Romo exposed

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
A lot of you ain't gonna' like this. Tough. It STILL the truth.
Romo is a problem, if not THE problem. He's got too much "Brett Favre" in him, only he's not Favre. Also, the only way Favre has even one ring is by playing for a hundred years and the cards falling for him once. Even a broken clock is right once a day.............
Romo NEVER has ANY consciousness of ANY rusher to his side or rear. Every time I see a defensive end or blitzing corner or line-backer chasing him from the side or rear, I automatically think "fumble". He should be more seasoned and veteran by now, but he's not. He plays like a kid, going for broke no matter what, and refuses to give up on any play. This usually leads to an idiot sack, a turnover, or the latest adventure in our own end-zone (of which there's been many. Probably more than any other current starter).
From time to time, it's OK to blame one player for a lot of things wrong. The QB is an easy target for this, and Romo is currently the poster-boy for bearing the brunt for many of our woes.
If you want to be the Packers for 16 years, be decent, get lucky one year on "win it all", then Romo is your guy. Not me. I think his star is flickering and his "fifteen minutes of fame" is drawing to an end. He's too risky, punky, and full of himself. To the point he thinks he has the smarts and talent to pull off anything. Of which, of course, by example.......HE'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!
Draft or trade for a mature and savvy QB as soon as possible if you want a SB ring. 'Till then, Romo is a "fly by night", couple year phenom who provides enough flash and bling to entertain the sheep, but loses winnable games against bottom feeders.
We got the Rams and Tampa coming up. We're gonna' lose one of these games. And you'll remember where you heard this first...........

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Even a broken clock is right once a day.............

You lost me right there......its twice a day.

DMX690

Reaction score
Like i said early today we must have the dumbest fans in the world. :bang2:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I don't agree with that, I think when Romo was relying on his instincts, he had great presence and it always amazed me how he knew to run at the right time and create something out of nothing, just as someone was breathing down his neck. Re-watch his play from last season and you'll see what I mean.

I think his problem is, he is forcing himself to play out of his own element, by trying to be a 'pocket passer'. I don't know why he felt compelled to try this tact, but I'd say we've seen enough to say it's not really working.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Uh.................ever here of AM and PM?

There's only ONE 7:00 in the morning, and 7:00 in the PM.
Offer up some rebuttal or informed argument next time, instead of stupid
attacks on the fact...............

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overreaction much? Romo's propensity to fumble scares the hell out of me, but before he changed his style of play, he showed great pocket presence. He was totally aware of where the defense was and would always move a few steps to avoid the pressure. He was very effective at this. Romo needs to get back to being Romo. That is the problem. Studying Brady or whoever is fine, but you can't stop doing the things that made you successful in the first place.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Yes, the risky play of Favre earned him only one Super Bowl. That said, how many Super Bowls has the ultra conservative Peyton Manning won?

The entire offseason all we talked about was the need to get more play makers on the team and now we have people saying that we need Romo to stop trying to make plays. I just don't get it, do you want him to be a "bus driver" QB?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until Romo plays special teams or defense it's a tough stretch to cal him "THE problem" IMO.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
For all you "stupid post" idiots out there, what's you're answer?
Where's your "wonder boy" QB and new OC who you keep insisting are "infallable" and "the answer"?
We can't beat the yearly "worst franchise" in football, and barely scrape by the joke called Cincy, in the year we are supposed to be the "elite" team in the NFL.
Keep burying your head in the sand of your "fan-hood" and remain blinded by your undying loyalty to mediocrity.
I've been a Cowboy fan since 1965, before you we're born. This QB and "Vundechild" OC (all of two years QB coach in Miami) are counterfeit. All show and no go.
As of right now, all Romo will be remembered for are his side-show antics that cost us games (ala the fumble in Seattle, and many, many more examples.)
Keep telling yourself he's your savior, and that the OC is the next head coach to bring us to the promised land. You're living a lie............

MCowboys

Reaction score
Play Brad Johnson or get Trent Dilfer off of ESPN. Those guys won super bowls. They aren't erratic like this bum romo. Sure he threw 36 TDs, and is on pace to do it again, but come on, he fumbles! I'd much rather have a game manager who will just try and keep us in the game and let our D win it for us. That'll work.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Honestly, no one wants to hear that. We can't come to terms with all the smack talk we've given others about how dominant Romo is to have to eat crow so soon.

To me, I love Romo and I was one of the 1st ones to believe in Romo from the start. But Romo scares me now.

When he backs up in the pocket, I get nervous now, I didn't used to feel that way.

The only time I feel comfortable with Romo, is when we are in a hurry-up offense. For some reason, when he goes into the 2 minute drill, he has Ice-water in his veins. But seeing him throw out routes, makes my stomach turn.

I hope and pray that Romo isn't becoming average.

MCowboys

Reaction score
lewpac;2332303 said:
For all you "stupid post" idiots out there, what's you're answer?
Where's your "wonder boy" QB and new OC who you keep insisting are "infallable" and "the answer"?
We can't beat the yearly "worst franchise" in football, and barely scrape by the joke called Cincy, in the year we are supposed to be the "elite" team in the NFL.
Keep burying your head in the sand of your "fan-hood" and remain blinded by your undying loyalty to mediocrity.
I've been a Cowboy fan since 1965, before you we're born. This QB and "Vundechild" OC (all of two years QB coach in Miami) are counterfeit. All show and no go.
As of right now, all Romo will be remembered for are his side-show antics that cost us games (ala the fumble in Seattle, and many, many more examples.)
Keep telling yourself he's your savior, and that the OC is the next head coach to bring us to the promised land. You're living a lie............

If you think the team has no chance, then you shouldn't be that frustrated when we lose. Shouldn't you expect it?