Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

CWR

Reaction score
Were we not celebrating for Demarcus Ware when he finally got his in Denver?

Good for Demarcus but no I wasnt celebrating. Sorry when your here I cheer for you when your not I could care less. I love the players on the team but I root for the team. If Romo won on another team id be sick to my stomach and bitter that he didnt do it in Dallas not happy because screw Jerry.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Yeah, Jerry the GM has lucked his way into getting great players. If it wasn't for Quincy Carter smoking weed we would have cut Romo. If Moore didn't get hurt we would have seen very limited use of Dak in the preseason. If Romo is done for good, and I hope he's not, but if he is how bad does it have to be for Jerry to start making people feel uncomfortable? I know he'll never give up his GM job but I wonder if things can get bad enough he'll change his approach.
Not going to happen at his age. He will die trying to win a Super Bowl on HIS terms.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I don't see him retiring at all. We owe him big time money. At least next couple years he will likely be our starter. If not, he's a well paid veteran backup.

I'd lose a lot of respect for him if he just sits back and collects the paycheck.

CWR

Reaction score
I just informed the Romo bashers on my Facebook friends list that any gloating over this injury will result in getting blocked. I am fed up with it and will not deal with it. This freaking makes me sick.

Lol, you know better, stay off of Facebook for awhile.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
It's not that he has a broken bone in his back... heck he's missed just one game with that before (2014 the Cardinals).

The bigger issue is that while he very rarely gets hit playing behind the best offensive line in the NFL, however, his propensity to get badly hurt WHEN be does get hit is incredibly high.
We know the team was expecting this eventuality (although probably not this soon), because one of the stated reasons for drafting Elliott was that his presence would help the backup QB.

Gameover

Reaction score
That Ewing theory is about to kick-in like Jerry Flynn.. #googleit

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
About as bad luck as anyone can have. On a slide he gets injured by someone he can't even see. An injury that is in a new place from all the other ones. I don't care that Dak has been playing great for a rookie. He's still a rookie and being thrown to the wolves so to speak simply isn't an optimal situation. I'm beginning to believe someone has put a black magic curse on the franchise. It's the only rational explanation.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
After the NFL figures out DAK....Kellen is gonna come to rescue to save the season...Book it:D

Dak has yet to go through a progression and make a read....then make the right throw. Every throw is his first read. Teams are gonna start jumping routes...and the Ints will come in waves. :(

The only thing that Dak has going for himself...is his ability to run. I bet he's running alot now. Teams are gonna blitz the bejesus out of us now.

Plus it wouldn't shock me now...that we sit Dax vs Houston. You just don't risk him getting hurt in the season finally.:rolleyes:

wow floaty, you are apparently not watching the same Dak. Really, this entire post is wrong (with maybe the exception of teams blitzing alot because you always blitz rookie QBs - thats standard).

You have been apparently silenced about our need to "wait" for Kellen Moore due to Dak's performance up to this point, but somehow with Romo going down with injury somehow gives you reason to say that Dak has poor vision, doesn't read the field, has accuracy problems, and that the only thing he can do is run the ball well?????????????????????????? :huh:

Dak is the best performing rookie QB in this entire 2016 draft. I could go through a whole list of things where you are wrong, but let me just give you a pointer and that is if any NFL team offers you a job scouting talent, turn them down. (unless they are Commanders, Giants, Eagles :))

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dallas doesn't owe Romo any more guaranteed money.....if he retired they would not owe him a dollar and he would not owe them anything....he is making 8.5m this year and is scheduled to make 14m next year.......he has 19.6m in Dead Cap space after this year...... all of this may force Dallas to cut him as a post June 1st designee once he healthy next Spring....if he retires due to injury the full 19.6m dead money cap hit could hit next year.....it would actually be a savings of 5.1m off his scheduled cap hit if healthy and would take care of all the Dead Money in one year

He will go on the IR this year and get his full salary.....he can't go on the PUP since he practiced....one player a year is allowed to come off the IR after 6 weeks and that could be Romo.... we have around 8m in useable cap space right now before the Rule of 51 expires on Sept 8th....that is enough to get a decent QB2-3......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're 4-4 and the division leader is 5-3, I'd still call that in contention. At that point, if Romo is healthy, I still think a veteran qb would give you a better chance at a playoff run than a rookie, even a rookie who is the qb of the future.

I do get the skepticism that Romo can finish a season healthy at this point. But I'd still want him to take over in that scenario.

OK.

I disagree. I'm tired of this franchise's fate being tied to a quarterback who can't stay healthy. I don't mean that to sound cold, unfeeling, or unsympathetic, but this organization needs to start doing what they need to in order to ensure their future.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He did the franchise a favor and let them restructure his bonus and push it to out years.

No matter what happens, even if Tony never plays again, he should owe the Cowboys nothing.

Ignorance about contract structure tests it's head again