Romo exposed

Staubach12

Reaction score
At some point the line has to be responsible for allowing Romo to get hit many times and to be pressured as often as he has been lately.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
MCowboys;2332306 said:
Play Brad Johnson or get Trent Dilfer off of ESPN. Those guys won super bowls. They aren't erratic like this bum romo. Sure he threw 36 TDs, and is on pace to do it again, but come on, he fumbles! I'd much rather have a game manager who will just try and keep us in the game and let our D win it for us. That'll work.

except our D can't stop anyone so I guess your theory will fail

WhizKid

Reaction score
lewpac;2332303 said:
For all you "stupid post" idiots out there, what's you're answer?
Where's your "wonder boy" QB and new OC who you keep insisting are "infallable" and "the answer"?
We can't beat the yearly "worst franchise" in football, and barely scrape by the joke called Cincy, in the year we are supposed to be the "elite" team in the NFL.
Keep burying your head in the sand of your "fan-hood" and remain blinded by your undying loyalty to mediocrity.
I've been a Cowboy fan since 1965, before you we're born. This QB and "Vundechild" OC (all of two years QB coach in Miami) are counterfeit. All show and no go.
As of right now, all Romo will be remembered for are his side-show antics that cost us games (ala the fumble in Seattle, and many, many more examples.)
Keep telling yourself he's your savior, and that the OC is the next head coach to bring us to the promised land. You're living a lie............

Do you not like the smell of my belly button?

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
MCowboys;2332306 said:
Play Brad Johnson or get Trent Dilfer off of ESPN. Those guys won super bowls. They aren't erratic like this bum romo. Sure he threw 36 TDs, and is on pace to do it again, but come on, he fumbles! I'd much rather have a game manager who will just try and keep us in the game and let our D win it for us. That'll work.

Amen! You'll either learn it now or you'll learn it during the middle of the 2010 season. This guy ain't the answer. He'll keep you pumped and on his side from time to time with some glitzy play and semi-gaudy numbers. But just when you need him the most, he won't see some 380 pound, 6.3-40 guy behind him, and get the ball slapped out of his hands, AGAIN, in the end-zone during a "must win game". As of now, THAT's his M.O. That's what he's known for. That's his label. That's what he's consistent at. That's his most prevalent high-light reel.
Prove me wrong....................

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
MCowboys;2332333 said:
If you think the team has no chance, then you shouldn't be that frustrated when we lose. Shouldn't you expect it?

Got ya' there. I told everyone I knew that the Commander game was a "trap" game. Coming off a nothing win against a crappy Packer team, this team thought they were "all that". THAT, was bad coaching by letting this team think that all they had to do was show up and the other team would just wilt and blow away.
I was right then..........
AND, I told everyone I knew that MY COWBOYS have Cincy, the Cards, the Lambs and Tampa coming up, and Dallas will lose one or two, if not three of these games. I could tell by the way they were playing in September. Playing like last December and the playoff game. Just lame, flat, not inspired, and everyone waiting around for someone else to "make a play".
And that's EXACTLY what happened today, against Cincy and the Skins game.
So, no, I don't expect them to "win". That doesn't make me "not a fan". That makes me someone who knows my team and is pissed off by bad coaching, uninspired play calling, and a bunch of big-heads who bought into their own pre-season hype............

Cowboys79

Reaction score
Well I'm not ready to give up on Romo but I'm close to giving up on our OC. Is it just me or are we running the same plays every game? I mean it seems like every team is able to read our offense and stop whatever we try and do.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Romo can get this done, but Jason Garrett had better wake up.

Garrett and Romo have been too greedy in these losses. In the games Dallas has lost, Felix Jones hasn't touched the ball enough. (He left the game in the third quarter, but where was he in the first half?) He touched the ball three times for 22 yards on offense and had a 16 yard run called back on an illegal formation. He didn't score a TD, and Dallas lost again.

I don't understand it.

Garrett and Romo are going for the big play all the time, and it needs to stop.

When your offensive line is getting Romo pressured because of a 4 man rush, you need to counter that by getting the ball out quicker, running the ball, and getting the ball to the running backs or receivers in space.

Arizona's defense was begging to be burned on a screen or reverse.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
For everyone out there who thinks that something is not SERIOUSLY WRONG with this team, then go root for the Vikqueens or the Forty Whiners!! You got your head buried into some pseudo "Dallas is my team so therefore their perfect" dream world.
This time next year, you ain't gonna' have 13 returning All-Pro's, a great draft, great free-agency grabs, and a third-year returning All-Pro "Vunder Child" darling-boy QB. THIS IS IT! This is "one and done" in this day and age of Professional Football.
The problem, along with a chronically bad secondary, a lazy defense and special teams, and horrible coaching, is the QB PLAY!!!! I don't care if you DID BUY all four versions of the Romo jersey in the last two years, and bought into the "next Staubach, next Aikman" fairy tale. You were mis-led. You fell for the hype. As of now, he's nothing more than a B-Movie Brett Favoverrveree with too much "gun-slinger" in him and absolutely zero clue as to pressure from pass rushers. He's a turn-over machine in all the wrong times and places in the game and on the field.
That overtime performance today against the Cards was profound in how futile and sophmoric and failing it was by Romo................

MCowboys

Reaction score
Just to clear things up, my Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson comment was a joke. I repeat, a joke.

I understand the problems with Romo, and they are valid, however when the team scores 24 every game of the year and the QB has thrown as many TDs as Romo, there are bigger issues.

If you want to pile on Romo, and ignore the issues our defense, special teams, and offensive line have had, be my guest.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score
I remember how Giants fan wanted Eli Manning cut by week 6 last year, and didn't he won the superbowl? How many games did the Giants lost last year? How many teams have gone 16-0 and won the superbowl? I think coaches are playing just to get to playoffs and in playoffs they will turn this team around and play good. Who cares how you play in ****ing regular season if you might lose your first playoff game? We are 4-2 tied in second place in the division and we have some big injuries (Newman, Kosier, Roy, Watkins) We had Spencer out for some weeks, Austin was out some weeks, this team will just improve and make the playoffs. Losing will make this team play better trust me.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
lewpac;2332446 said:
For everyone out there who thinks that something is not SERIOUSLY WRONG with this team, then go root for the Vikqueens or the Forty Whiners!! You got your head buried into some pseudo "Dallas is my team so therefore their perfect" dream world.
This time next year, you ain't gonna' have 13 returning All-Pro's, a great draft, great free-agency grabs, and a third-year returning All-Pro "Vunder Child" darling-boy QB. THIS IS IT! This is "one and done" in this day and age of Professional Football.
The problem, along with a chronically bad secondary, a lazy defense and special teams, and horrible coaching, is the QB PLAY!!!! I don't care if you DID BUY all four versions of the Romo jersey in the last two years, and bought into the "next Staubach, next Aikman" fairy tale. You were mis-led. You fell for the hype. As of now, he's nothing more than a B-Movie Brett Favoverrveree with too much "gun-slinger" in him and absolutely zero clue as to pressure from pass rushers. He's a turn-over machine in all the wrong times and places in the game and on the field.
That overtime performance today against the Cards was profound in how futile and sophmoric and failing it was by Romo................

If it wasn't for Tony Romo, Dallas wouldn't win any games. You can't be serious. Romo threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in that game. Jason Garrett needs to protect his quarterback more and be aware of the flow of the game. The line coudn't block four man rushes today, but Garrett stayed greedy and went for the kill too much in this game.

Anyone watching that game knows you shouldn't throw the ball out of your own endzone when you are not blocking them.

Felix Jones not getting his touches, and going for the big play too much in the two losses, can be laid at Garrett's feet.

sk0aL

Reaction score
It's funny how if our Special Teams actually covers on the opening kick-off or Folk makes that chip shot, we'd be praising Romo for his 321 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 int, although Crayton saved his butt on a sure INT.

You can't blame him for everything.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
The difference is, is that nobody (and I mean NOBODY) had the Giants on their radar screen last year as even a playoff team, let alone winning it all. And I'm talking Thanksgiving!! No body had the Giants OC labeled as the next "Vunder-child" genius coach either.
The Giants didn't have "home field" advantage the year before throughout the playoffs either (and then blow it). The Giants didn't have 13 returning All-Pro's, a great draft (I don't know why, Dallas doesn't seem to want their best pick to touch the ball), a great free agency, and the unanimous pick to win it all by just about everyone!! Yeah, aside from all this, the Giants of last year and Dallas of this year are comparable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wanna' sit around and talk about "losing builds character" and "losing will help", go talk to the Browns and the Lions. THIS TEAM doesn't NEED to LOSE to learn. This team is not in that bottom-feeding cellar of teams that have no choice but to "learn from losing". THAT lesson should've been learned by blowing last year in the playoffs, and the year before that, and the year before that...........Sorry, I lied to myself with THAT baloney, just to stay sane, the last two years.
Not this year. No way. Losing is unacceptable. I had us down for at least 13-3, with a couple of division loss's and a Steeler game or two. But not this crap. Anyone who doesn't thing that there's not serious problems with this team is content to play the "losing will help" card to sleep at night.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
The LOSS!!
And I'll tell you why...............
This team,with all it's expectations, will again be fighting for it's playoff life the last week of December. And nobody will remember this loss when we're tied with the crappy Saints or the lame Buccaneers for a wild-card spot, needing to win against the Beagles on the road and help from someone else.
THAT is what THIS kind of loss does, but nobody remembers. You'll only remember the Steeler loss or the Giant-on-the-road loss, which you'll be able to justify. This kind of loss in September or October to the Lambs and the Fartinals of the world will seem like decades ago. But it won't be. It'll be the reason that we're 10-5 going into week sixteen and sweating it out.
I'm further pissed because IT'S NOT NECESSARY!!! It's abundantly avoidable and inexcusable, for a team of this caliber, talent and expectations.
It's deplorable coaching (I got banned from another Cowboy site for dissing the Phillips hire instead of Rivera from Chicago, and I'll be proved correct about that) and poor QB Play at the top of the list. Other things of course need to be whipped into shape. Like the chronic secondary problems, lazy defensive play (given our talent), not using Felix Jones (why have a draft anyway?), lazy route running and dropped balls, and other things.
But Romo has NO, and I mean ZERO pocket awareness when the rush is coming from anywhere but in his face. When it's chasing him from behind or from the side, it's a 50-50 fumble dance. Or, the ball will "squirt" out of his hands for no reason....................Romo has until January of 2009 before I start calling for his head................

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
http://i55.***BLOCKED***/albums/g152/BigDFan5/thisicon.gif

Boysboy

Reaction score
41gy#;2332515 said:
If it wasn't for Tony Romo, Dallas wouldn't win any games. You can't be serious. Romo threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in that game. Jason Garrett needs to protect his quarterback more and be aware of the flow of the game. The line coudn't block four man rushes today, but Garrett stayed greedy and went for the kill too much in this game.

Anyone watching that game knows you shouldn't throw the ball out of your own endzone when you are not blocking them.

Felix Jones not getting his touches, and going for the big play too much in the two losses, can be laid at Garrett's feet.

We're also 0-2 in the playoffs with him. Forget the "grease ball" in the Seattle game, he was just dreadfull passing the ball that game. He had receivers open, but either missed them or threw errantly at them.

Ditto the Giants game-all he had to do was keep his poise, but he didn't.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Boysboy;2332695 said:
We're also 0-2 in the playoffs with him. Forget the "grease ball" in the Seattle game, he was just dreadfull passing the ball that game. He had receivers open, but either missed them or threw errantly at them.

Ditto the Giants game-all he had to do was keep his poise, but he didn't.

but Boys, I was told in 2006, it was all on Parcells who refused to attack.

I'm confused