Romo is not the answer.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BALKIS;1899630 said:
He is not a quarterback who can win the big games anyone agree?

shut the hell up. go root for another team hes the DALLAS COWBOYS STARTING QUARTERBACK. if the defense didn't let them score with in 50 seconds we would have won.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;1900151 said:
If you don't want him, we'll take him.

POINT MADE...............yall forget the QBS we've had in recent past.....some want him to just go from 1st year starter to league MVP...pro bowl and super bowl now or he sux.......I say you suck as fans if you think this way ......teams take time to build...and there are about 28 or 29 teams who wished they had Romo including the giants ( even if they wont admit it)

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1899903 said:
Romo wasn't the problem today...in fact I dare say that a beautiful improvised pass right in the hands of Big Mouth Crayton that was dropped would have changed the game.

Sorry but Crayton gets any and all blame before Romo.

I do agree that Crayton should get some blame ,but he didn't let the gints score late in the first half and he didn't miss those tackles on Toomer on their first drive.

Crayton screwed the pooch I agree, But I'm afraid there's alot more blame to go around ,and I dare say Romo isn't in the top 5.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
It only takes one or two losses in the playoffs for everyone, from media to fans, to label a quarterback or head coach as someone who "can't win the big one." It is almost like blood in the water for sharks. Anyway, I don't think it is fair. Romo did not lose the game. He had no time to throw, simple as that.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;1904301 said:
It only takes one or two losses in the playoffs for everyone, from media to fans, to label a quarterback or head coach as someone who "can't win the big one." It is almost like blood in the water for sharks. Anyway, I don't think it is fair. Romo did not lose the game. He had no time to throw, simple as that.

Hmmmm...... He sure didn't look to pressured to me on that last throw of the football game when he threw that int & sealed it for the Giants.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
BALKIS;1904332 said:
Hmmmm...... He sure didn't look to pressured to me on that last throw of the football game when he threw that int & sealed it for the Giants.

It was 4th down with the game on the line. He had to throw the ball.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;1904363 said:
It was 4th down with the game on the line. He had to throw the ball.

Yeah it was with "30+" seconds left on the clock well enough time for him to throw a pass over the middle and get the first down and spike the ball for one or two more shots at the end zone from inside the 10. Again it was poor decision making on his part.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
Man, that is some serious hindsight right there. That was, for all intents and purposes, the last play of the game.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;1904398 said:
Man, that is some serious hindsight right there. That was, for all intents and purposes, the last play of the game.

You're right it was the last play of the game only bc tony was to blind to see how much time was actually left on the clock. Little mental mistakes like this is something you don't wanna see from you're qb in late game situations. They need to be more wiser than this.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Any Cowboy fan bailing on Romo needs to have his/her head examined. It is embarressing to be associated with a fan base that bails on its players so quickly.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BALKIS;1904388 said:
Yeah it was with "30+" seconds left on the clock well enough time for him to throw a pass over the middle and get the first down and spike the ball for one or two more shots at the end zone from inside the 10. Again it was poor decision making on his part.
There were :16 seconds on the clock not 30+ as you claim.

at the end of the play there were :9 seconds left no guarantee you get another play off, DIAF.

elcocinero

Reaction score
windward;1904518 said:
There were :16 seconds on the clock not 30+ as you claim.

at the end of the play there were :9 seconds left no guarantee you get another play off, DIAF.

Dude, nice avatar...

sago1

Reaction score
Don't agree at all. Romo has shown great talent in only his first full season as a starter. Most of the season he was better then any other QB not named Brady. We all know the Cowboys would only go as far as he could take us and he took us to 13-3 (tieing the Cowboys best record), won the NFC East and even first seed in the playoffs in the NFC. But he is still an inexperienced QB who makes mistakes. He bounced back from last 06 season/plaoyoff loss and was great for much of the 07 season. He'll bounce back in 08 season and will play even better in the upcoming season along with the added maturity he'll gain.

BTW: We never would have been the team of the 90s and had the great Triplets if you had your way cause you'd have cut Aikman any number of times before we won our first SB. Come on, how many years did it take for the great Peyton Manning to win his first (and only SB) and he was the first pick in the draft. Get a life.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Either you have the patience or you don't with him. Tony is now 0-2 in the playoffs and he made stupid mental errors (taking sacks instead of throwing it away, intential grounding) during crunch time that you see rookies make. I was dissapointed in Romo because I believe he is much better than what he showed. Of course it doesn't help when your receivers are dropping balls and stoping on their routes, but I have high expectations of Tony and believed he would lead us to victory. How many times did he do it in the regular season? I am being as patient as I can with him because I really, really enjoy him as a player and he seems like a good person, but he needs to start being a leader and when December and the playoffs come around, elevate his game instead of backtracking and playing like an undrafted free agent.

jem88

Reaction score
Doomsday;1904495 said:
Any Cowboy fan bailing on Romo needs to have his/her head examined. It is embarressing to be associated with a fan base that bails on its players so quickly.
This is correct. People need to remember that many great QBs have struggled in the playoffs only to come good later in their careers. Peyton Manning is the most recent example, but Steve Young and Brett Favre also took several years to reach their playoff potential. Cowboy fans were spoiled by having a QB who was relentlessly efficient and verged on being perfect in the post-season (Aikman.)

Romo is not the problem for this team. Our problems are:

Cornerback, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton and our head coach. Why anybody would expect Wade Phillips to suddenly become a winning playoff coach next year is beyond me. A strong decision needs to be made. Maybe we need Lou Lamoirello as our GM.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jem88;1904580 said:
This is correct. People need to remember that many great QBs have struggled in the playoffs only to come good later in their careers. Peyton Manning is the most recent example, but Steve Young and Brett Favre also took several years to reach their playoff potential. Cowboy fans were spoiled by having a QB who was relentlessly efficient and verged on being perfect in the post-season (Aikman.)

Romo is not the problem for this team. Our problems are:

Cornerback, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton and our head coach. Why anybody would expect Wade Phillips to suddenly become a winning playoff coach next year is beyond me. A strong decision needs to be made. Maybe we need Lou Lamoirello as our GM.
So we could fire our coach before the playoffs every year?

TroyEmmittAndMichael

Reaction score
I don't agree. I think he should shoulder most of the blame for this game, yes. However, I still have faith in him to clean up his game and improve his decision-making. He will win a SB with us.