Romo is not the answer.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
jem88;1904580 said:
This is correct. People need to remember that many great QBs have struggled in the playoffs only to come good later in their careers. Peyton Manning is the most recent example, but Steve Young and Brett Favre also took several years to reach their playoff potential. Cowboy fans were spoiled by having a QB who was relentlessly efficient and verged on being perfect in the post-season (Aikman.)

Romo is not the problem for this team. Our problems are:

Cornerback, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton and our head coach. Why anybody would expect Wade Phillips to suddenly become a winning playoff coach next year is beyond me. A strong decision needs to be made. Maybe we need Lou Lamoirello as our GM.

This can also work two ways. Ppple seem to forget there have been quarterbacks that had stellar regular seasons and were simply playoff chokers throughout their whole career. So to compare romo to the guys who had success in the playoffs can also be a little mis-leading to others who think otherwise.

Boysboy

Reaction score
If you guys want to go back to the days of Quincy, Hutch, Wright, Vinny, Drew, etc.........

BRAVO!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;1904684 said:
If you guys want to go back to the days of Quincy, Hutch, Wright, Vinny, Drew, etc.........

BRAVO!
You're the one who wants to go back to this. Tony has been better than all those guys combined.

Cali'sFinest

Reaction score
Romo made this a 13-3 team in his second year as a starter (if you wanna count last year)...Not everyone is gonna win a superbowl in their first few years..Peyton couldn't "win the big game" for how many years? He finally did it last year.

& the loss yesterday wasn't all Romo's fault..EVERYONE on the team made CRUCIAL mistakes.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BALKIS;1904388 said:
Yeah it was with "30+" seconds left on the clock well enough time for him to throw a pass over the middle and get the first down and spike the ball for one or two more shots at the end zone from inside the 10. Again it was poor decision making on his part.

not on fourth down it wasn't, there was 17 seconds left on the clock when he hiked it and im pretty sure they weren't lolly gagging around

4miler

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;1900177 said:
Don't even go there. Danny took this team to three straight chamionship games. He won his first playoff game after the 1980 season. White even bailed Dallas out in the divisional round of the 1978 playoffs against Atlanta after Roger got KO'd. All a post like this proves is you don't have a clue:starspin

Here is a clue...White led the boys to how many championships?
I rest my case.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Outside of taking a couple of sacks instead of throwing the ball away, Romo played a very good game yesterday, considering the dropped balls and lack of protection in the second half.

Do we forget how many times he has bailed this team out this season?

Boysboy

Reaction score
4miler;1904751 said:
Here is a clue...White led the boys to how many championships?
I rest my case.

Not every QB gets a ring, sadly. Two words-Dan Marino.

jem88

Reaction score
windward;1904595 said:
So we could fire our coach before the playoffs every year?
That was a bit extreme, but it shows that the Devils will never accept mediocrity. Even if it doesn't always work, Lamiorello constantly takes a hard, cold look at his team and makes the necessary changes. The result? Three Stanley cups since 1995, with 3 different coaches.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
BALKIS;1904332 said:
Hmmmm...... He sure didn't look to pressured to me on that last throw of the football game when he threw that int & sealed it for the Giants.

It was 4th down and 10 seconds left, he had no choice but to throw it in the zone. He even said in his presser that normally you check that one down.

Problem was with 10 seconds left, anything caught in the field of play means game over.

Most of us learned this concept during pee wee ball. I guess you were absent that day or at home playing with your dolls.:)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
BALKIS;1904388 said:
Yeah it was with "30+" seconds left on the clock well enough time for him to throw a pass over the middle and get the first down and spike the ball for one or two more shots at the end zone from inside the 10. Again it was poor decision making on his part.

There was not 30 seconds left when he threw the pass into the zone, it was more like 10 seconds.

NICE AGENDA YOU HAVE GOING

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
BALKIS;1904417 said:
You're right it was the last play of the game only bc tony was to blind to see how much time was actually left on the clock. Little mental mistakes like this is something you don't wanna see from you're qb in late game situations. They need to be more wiser than this.

:rolleyes:

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Why is it so hard for guys to believe the fault always go back to the quarterback no matter what. Romo is not a lil boy anymore he's been in the league already 5 years. He's 0-2 in the playoffs and he's not going to get any better. He's already reached his highest potential. He's not going to get anymore mature and be that quarterback who learn to manage football games and throw the ball away when he he needs to in key situations. He will continue to take big sacks and cost the team 15 yards and a set of downs. I say go out and get one of these young up and coming qb's and make things harder for him. Show him were not going to let you think it's going to be some easy road to success here in dallas. This is what made him what he is when Bledsoe was here. He actually tried to be the best. Now with the fans and media giving him all the excuses and patch to the world he doesn't try to give it his all in the film room and study. For example just take the going off to mexico experience. If there were another stud qb on the roster he would think twice about taking vacations knowing if he gets caught pple would be calling for the other guy to replace him. He needs some competition in camp and i dont mean some old lanky vet. I wanna young qb in here to push him. I don't care if its in the draft or going out and getting quinn or anderson either something has to be done to wake this cocky big headed qb up.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BALKIS;1905137 said:
Why is it so hard for guys to believe the fault always go back to the quarterback no matter what. Romo is not a lil boy anymore he's been in the league already 5 years. He's 0-2 in the playoffs and he's not going to get any better. He's already reached his highest potential. He's not going to get anymore mature and be that quarterback who learn to manage football games and throw the ball away when he he needs to in key situations. He will continue to take big sacks and cost the team 15 yards and a set of downs. I say go out and get one of these young up and coming qb's and make things harder for him. Show him were not going to let you think it's going to be some easy road to success here in dallas. This is what made him what he is when Bledsoe was here. He actually tried to be the best. Now with the fans and media giving him all the excuses and patch to the world he doesn't try to give it his all in the film room and study. For example just take the going off to mexico experience. If there were another stud qb on the roster he would think twice about taking vacations knowing if he gets caught pple would be calling for the other guy to replace him. He needs some competition in camp and i dont mean some old lanky vet. I wanna young qb in here to push him. I don't care if its in the draft or going out and getting quinn or anderson either something has to be done to wake this cocky big headed qb up.

Oh look, my ignore button.:D

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1905144 said:
Oh look, my ignore button.:D

Thank-you at least you didn't resort to name-calling i gotta respect you for that. It's why we have the ignore buttons.