Romo Commentary

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people on this board won’t be happy until they hear Romo and Troy shaking verbal Pom Poms and sounding like complete Homers in the process ……. Rather than being the 2 best in the biz at their jobs. Criticism here is laughable.

Quint

Reaction score
I think he's just not as focused on extra points. There is a lot of pressure on players, especially kickers. I think extra points is where he chooses to relax. Because there isn't as much on the line. If the extra point is big, I think he hits it. If and when he misses a FG, look for it to be when we're already up by a lot, or the game is all but over. This is just my best guess. Because he's hitting all of the FGs.
Inexcusable

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Romo is always pro-Cowboy when he calls our games. Hes slightly below playmaker when it comes to being a homer for this team
Slightly below the Playmaker? The playmaker is miles ahead of any Cowboys analyst on TV. He gets to yell and scream for the Cowboys nation.

plymkr

Reaction score
I didn’t read through the whole thread so if someone else mentioned this I apologize. But the only thing that Romo did that irritated me was mention a SF player when discussing Bland’s accomplishment. It was a Dallas moment. Just talk about Dallas. Not a huge deal but it irritated me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo and Troy Aikman are two of the best color analysts in sports television. The fact is evident when they say something the audience agrees with what they say. It is apparent when the audience disagrees with what they say.

Neither man is infallible in doing their jobs. No person is perfect. Neither man is the same as the other, nor are they the same as anyone else in their profession. They should and will do their jobs as only they can as individuals, and not be parodies of how others do theirs.

None of the above matters. "I like Romo." "I do not like Romo." "I like Troy." "I do not like Troy." "Romo should be like Irvin." "Troy should be like Irvin." Etc. Each week. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Circle of life.

/rant