Romo Hall of Famer?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Moon did play in a Championship game......that might hurt Romo…..Marino played in a SB.....that might hurt Romo. I just think a committee will grasp the "bad big games". He is similar to Favre.....but Brett has a SB and durability records & other records to go along.
Don't be silly. All such discussion is a matter of "ifs". Because if they was, were or is, then there wouldn't be a need for it.

Cmac

Reaction score
Again, the hall of fame is an individual accomplishment. The super bowl is a team effort. But I realize quarterbacks are often rewarded for that anyway. Save for Dan Marino, I think Tony Romo was every bit as good as Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, and Fran Tarkenton. Throw in Jim Kelly too. Is he in the HOF? I don't know. I don't care if he got to 4 super bowls. Jim Kelly couldn't win one with that stacked Bills team, he's certainly not going to do any better on that Cowboys team Romo played for.
Ok.....good luck with that premise.....Tony would be proud and appreciative.

Cmac

Reaction score
Don't be silly. All such discussion is a matter of "ifs". Because if they was, were or is, then there wouldn't be a need for it.
"ifs" is all I'm reading....one thing that's not an "if"......Tony definitely has a Fan Club.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm not in the Romo for HOF camp.

But anyone who ever even mentions Cabo as a factor in anything in any way loses all credibility with me.
That's shallow, no knowledge, fanboy stuff with zero awareness.

Let's see, you have two weeks until the next game, the team has played poorly down the stretch and the staff want everyone to please get away somewhere and re-enegergize

The facilities are closed to all team members for one week (though Garrett and Phillips say one player--Romo--bribed a staff member and managed to sneak in to study film before leaving) . Then facilities will re-open back up for a full week of practice before their next game.
Half or more of the team is going to Miami or Vegas to party and the other half is living in Dallas strip clubs for a week.

Milktoast Tony, who is one of the least partiers on the team, wants to just get away from NFL hoopla on a two hour flight (could've been anywhere two hours away) with his girlfriend and a few friends for a couple of days.
Again, this is a couple of days during an off week before a full week of practice coming up.

Get ****** serious.
Too funny.....Cabo definitely has a different meaning on this board and a different criteria.....or shall I say privilege.....for some.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Too funny.....Cabo definitely has a different meaning on this board and a different criteria.....or shall I say privilege.....for some.
Wrongly so.
Moronically so even.
Almost the exact opposite of reality.

Cmac

Reaction score
Wrongly so.
Moronically so even.
Almost the exact opposite of reality.
Regardless of what you surmise on my take.....I like Romo.

I just think the separation that may get keep the door being knocked on or the phone ringing:

No MVP?
No Offensive Player of the Year?
And we know....the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see.

Out of curiosity: What would you say was a "memorable" game (locked in memory for the ages) during his career?
Off hand...I'm going with the 'Boys vs Broncos...."Tony vs Peyton". Just curious. Has nothing to do with the HOF. Just curious.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok.....good luck with that premise.....Tony would be proud and appreciative.

I actually appreciate your comment. I don't mind if you disagree with me at all. I actually like it. It gives me something to think about and question my stance.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Regardless of what you surmise on my take.....I like Romo.

I just think the separation that may get keep the door being knocked on or the phone ringing:

No MVP?
No Offensive Player of the Year?
And we know....the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see.

Out of curiosity: What would you say was a "memorable" game (locked in memory for the ages) during his career?
Off hand...I'm going with the 'Boys vs Broncos...."Tony vs Peyton". Just curious. Has nothing to do with the HOF. Just curious.
we can agree that he probably will not be a HOFer.
I've never been one to argue for it.
He needed either
1) more team success in the playoffs and/or
2) more years to pile up enormous stats

he really only had about 8 years where he started more than half the games
5 winning seasons
3 .500 seasons
0 losing seasons

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Like Romo, hopes he gets in but I don't see it. Numbers are good but playoff success was nil. Just not enough groceries in the bag for delivery.

Havic

Reaction score
Romo was very good but not quite HOF material imo. Eli Manning wasnt as good but he got the rings so he will get in.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I like Romo, but come on, seriously. No he will not get in. But maybe as an announcer, that is his best shot. The guy is only 40 years old, three years younger than Brady, LOL....

Cmac

Reaction score
we can agree that he probably will not be a HOFer.
I've never been one to argue for it.
He needed either
1) more team success in the playoffs and/or
2) more years to pile up enormous stats

he really only had about 8 years where he started more than half the games
5 winning seasons
3 .500 seasons
0 losing seasons
Agree....the sell by the Committee will be hard for Romo. Just my opinion.....an MVP award would have helped him. Pulled for TRomo…..just hope he makes it too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo didnt take the game serious until his wife told him to do so.
Romo is a great game analyst.
At least for today, you win easily dumbest and least honest post award
Congrat’s!!!!!

don't even try for dumbest (or least truthful) post of the month, as Dak-attack or whatever his name is probably has all the top 10
:muttley:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I like Romo, but come on, seriously. No he will not get in. But maybe as an announcer, that is his best shot. The guy is only 40 years old, three years younger than Brady, LOL....

he is one of the top announcers for the NFL.

excellent playing career, cut short by injuries.

hes set up well for a jacket someday.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys get another goose egg with MCCarthy and they fire him. Jerry hires Romo as Head Coach and he leads them straight to the Super Bowl, in fact, they win two of the next three.

Count me in for a yellow jacket for former #9.