Romo Hall of Famer?

Cmac

Reaction score
Dan Marino has zero. He's in the HOF. Dan Fouts, Sonny Jurgensen, and Warren Moon have zero Super Bowls and all of them are in the HOF too.

There is no causation between having Super Bowl win and getting into the HOF except that it only increases your chances.

Trent Dilfer has one Super Bowl win. He'll never be in the HOF.
Tony has a bunch of self-inflicted blunders in "Big Games" to mask.

Cmac

Reaction score
I think he could have recovered from Cabo if he didn’t say if losing to Philly in 2008 was the worst thing that happened to him he will lead a pretty good life. After that got aired it created never-Romoers.
Then would that mean Witt's downfall too?.....Cabo in the off-season/pre-season is different than Cabo in-between playoff game.....says OBJ.

Flamma

Reaction score
With no Super Bowl rings Romo is not making it into the Hall Of Fame. I don't think he was good enough anyway. But, if he keeps up his work on CBS, can he make it to the HoF as an announcer someday?

It's really hard with quarterbacks. The team around a quarterback shouldn't be the determining factor. If Warren Moon is hall of fame, so is Tony Romo. Personally, I'm not sure either are. I also think Romo is better than Eli, yet his two rings might get him there. Romo stood out. That's all I can say. I think he's every bit as good as the hall of fame QBs that didn't get a ring save for Dan Marino.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Then would that mean Witt's downfall too?.....Cabo in the off-season/pre-season is different than Cabo in-between playoff game.....says OBJ.
What does Witten have to do with what Romo said after the 2008 season ending loss? I am pretty sure I know why are you are doing it though.

Cmac

Reaction score
What does Witten have to do with what Romo said after the 2008 season ending loss? I am pretty sure I know why are you are doing it though.
Cabo....as I addressed. A simple inference....If Cabo was a downfall for Romo, why wouldn't that be implied with Witt too. He was there also. Now is that why you know I'm doing it?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
No.. Absolutely not.

I think he was a great player but he has virtually no post season success.

If they let him in the HOF is a joke and I’m a huge fan.
I love Tony too. I was a big advocate for him. But I agree. He can not be in the hall of fame as a qb w only 2 playoff wins under his belt. It would be disrespectful to the hall of famers in.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Cabo....as I addressed. A simple inference....If Cabo was a downfall for Romo, why wouldn't that be implied with Witt too. He was there also. Now is that why you know I'm doing it?
I wasn’t talking about Cabo. I was saying Cabo is something he could have overcome, which Witten wasn’t involved in.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Tony has a bunch of self-inflicted blunders in "Big Games" to mask.
Every QB has blunders in big games. And whether they’re self-inflicted or not is moot. This is the reality as the competition level increases. The question is did Tony ever have enough help to overcome his particular debatable blunders, or was Tony’s play ever particularly responsible for a big game loss. I think the answer is no. I think if Tony ever had a top 5 defense in the league, he likely would have a SB championship.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
That team would've done great things had Crayton not taken a bribe from the Giants to stop on his routes.
Lol
True.
Crayton cost2 TDs that day.

as for the old crap about 13 pro bowlers....

Any honest fan knows that only 3-4 of those guys were real pro bowlers.
This was back when Pro Bowl voting wrapped up by about mid season and was a totally fan conrolled popularity contest thing.
Dallas started off like gang busters and fans were voting in any Cowboy with pulse.

Cmac

Reaction score
I wasn’t talking about Cabo. I was saying Cabo is something he could have overcome, which Witten wasn’t involved in.
Could he have really overcome Cabo? He did have a below-par game against the G-Men in a home playoff game, that followed.....and that became part of his "Big Game" failures. And Witt did travel, have fun, and giggled on the same trip in-between that playoff game. No big deal.....just think that hurt Romo (in the big scheme) about HOF chances.

king987

Reaction score
To me, Romo falls into that category of the "Hall of Very Good."

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if Romo sneaks in after a few years. Like it or not, stats and name value can go a long way.

Hey, who knows. Maybe he'll go in as a broadcast analyst! :grin:

Cmac

Reaction score
Every QB has blunders in big games. And whether they’re self-inflicted or not is moot. This is the reality as the competition level increases. The question is did Tony ever have enough help to overcome his particular debatable blunders, or was Tony’s play ever particularly responsible for a big game loss. I think the answer is no. I think if Tony ever had a top 5 defense in the league, he likely would have a SB championship.
Really....the greased ball in Seattle?....the Cabo game?.....the losses in potential division clinchers?.....I'll stay away from the "ifs".

Cmac

Reaction score
It's really hard with quarterbacks. The team around a quarterback shouldn't be the determining factor. If Warren Moon is hall of fame, so is Tony Romo. Personally, I'm not sure either are. I also think Romo is better than Eli, yet his two rings might get him there. Romo stood out. That's all I can say. I think he's every bit as good as the hall of fame QBs that didn't get a ring save for Dan Marino.
Moon did play in a Championship game......that might hurt Romo…..Marino played in a SB.....that might hurt Romo. I just think a committee will grasp the "bad big games". He is similar to Favre.....but Brett has a SB and durability records & other records to go along.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Could he have really overcome Cabo? He did have a below-par game against the G-Men in a home playoff game, that followed.....and that became part of his "Big Game" failures. And Witt did travel, have fun, and giggled on the same trip in-between that playoff game. No big deal.....just think that hurt Romo (in the big scheme) about HOF chances.
Did you read the post I was responding to? I think the 2008 comment that circulated the following year hammered home the feelings Romo haters had. Cabo, golf, Jessica, wearing hat backwards just became things that his haters would use for years to come. They took it to show he doesn’t care about winning.

Flamma

Reaction score
Moon did play in a Championship game......that might hurt Romo…..Marino played in a SB.....that might hurt Romo. I just think a committee will grasp the "bad big games". He is similar to Favre.....but Brett has a SB and durability records & other records to go along.

Again, the hall of fame is an individual accomplishment. The super bowl is a team effort. But I realize quarterbacks are often rewarded for that anyway. Save for Dan Marino, I think Tony Romo was every bit as good as Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, and Fran Tarkenton. Throw in Jim Kelly too. Is he in the HOF? I don't know. I don't care if he got to 4 super bowls. Jim Kelly couldn't win one with that stacked Bills team, he's certainly not going to do any better on that Cowboys team Romo played for.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

@Idgit
I know, i know, Jesse is jealous or just doesnt like Garrett. Yes, this is a Garrett hate thread but Romo could've been a contender if Jerry gave him a real coach.

Revisionist history. If Romo is a Hall of Fame player, he needs to wait double the years of a real Hall of Fame player like Drew Pearson who truly deserved it.

Romo in the Ring of Honor? Yes, after Danny White and Cornell Green. But the Hall of Fame is just like the Ring of Honor. Its about who you know than what you accomplished. Romo knows Jerry so he will get what Jerry got undeservedly.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Hells Bells he is! Tony was one of the most feared and respected QB in his playing days. People will dog him and his backers because he never played in a SB or tore up the record books, what Tony brought to the NFL was his knowledge of the game, style of play, leadership, heart, guts, etc...... Tony was an undrafted cat who worked his *** off to better himself and the team he played on. First ballot HOF? No, I don't believe he is but I don't think he'll have to wait 10 - 20 years before he is voted in. GOOD LUCK TR!

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not in the Romo for HOF camp.

But anyone who ever even mentions Cabo as a factor in anything in any way loses all credibility with me.
That's shallow, no knowledge, fanboy stuff with zero awareness.

Let's see, you have two weeks until the next game, the team has played poorly down the stretch and the staff want everyone to please get away somewhere and re-enegergize

The facilities are closed to all team members for one week (though Garrett and Phillips say one player--Romo--bribed a staff member and managed to sneak in to study film before leaving) . Then facilities will re-open back up for a full week of practice before their next game.
Half or more of the team is going to Miami or Vegas to party and the other half is living in Dallas strip clubs for a week.

Milktoast Tony, who is one of the least partiers on the team, wants to just get away from NFL hoopla on a two hour flight (could've been anywhere two hours away) with his girlfriend and a few friends for a couple of days.
Again, this is a couple of days during an off week before a full week of practice coming up.

Get ****** serious.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Romo had real chances. At least 3 of them in 2007, 2009, and 2014. Just because the team didn’t win doesn’t mean they couldn’t have won.
Romo didnt take the game serious until his wife told him to do so.
Romo is a great game analyst.