Romo Commentary

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think a lot of what you're hearing from Troy is disappointment that the team has been underachieving. There may be a little touch of overcompensation, but I think he does a good job of not saying what he really wants to say at times.
problem is that Troy has ALWAYS been like this as a commentator. has ALWAYS bent over backward in any Boys game. So trying to excuse it that way is not credible

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
problem is that Troy has ALWAYS been like this as a commentator. has ALWAYS bent over backward in any Boys game. So trying to excuse it that way is not credible
Until you can get some type of machine to extract his thoughts, it seems silly to assert that he's biased against the Cowboys. I've heard him in interviews, and while I don't recall the details, he's made it very obvious that he's a Cowboys lover.

To be fair, I used to believe the same thing, but I came to realize it was my emotions making every comment he made seem negative. After stepping back and putting myself in his shoes, I realized he's just being a professional.

blueblood70

Reaction score
(sarcasm alert!).

For some reason, I tend to enjoy and agree with he announces that always have something positive to say about the Cowboys. I can't explain it, but I am really annoyed by the announcers that are critical of a player on the Cowboys....especially when they are losing. It's like rubbing it in

Does anybody else feel the same way?
Yes when 80% of the sports media is doing the negative cowboy takes it gets very old....I miss Will Cain on espn, he balanced things out... i mean its all we hear anymore seems to be anti-cowboy rating talk,. Seems to be the popular thing now is to is to rip on the Cowboys... So I agree with you it's nice to hear somebody say some nice things and we already know about the not meeting a 500 team yet but hey it would be nice to be in the AFC right now right eight and three dolphins the #1 seed with no signature wins against any team the played at the time with winning record..so much less talk about them. lol:espn:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes when 80% of the sports media is doing the negative cowboy takes it gets very old....I miss Will Cain on espn, he balanced things out... i mean its all we hear anymore seems to be anti-cowboy rating talk,. Seems to be the popular thing now is to is to rip on the Cowboys... So I agree with you it's nice to hear somebody say some nice things and we already know about the not meeting a 500 team yet but hey it would be nice to be in the AFC right now right eight and three dolphins the #1 seed with no signature wins against any team the played at the time with winning record..so much less talk about them. lol:espn:
He was being sarcastic and pointing out that a commentator praising the team you like is always going to make them look good in your eyes.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Now I'm just stating facts.... Brett Maher was that good last year I hate to break it to you he literally was.... He only missed 3 total field goals three of which were over 55 yards... These issues were point after attempts late in the season, we're seeing that from Aubrey... I'm just saying give Brett Maher his props he was great last year.. he was an absolute top three kicker in the league... No you missed my .5 weeks ago I'm saying Brett Maher deserves more respect for what he did because they weren't talking about him like this even though he had the nickname Brett money Maher because he kicked over 90% last year and was absolute stud... You have to have the 17 games from each of them to actually to do a real comp.. That's a Cowboys fan I'm glad aubrey's kicking great but I'm just telling you that so did Brett Maher he gets way too much hate in here just like other players that are targets from certain people like you and yes Aubrey has proved himself to be a great kicker but he's also not perfect he's missed 3 point after attempts already with six games to go... Wasn't that the main issue with one Brett Maher that was his only issue and it really only happened late in the year like the last game and then the playoff game I'm saying give some more respect to Brett money Maher because he was awesome last year and we were lucky to have him he just deserves a little respect not just remembering the bad because if we're gonna do that then yeah I'm gonna come out of the woodworks and remind people that Aubrey has started off his career awesome but he's missed 3 point after attempts the only issue that Brett Maher had...

And just like all kickers you might want to hold your breath because it takes a bad turn at any point and sometimes it never gets fixed with the yips it could happen to Aubrey it happened to some of the best kickers we ever had here.... So yeah two smaller sample size would be apropos maybe you don't understand that but it's absolute fact just like last year with the whole Mike white thing this place went crazy accusing the front office of being dumb for letting him go because he had two or three good games and then what fell off a Cliff I don't even think he's on the same team anymore
Maher is having a really tough year in LA.

He’s 34th in the league in FG percentage and has missed six field goals as well as a PAT miss of his own.

I have no ill will toward Brett at all and he was good for us until he wasn’t.

blueblood70

Reaction score

He’s 34th in the league in FG percentage and has missed six field goals as well as a PAT miss of his own.

I don't care what he's doing now we're talking about last year his start to the year was very much the same as Aubrey start to this year people just want to forget it on purpose that's my point who cares what he's doing right now my point was he was as valuable last year as Aubrey is this year to us and nobody's given him the respect again don't be shocked if something happens with Aubrey later in the year because this is what happens to kickers one day they're the heroes and the next day they're the goat... It's obvious you never like crap because you keep acting as if he never did anything here if you really go back to his first stint here he started at 11 for 11 then it struggled then got cut then came back and had an awesome year last year it was absolutely one of the best kickers in the League One of the best kickers we ever had and then it all ended and it can also end that way for Aubrey we don't know yet that's my point too small a sample size I'm glad he's doing well but Brett money Maher deserves some damn respect!!!

triplets_93

Reaction score
We'll se how Troy does when and if the Boys win something...

rambo2

Reaction score

A rough year in LA? He got cut weeks ago.

Motorola

Reaction score
its funny how much Moose and Olsens voice sound like each other. I dont get how Moose has done this for 20 years and gets leapfrogged so quickly by upstart Olsen. That baffles me, what happened to paying your dues?
The same could be said about Romo.
Retired from playing in April 2017 - but immediately made the CBS No. 1 Analyst on NFL game's - had of ex-players Dan Fouts, Trent Green, and Rich Gannon (btw all former NFL starting QBs) that served a number of years in the same position.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I seriously had the thought that the guy was drunk or on drugs.

He had some awkward behaviour when he was on camera.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'll refrain from the Super Bowl talk until we make the Super Bowl.

We'll start with Seattle.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'll refrain from the Super Bowl talk until we make the Super Bowl.

We'll start with Seattle.
Seahawks a team that looks to be eventually flushed out of the 2023 postseason conversation --- and the Cowboys will start SEA's exit next week @ AT&T.