Romo leaving really crippled us. Garrett has to change or leave

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Nobody cares about the lame crystal ball predictions from a phony fan in PA. “I don’t care what doctors say.” LOL. Enjoy your moving on to the worst Cowboys QB season in 15 years, troll.

What an asinine response. o_O
While you wish the Cowboys a terrible 2018 season, that single season cannot possibly surpass 11 seasons of Romo saying "we have to do better" in his patented late December post-defeat pressers.
You must be the guy (or gal) who does the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but with Phony Tony.
Ahoy, matey, the temperature is falling. Hug that Romo doll tight and whisper into Mr. Bobbles ear what might have been....
Steady as she goes, mate. Starboard aft, mate and unfurl the sheet....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With Romo gone it really crippled us, game play wise and mentally.

Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season.

With that being said, Garrett probably believes somewhere in his naive mind that it was him and his offense that looked so good, so tries and uses the same formula with Prescott hoping for the same results.

With Prescott we need to install gimmicky plays, rub routes, and wr friendly formations. Even the great Brady uses these type of plays, and I'm sure he doesn't need it.

Not comparing Romo to Brady, but he's not way out of the circle.

It just sucks, we abused Romo for so many years and never got him the help, and completely sold out for him, to at least try and win one. The only time we somewhat got aggressive was with TO, and Roy Williams. But he always had a bad Defense, and Bad O-Line until it was to late.

We will probably never Run into another talent and master of the game like Romo for another maybe 20 years, so we need to help Prescott and make things easy for him. He's not Romo, and this starts with Garrett, because Jerry isn't going anywhere

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With Romo gone it really crippled us, game play wise and mentally.

Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season.

With that being said, Garrett probably believes somewhere in his naive mind that it was him and his offense that looked so good, so tries and uses the same formula with Prescott hoping for the same results.

With Prescott we need to install gimmicky plays, rub routes, and wr friendly formations. Even the great Brady uses these type of plays, and I'm sure he doesn't need it.

Not comparing Romo to Brady, but he's not way out of the circle.

It just sucks, we abused Romo for so many years and never got him the help, and completely sold out for him, to at least try and win one. The only time we somewhat got aggressive was with TO, and Roy Williams. But he always had a bad Defense, and Bad O-Line until it was to late.

We will probably never Run into another talent and master of the game like Romo for another maybe 20 years, so we need to help Prescott and make things easy for him. He's not Romo, and this starts with Garrett, because Jerry isn't going anywhere

Prossman

Reaction score
Romo was a gunslinger. At time he looked like the goat, and at other times he was so bad it was heart breaking.So did brett farve, that's what gunslingers do. Tony played what 5 games in his last two years? something like that. So we draft Dak in the 4th round. he had NEVER played in a offense as a drop back passer. Not in colledge or high school. So as the 3rd string guy with minimal snaps everyone is gone and he gets the start. What he does is have the best rookie season for a QB EVER!!!! The first half of this season he was still on a roll. Then Tyron goes out, zeke gets suspended and he get sacked more in those games than in his first year and a half. He goes back to his old fundamentals, starts pushing the ball, trying to make things happen and it goes very badly. To top it off we are still running a offense that is custom designed to Romos strengths not His. Tony left his heart and soul out on that field. I will be forever grateful for what he did for the Dallas Cowboys, The way it ended for him sucked, but very few players careers end with a story book. Dak is off to a great start considering how much he had to learn and the impossible situation he was thrust into replacing a Cowboys fans Favorite. For whatever reason Romo lovers feel like they have to hate Dak Prescott. I don't get it. Dak is a natural born leader, a hard working kid that will bust his rear to improve his game. Im betting he will. Tony has moved on to the booth was fantastic at it. Exceptional no doubt. I for one am praying dak gets it right, because i remember the numerous dud qbs we went thru to find Tony Romo.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
with smith hurt,, that's like losing the whole team.. and Lee not playing sheesh.. how can you win with two guys hurt...

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I sure am so glad Romo won so many Super Bowls for us....oh wait...I loved Romo as much as anybody else who supports the star but man it's incredible how poor all of your memories are. Romo was a decent QB until his last couple of seasons when he really became great and even then he still never brought us anything other than heartbreak in the most impressive ways. I am not glad Romo is gone but it was time for him to hang it up, the guy played 5 games in 2 years before we moved on.
If Prescott isn't the future we will find someone else who is let's hope for all of our sakes he is because it will suck to go multiple years looking for a franchise QB.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
with smith hurt,, that's like losing the whole team.. and Lee not playing sheesh.. how can you win with two guys hurt...

Yeah no the question is how can you win with a poor coaching staff who doesn't prepare for injuries at key positions. Funny how other teams loose special players like we did and they somehow someway find a way to step it up and win games. Look at what the god forsaken Eagles overcame this year to win a SB. Hell even when we have our best players on the field our coaches find ways to loose games.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
or "we found QB coaches that can fix accuracy problems" I think their resume says, "we make impossible, possible"... lmao...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
or "we found QB coaches that can fix accuracy problems" I think their resume says, "we make impossible, possible"... lmao...
LOL, CC. I hope Kellen Moore seriously is able to help Dak, especially since Dak strongly endorsed him. If not, BOTH might be in trouble after 2018.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A little olive branch for all you teary nostalgic historians... Isn't it lovely? Super Bowl ready!

romo-walker.jpg
There is NO shame in your game! :laugh:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
With all due respect to Romo, he covered up a lot of shortfalls that are now being uncovered by having a different quarterback in there... I saw the same thing when Matt Castle, Brandon Weeden and Kyle Orton 9as far as seeing our true shortfalls). Basically Romo carried the team on his back...

DFWJC

Reaction score
If we had Aaron Rodgers instead of Tony Romo we'd have at least a ring or two buy now
What years would that be?

Rodgers is better, of course, but I think that's a stretch to say we'd have SB wins. He only has one with GB and our defenses were even crappier than his for most of those years.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

(sigh)....a great player
(sigh)....greatly underrated for a time; greatly overrated for a time
(sigh)....did some great things and put up impressive stats, yet threw some of the worst ints and made some of the worst decisions you've ever seen. Romo was another QB who needed a great run game (only had it one year), a great OL, only had it a short time, and a great defense (never saw one in the same uniform he was wearing. He could have run some SB winning drives if we hadn't relied on him so much. Eventually, he always made a bad decision, but that can be said about most QBs who threw the ball as much as he did.