Romo End Zone Fumble; Is it his fault...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Vintage;2263849 said:
I am just pissed he fumbled a routine handoff near the endzone.

He wasn't the only qb to fumble a routine handoff last night. ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2263852 said:
So true, the Bills game last year is a perfect example of it.

IN TONY WE TRUST to be labelled on America's bills in the future......;)

You betcha. All QB's are going to make bad plays but the great one the guys who can lead their team from behind do so because they will not go into a shell afraid to go out and make plays. I see QB's who after an int or 2 they start becoming hesitant or try to guild the ball instead of zipping it into tight spaces. You can’t be afraid to make mistakes and Romo isn’t

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I didn't like the easy 7 pts. for the Eagles, but I'm glad Tony missed the feeding frenzy for the loose ball and dove over a player to avoid having a low contact hit.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo is a playmaker and he will continue to try and turn a bad play into something positive. He's not going to change, that's what makes him great.

The one thing that came to mind though is what Romo said in an interview. He said that when they make mistakes like that, they're really not too concerned because they know they will get it together and march right back down the field. (maybe it was TO who said that)

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Romo is never going to change when it comes to that and thats why we love him. You take the good with the bad. There is far more good with Tony Romo than bad.

juck

Reaction score
I questioned whether his arm was going forward

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2263840 said:
I'm okay with an easy Eagles TD on that play. A safety gives the Eagles 2 points, but then they get the ball back on a free kick and a short field, where they could have scored a TD on top of the safety.

7 points is better than 9. Just my 2 cents.

This makes absolutely no sense, but was my exact thought at the time. Our defense couldn't stop them at that time and a safety would have just given them the ball right back with chance to almost certainly tack on 3-7 more points. Probably 7.
The fact that it was TD probably worked out in out favor.

jordan20

Reaction score
The ball does look a little slick??? He should of just fell on the ball for a safety.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2264085 said:
I questioned whether his arm was going forward

My buddy and I saw the same thing. We might have gotten that fumble call over-turned.

I think the staff missed the boat on that play and McNabb's underhand and perhaps past the LOS throw.

jordan20

Reaction score
McNabb was past the LOS on the underhand throw. I went back and watched it several times.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
jordan20;2264151 said:
The ball does look a little slick??? He should of just fell on the ball for a safety.

I hate to make excuses but I thought the ball looked very slick. So did the ball Cutler dropped this weekend as did Tony's infamous FG muff.

I'm not sure when I stated noticing it or when it changed, but the balls they use now seem awfully shinny.

Much much more so than they appeared 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2263723 said:
I remember hearing one of the announcers saying the ref placed the kicking ball on the line of scrimmage instead of switching it out with one of the "ball boys" on the sideline.

I think you mis-heard. I don't think the announcers said anything like this.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2263733 said:
what we can't explain is why Romo simply didn't just kick it out of bounds instead of trying to pick it up

:laugh2: Exactly what I was thinking at the time but then again, this is also the reason why we love Romo

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2263733 said:
what we can't explain is why Romo simply didn't just kick it out of bounds instead of trying to pick it up

Thats not how he is built. He wanted to make a play. He/We are spoiled. He has more than once brought a play back from the dead.

Just didnt work out last night.

I wonder what it looked like downfield when they were converging on Romo??

Don Corleone

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2264147 said:
This makes absolutely no sense, but was my exact thought at the time. Our defense couldn't stop them at that time and a safety would have just given them the ball right back with chance to almost certainly tack on 3-7 more points. Probably 7.
The fact that it was TD probably worked out in out favor.

I agree. It makes no sense if our defense was consistently stopping them. However, it isn't far fetched to believe that they could have tacked on another TD with that safety.

This reminds me of that Seattle playoff game, when a Terry Glenn blunder in the endzone lead to Seattle ultimately winning the game.