Romo exposed

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
da_whiz_kid;2332289 said:
This thread smells like my belly button.

from one kid to another...how do you smell your belly button?

rikolai

Reaction score
I rarely post.Lewpac is right.Dead on.Romo has surprised me with how accurate he can be when given a perfect pocket.He can throw the ball.So could Drew Bledsoe.So could Mark Rypien.But if you have no awareness and don't value the football,you won't win 3 games in a row against other playoff teams.Romo is a great fantasy quarterback.And that's exactly what we're all living if you think we can win a super bowl with his Barnum and Bailey hijinx.Do I think we could do worse at QB?Oh yeah.Do I want a different QB?No.It's not an option.But as long as he thinks that occasional turnovers (weekly,multiple)are part of the resume of a successful,winning quarterback,we are all kidding ourselves.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2332723 said:
but Boys, I was told in 2006, it was all on Parcells who refused to attack.

I'm confused

Honestly-that's not what I saw. I don't know why this myth keeps getting repeated. On the first series of that game, Terry Glenn was WIDE open on a deep route, but Romo chose to lolly-pop it into Owens for an incompletion. There were other times Romo had a chance to make plays, but didn't.

BTW-once Romo started taking snaps under center, there were a number of games where Parcells DID abandon the run, believe it or not.

robjgrif

Reaction score
Clove;2332323 said:
Honestly, no one wants to hear that. We can't come to terms with all the smack talk we've given others about how dominant Romo is to have to eat crow so soon.

To me, I love Romo and I was one of the 1st ones to believe in Romo from the start. But Romo scares me now.

When he backs up in the pocket, I get nervous now, I didn't used to feel that way.

The only time I feel comfortable with Romo, is when we are in a hurry-up offense. For some reason, when he goes into the 2 minute drill, he has Ice-water in his veins. But seeing him throw out routes, makes my stomach turn.

I hope and pray that Romo isn't becoming average.

I feel exactly the same!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
lewpac;2332244 said:
A lot of you ain't gonna' like this. Tough. It STILL the truth.
Romo is a problem, if not THE problem. He's got too much "Brett Favre" in him, only he's not Favre. Also, the only way Favre has even one ring is by playing for a hundred years and the cards falling for him once. Even a broken clock is right once a day.............
Romo NEVER has ANY consciousness of ANY rusher to his side or rear. Every time I see a defensive end or blitzing corner or line-backer chasing him from the side or rear, I automatically think "fumble". He should be more seasoned and veteran by now, but he's not. He plays like a kid, going for broke no matter what, and refuses to give up on any play. This usually leads to an idiot sack, a turnover, or the latest adventure in our own end-zone (of which there's been many. Probably more than any other current starter).
From time to time, it's OK to blame one player for a lot of things wrong. The QB is an easy target for this, and Romo is currently the poster-boy for bearing the brunt for many of our woes.
If you want to be the Packers for 16 years, be decent, get lucky one year on "win it all", then Romo is your guy. Not me. I think his star is flickering and his "fifteen minutes of fame" is drawing to an end. He's too risky, punky, and full of himself. To the point he thinks he has the smarts and talent to pull off anything. Of which, of course, by example.......HE'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!
Draft or trade for a mature and savvy QB as soon as possible if you want a SB ring. 'Till then, Romo is a "fly by night", couple year phenom who provides enough flash and bling to entertain the sheep, but loses winnable games against bottom feeders.
We got the Rams and Tampa coming up. We're gonna' lose one of these games. And you'll remember where you heard this first...........

This is the stupidest post I have ever read.

I guess you didn't see him pick himself up off the turf after every single play. I guess you missed the numerous times he hung in there to make a play which did lead to him throwing for over 300 yards again. I guess we would have scored more than 24 points had Brad Johnson been on the field.

I understand Romo has to stop trying to hang on forever in hopes of making a play, but saying he has no pocket awareness is straight stupid. When he was getting his and fumbling the pressure was coming from behind him because Flozell stunk today.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
lewpac;2332244 said:
Romo is a problem, if not THE problem. He's got too much "Brett Favre" in him, only he's not Favre. Also, the only way Favre has even one ring is by playing for a hundred years and the cards falling for him once. Even a broken clock is right once a day.............
Romo NEVER has ANY consciousness of ANY rusher to his side or rear. Every time I see a defensive end or blitzing corner or line-backer chasing him from the side or rear, I automatically think "fumble". He should be more seasoned and veteran by now, but he's not. He plays like a kid, going for broke no matter what, and refuses to give up on any play. This usually leads to an idiot sack, a turnover, or the latest adventure in our own end-zone (of which there's been many. Probably more than any other current starter).
From time to time, it's OK to blame one player for a lot of things wrong. The QB is an easy target for this, and Romo is currently the poster-boy for bearing the brunt for many of our woes.
If you want to be the Packers for 16 years, be decent, get lucky one year on "win it all", then Romo is your guy. Not me. I think his star is flickering and his "fifteen minutes of fame" is drawing to an end. He's too risky, punky, and full of himself. To the point he thinks he has the smarts and talent to pull off anything. Of which, of course, by example.......HE'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!
Draft or trade for a mature and savvy QB as soon as possible if you want a SB ring. 'Till then, Romo is a "fly by night", couple year phenom who provides enough flash and bling to entertain the sheep, but loses winnable games against bottom feeders.
We got the Rams and Tampa coming up. We're gonna' lose one of these games. And you'll remember where you heard this first...........

Dude, put the shrooms down.

If Romo is not your QB then I suggest you find another team to root for. The fact is that we just gave Romo more money then most 3rd world countries have.

We have reworked his contract several times already, adding guarenteed money and more bonuses. We cannot trade or release Romo because of the salary cap implications, we would have to feild a team of mostly rookies to make this happen. That is why you make dam sure "he is the guy" before you hand him the keys to Fort Knox.

Romo will be a Cowboy for a very, very, very, long time. So, I suggest you go find another team or put the shrooms down and start talking reasonable.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
lewpac;2332244 said:

a broken clock is right twice a day.......

triplets92

Reaction score
everybody is talking about how Tony's fumbles cost the game or their scared that he fumbles so much. IT IS NOT HIS FAULT THAT THE TACKLES CAN'T DO THEIR JOB AND BLOCK!!!! he was chased down and beat up by DE all day

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
lewpac;2332244 said:

please step away from the keyboard!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Even if he only wins one superbowl in his career that is one more than the vast majority of guys who play QB and I'll take it thank you very much.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
LowTech;2332257 said:
Even a broken clock is right once a day.............

You lost me right there......its twice a day.

Not unless it's a digital clock that registereds "A.M." and "P.M." ;)

MONT17

Reaction score
Gotta love the way u guys talk football! Someone brings up benching Romo in a round about way and all u wanna do is talk about digital clocks! Well someone did bring up Romos cap # but spare us w the back n forth about a figure of speech!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
lewpac;2332272 said:
Uh.................ever here of AM and PM?

There's only ONE 7:00 in the morning, and 7:00 in the PM.
Offer up some rebuttal or informed argument next time, instead of stupid
attacks on the fact...............

I am not reading this ridiculous thread but if you think anyone is buying that BS excuse for your mistake you are as dumb as this thread.

dfense

Reaction score
I don't suppose the tackles had anything to do with Romo's hits right?

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK....so Romo's t.o.'s (hey that rhymes ;) ) weren't because of his o-line's piss-poor play, they were all on him! We should ignore that fact that he's a top 5 QB in pretty much every category and rely on a "bus driver" to lead this team! Well, THIS IS YOUR LUCKY DAY LEWPAC!!!! You get to see Brad "Checkdown" Johnson drive this Silver-n-Blue bus for the next three weeks! And I guarantee that if our o-line plays anywhere near it's AZ performance that you'll also get a chance to know Brooks "Journeyman" Bollinger because Brad will die in the pocket behind a line playing like that! Think about it...if the line doesn't prevent Tony from being hit like 25 times yesterday he wouldn't of had any fumbles (and no picks thanks to Crayton :D )!

alancdc

Reaction score
I don't think he is "punky" or full of himself at all. I think he is a pretty humble guy actually. He gave AZ all the credit last night, and a guy that is not humble doesn't do that, IMO. As for the fumbling problem IT IS A PROBLEM. I don't know how to fix it, but it is a concern.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lewpac;2332244 said:

You're just mad that Romo didn't expose his privates to you. :rolleyes:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
guess we will see what a problem ROMO is while he recovers from an injury.......I am SICK our so called problem is hurt.

toro

Reaction score
you're an idiot, he was knocked down 19 times, sacked 3 times, if he was'nt as elusive as he is he would have been sacked 9 times, the offensive line played, and has played pathetic.