Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well @DandyDon52 your post you got roasted for the other day that led to 20 pages isn't looking that bad afterall!!! :)
Yeah lol that was major roast !
I may get what I wanted in Dak starting, but I hate to see Tony get hurt like that.
As I said, I wanted Romo to be a healthy ready to go bkup.
Also I said that it would be hard for tony to go 16+ games, but he got hurt before the season started, and I do think though
it was a freakish play, and doesnt mean tony is fragile, or cant keep playing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
scrambling in a preseason game?

None of the coaches were normal enough to let him know not to run? Romo himself was not smart enough to play like a robot in a game that means nothing? I am completely in shock that a man who had a season ending surgery can stupid enough to run in a preseason game.

2 Words....Doug Free:rolleyes:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Well, the time has come. It's time for Garrett and Linehan to actually earn their freaking paychecks. Put Dak in position to succeed. And that doesn't mean having him check down every time, let the dogs out.
As for Romo, and as I've said many times before, his body has taken too much. You can't keep pounding on a hurt body and expect it to hold up at his age. When I was 36, I had the mind of a 20 year old but the knee of a 60 year old. For his sake, I hope his wife gets into his head that it's time to retire. Imagine one hit paralyzing him or sending him into a wheel chair. Football isn't worth it man.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Romo's first real game action was against the Giants. Dark will debut against the same franchise.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I kinda see this happening too after watching him lobby so hard to go back in the Seattle game. Not to mention he looked to be in good spirits and moving fine during post game interviews

we'll have to see..

He was in good spirits after the 2013 Commanders game only to find out the next day he was done for the year and had played through a herniated disc.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Is there any way possible to get Romo's contract off of the cap? Retire, Cut, Trade? That is the best option.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
scrambling in a preseason game?

None of the coaches were normal enough to let him know not to run? Romo himself was not smart enough to play like a robot in a game that means nothing? I am completely in shock that a man who had a season ending surgery can stupid enough to run in a preseason game.

Its the only way Romo knows how to play football. Bill Parcells told everyone of Romo's tendencies. No coach after Parcells was strong enough to keep Romo grounded The coaches all hitched there wagons and lived and died with ROMO.

Romo biggest fault is he never learned to be a game manager. just wanted to be a playmaker.

shabazz

Reaction score
It is football and you cannot play scared. Tony did nothing wrong. The coaches did nothing wrong. Injuries happen. People need to stop trying to assign blame. Injuries are part of the game.

Cant we blame the strength and conditioning coaches? (sarcasm)

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah lol that was major roast !
I may get what I wanted in Dak starting, but I hate to see Tony get hurt like that.
As I said, I wanted Romo to be a healthy ready to go bkup.
Also I said that it would be hard for tony to go 16+ games, but he got hurt before the season started, and I do think though
it was a freakish play, and doesnt mean tony is fragile, or cant keep playing.

Had we not found Dak this would be awful at this time. However we did find him, and as unfortunate as it is Tony will be back. He's not out for the year. I think Dak can do this and do it well.

I'm at least kind of excited. Not happy about Tony, but at least it's not season over yet like last year!

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I hate qbs that throw the ball away or take a dive at the first sign of trouble (Tom Brady)but it's time for Tony to learn to throw the ball away or take a dive at the first sign of trouble.

And eli manning. He maybe goofy but he is smart enough never to put himself in danger of getting hit

shabazz

Reaction score
I'll have a shabby version just for you while I am trying to be an upstanding new citizen of CZ.

If it helps, I was thinking about some sarcastic things while being a good citizen.

Yeah I know, when I posted Lorenzons picture I was really thinking about Harambe

Western

Reaction score
Veteran QB who has medical issues, realizes the pocket is collapsing, gets happy feet, "panics", & tries to extend the play.
This ain't 2007, and Romo's schoolyard improvisation is not viable anymore -- the toll of the physical injuries overtime catches up & affects what made the player effective in the early years.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
This really sucks for Dak. Because he could have used the extra time to ease himself into the game more and not throw him out there. Hopefully it doesn't ruin our future QB.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
my hypothetical

2016: dak plays well. Romo gets healthy. dak continues to be the starter. romo backs him up the rest of the season

2017: dak/romo battle it out.

2018 romo retires regardless if hes been starter or not

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
This has been a rude wake-up call for everyone including Jerry who thought Romo had 4-5 more years. With him missing a good portion of the season for a second straight year this is looking like the beginning of the end for him.

Any rational fan knew Romo didn't have 5 years left in him. Regardless of what the eternal sunshine pumping owner insists.

Hopefully this is the end for him. I'm tired of holding my breath hoping that his rickety body can withstand routine sacks.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I felt it was a bonehead play and he should have just grounded the ball, who cares? However, it could be the opposite. When he felt it closing in on him, he may have felt more vulnerable where he was and instinctively took off to get in the open and get down. Or he felt the pressure to make a play out of nothing because of Footsteps.

There is only one fact I know for certain. Given the time, he would have protected himself because as competitive as he is, he didn't want to give up his job unless Footsteps took it away from him as he did Bledsoe. Do we think he would have been fighting to get back in if that had been Cassel or Weeden out there? If you get the chance, take a good long look at his body language and eyes when Dak was wowing everyone. Not saying he's not happy for him and mentoring him but show me the QB that wants to go out that way. Think he doesn't know that after Weeden and Cassell everyone was antsy to get Romo back. You can take a look around this forum or any other and that's a reflection of how many were ready for the next franchise QB. Do we think he's not aware of that?

I posted something like these "why", "what was he thinking" posts but the more I think about that and him, I really do think he was feeling pressure to perform and quieten the DakAttackers. He's never been through anything like this before. No Cowboys team has ever seen this. He wasn't a husband, father or mentor on that play, he was the QB doing what they do.

Dak has done nothing. No team has defensive schemes in August so until he does something in a game after Labor day I don't want to hear the hype

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dallas has to pay him the 8.5m for this year but after that they aren't obligated to pay him another dime

If he retires then he gets nothing, he can't try to change a 6 week fracture into a career ending injury

I said he'd be paid for this season....obviously he wouldn't be paid for years when he's not on the roster.

As far as changing a 6 week fracture into a career ending injury, I don't even know where you're going with that. Not sure if you're saying Tony's injury couldn't be considered career ending or what.