the world in NFL history. He often knows, or has educated guesses on what's going to happen or what should happen on a high percentage of offensive plays. It would not surprise me if he's not an OC somewhere someday.
You realize that's probably not gonna happen the guys making more money less stress probably less hours he's got a family to raise why would he wanna go into coaching? I also guarantee if he wanted to go into coaching he already would have probably got offers already.... Not everyone's cut out to be a coach just because you're good enough to be one there's a lot of hours and again for him less pay

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a good win, and I like it, however, like most analysts have been saying, the teams that the Cowboys have beat up on are not very good and have losing records. I can't wait to see what this team does against some better teams. (ok, now for the insults).
Really good analysts like Tony Romo think this Cowboy team can go all the way.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really good analysts like Tony Romo think this Cowboy team can go all the way.
They might or might not, so that is Tony's prerogative. But, I don't like to discuss the Cowboys with you because to you everything is always alright and nothing in your eyes is ever bad or needs to get better. I don't homer like you, but carry on with yourself.

rambo2

Reaction score
They might or might not, so that is Tony's prerogative. But, I don't like to discuss the Cowboys with you because to you everything is always alright and nothing in your eyes is ever bad or needs to get better. I don't homer like you, but carry on with yourself.
This team is very good period. Go ahead and doubt them.

Rajveer

Reaction score
First, Romo is much more Cowboy-friendly than Aikman. No surprise. But I thought his commentary was dead on.
*The O-line IS looking much better. Yesterday I saw actual, real big pockets. I haven't seen that in Dallas since the Travis Frederick lines. Biadiaz still is subject to
a bull rush now and then, and Steele still isn't completely healed so is less mobile to outside rushes, but overall, they are doing an incredible job of picking up stunts, holding their ground, and getting enough on run blocking to finally open holes.
*McCarhy has definitely changed the play calling from dink and dunk to old Oakland Raiders/Cowboys of the 1990s style of downfield passes. People will whine that Dak missed a couple of, yea, maybe easy, deep TD throws. But that was pretty common with every deep ball team.The thing is, WHEN you hit those, it's almost certainly a scoring sitution of some type.
*Pollard is looking like the back he was when #2 behind Zeke.
*Our kicker is simply the best in the league. Now, about those PATs. . .
*Quinn's D has led the league in takeaways now for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. With Odigiezuwa and Hankins, we finally have the middle mostly solved. Yesterday although Romo did NOT mention it, I thought Vander Esch's presence was missed. But that was not a fatal problem as it was in the past.
*It looks to me (don't know the stats) that our red zone has gotten much better
*Also, Romo didn't mention and I don't know the stats but it sure SEEMS as though the pre-snap penalties are way down.

Second, Romo correctly said this team has all the ingredients to win a Super Bowl. Obviously the big (playoff) games are coming. But I haven't felt this good about our O since Zeke's first year.

Third, Romo praised Dak, who merely is the best QB in the league over the last six games INCLUDING the E-girls.

Last---and this is my comment---teams with bad records often have bad records cuz they play teams like us. Two of the Giants losses came to us. Romo pointed out that the Foreskins had two Pro-Bowl tackles, but we handled them with ease.

I see a totally different team than the one that lost to AZ and SF. The Eagles game, according to all, was very easily a Cowboys win.

Love having Romo announce. He was back to his play calling analysis.
You forgot to mention that he mentioned at least 4 times "this is why they are winning the super bowl....". It was so apparent and I was like, they have to get through the NFC championship game and even make it to that game before we talk super bowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because he really isn't great...the novelty has definable worn off. Not every TD pass is the greatest ever...
Romo definitely appeals more to the Homerish type fan. And he can be entertaining .

He’s too busy trying to predict the next call or play than providing analysis and critical commentary on play after the fact.

Nantz often makes a better color commentary on a play like he did on record pick 6.