Romo leaving really crippled us. Garrett has to change or leave

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Dak we would have had 2 wasted seasons in a row waiting for Romo to get better. He was one hit away from another one. Why would anyone want to waste another season on a QB that can't stay on the field? I don't care what doctors say. They said Romo was healthy going into 2016. It was time to move on.
Nobody cares about the lame crystal ball predictions from a phony fan in PA. “I don’t care what doctors say.” LOL. Enjoy your moving on to the worst Cowboys QB season in 15 years, troll.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He retired because they wouldn't let him compete for his starting spot again. I'm sure he would know better than anyone if Dak was the hands down better choice to lead the team and just seeing how Romo carried himself all these years, if Dak truly was, Romo would have stepped down without even asking for a chance to win his spot back. Why would he backup someone that he knows he's more talented than? That makes no sense from the standpoint of a true competitor.
He retired when he could have kept playing. This "open competition" excuse is brought up over and over, but so what? The team clearly has wanted and has gone younger. The staff and many fans all agree he wasn't able to take hits anymore. It's realistic to assume that Romo himself realized this and took another job. It happens to all older players. So why can't fans move on instead of assuming Romo would have done anything more that season he sat out? Why is it so hard to move on and except that Romo wasn't able to be relied on physically? I was a HUGE supporter when he could stay on the field. But it's not only ignorant but it's selfish to put him above the team. That season I even thought Romo could have been put back in, but it's out of our hands, plus we kept winning.
Again, if Romo himself is such a huge competitor and could stay on the field healthy, he would have not retired. Fans need to stop blaming everyone else but the man who made the decision himself.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Umm no

He got an injury that any other QB wouldve gotten had they been tackled that way.

But all is well. We have Rayne Prescott and Jason Garrett to help us win multiple ships! Go Cowboys!

It wasn't just one injury. He missed most of 2 full seasons because of injuries. Decisions to move on from long time veterans aren't always easy, and there is no crystal ball to guide the way. But any reasonable person had to understand that the team wasn't able to count on Romo for almost 2 seasons because of injuries, and that things looked promising for the QB position after the 2016 season Dak had. Tough decision for the Cowboys, and I understand not everyone agreed, but it was not an unreasonable decision.

Reactions: G2

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Oh, for sure...we'll all know by season's end...if he is a true franchise level quarterback or not, and if he is able to lead by his own strengths.
Its a shame we couldn't make it to the post season but beating up on Prescott is just wrong. I believe he will prove everyone wrong next season. Can he do everything? Not yet but give him a little time. At least another year or so. Most of these threads used to be about Romo, now they are about Dak. Not many teams get a Brady....ever. Give the kid (Dak) a break. 2 years ago he was the man. Last year he has a winning season but no playoffs and it is time to get a new qb. Come on guys. How about a little depth at a few key positions?

I also believe our D will be much better next year. We need to draft OL, DL, LB, WR...not in that order of course.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Its a shame we couldn't make it to the post season but beating up on Prescott is just wrong. I believe he will prove everyone wrong next season. Can he do everything? Not yet but give him a little time. At least another year or so. Most of these threads used to be about Romo, now they are about Dak. Not many teams get a Brady....ever. Give the kid (Dak) a break. 2 years ago he was the man. Last year he has a winning season but no playoffs and it is time to get a new qb. Come on guys. How about a little depth at a few key positions?

I also believe our D will be much better next year. We need to draft OL, DL, LB, WR...not in that order of course.

I didn't say anywhere that there were no socially redeemable features to Dak Prescott...he does have some work to his credit. He does show some natural inclination to fall off when under constant pressure. Great quarterbacks overcome and beat that technique to gain constant respect.

He does need to become more receiver friendly to receivers farther down the field...especially Dez Bryant.

He has to show progress there, to remain the leader of a pretty good offense, even now...

If a person points out actual points as to problems, try listening some. The NFL isn't a popularity contest, but a contest of challenge. Even Dak has to own up to his own challenges...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I didn't say anywhere that there were no socially redeemable features to Dak Prescott...he does have some work to his credit. He does show some natural inclination to fall off when under constant pressure. Great quarterbacks overcome and beat that technique to gain constant respect.

He does need to become more receiver friendly to receivers farther down the field...especially Dez Bryant.

He has to show progress there, to remain the leader of a pretty good offense, even now...

If a person points out actual points as to problems, try listening some. The NFL isn't a popularity contest, but a contest of challenge. Even Dak has to own up to his own challenges...
I really wasn't going after you, I just posted on your post. I see a lot of bashing on Mr. Dak on these boards and it so reminds me of the Romo bashing. Guess Dak will need to leave before he gets any love from some of the folks. I think he is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders and has a lot of promise. jmho As for the "try listening some", I have been married for 24+ years and my habit of selective hearing sometimes kicks in. Forgive me sir. :)

Big_D

Reaction score
Romo was crippled by the front office long before he was injured on the field. But the OP is right, there needs to be adjustments from 1 QB to the next. Dak will be ruined by this coaching staff also.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I really wasn't going after you, I just posted on your post. I see a lot of bashing on Mr. Dak on these boards and it so reminds me of the Romo bashing. Guess Dak will need to leave before he gets any love from some of the folks. I think he is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders and has a lot of promise. jmho As for the "try listening some", I have been married for 24+ years and my habit of selective hearing sometimes kicks in. Forgive me sir. :)

I was at Fort Knox, Ky as an Instructor at the Armor School, for about 12 years...between Viet Nam and Desert Storm.

But I do so understand selective listening from time to time...but I understand Hillbilly from that time.

Knock her down again, Pa...knock her down again...
Make her tell us why, Pa...she was out late last night...

Knock her down, again, Pa...knock her down again...
Make her tell us why Pa, she screamed with all her might...

(A Hillbilly song)

:)

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I was at Fort Knox, Ky as an Instructor at the Armor School, for about 12 years...between Viet Nam and Desert Storm.

But I do so understand selective listening from time to time...but I understand Hillbilly from that time.

Knock her down again, Pa...knock her down again...
Make her tell us why, Pa...she was out late last night...

Knock her down, again, Pa...knock her down again...
Make her tell us why Pa, she screamed with all her might...

(A Hillbilly song)

:)
Lol. I have been here for 20 plus years but born and lived in Dallas for 25. Really a Texan and livin in hillbilly land. Thank goodness I am not living in Philly. Thanks for serving. My son is a Marine. 20yrs old. Thanks again.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe Dak can get removed of his duties like Garrett. Jerry can find a good Qb to line up as a RB. Dak can hand the ball off and when it's time to throw the ball he can hand if off to the throwing QB....

Tell me that isn't a Jerry idea.......... "I don't want a throwing QB, I want a hand off QB. I'll use the real QB as a RB when we need to throw the ball"

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Nobody cares about the lame crystal ball predictions from a phony fan in PA. “I don’t care what doctors say.” LOL. Enjoy your moving on to the worst Cowboys QB season in 15 years, troll.
You must have missed the 2015 season. Maybe you were in a coma because of another freak injury to your goldenboy Romo. Same gibberish from you in every post. Troll yourself.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
peyton mannings neck fell off and he never played again too.

paytonbroke_neck.jpg

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You must have missed the 2015 season. Maybe you were in a coma because of another freak injury to your goldenboy Romo. Same gibberish from you in every post. Troll yourself.
And you must have missed that he played less than four games, which doesn’t qualify him for any leaderboards. Worst QB season in 15 years, hope you enjoyed it. And don’t forget to put me back on ignore before you doze off. You wouldn’t want me to think I’ve taken up residence in your skull after you supposedly put me on the ignore list, phony PA fan.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With Romo gone it really crippled us, game play wise and mentally.

Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season.

With that being said, Garrett probably believes somewhere in his naive mind that it was him and his offense that looked so good, so tries and uses the same formula with Prescott hoping for the same results.

With Prescott we need to install gimmicky plays, rub routes, and wr friendly formations. Even the great Brady uses these type of plays, and I'm sure he doesn't need it.

Not comparing Romo to Brady, but he's not way out of the circle.

It just sucks, we abused Romo for so many years and never got him the help, and completely sold out for him, to at least try and win one. The only time we somewhat got aggressive was with TO, and Roy Williams. But he always had a bad Defense, and Bad O-Line until it was to late.

We will probably never Run into another talent and master of the game like Romo for another maybe 20 years, so we need to help Prescott and make things easy for him. He's not Romo, and this starts with Garrett, because Jerry isn't going anywhere

Romo's leaving crippled us? So if he'd stayed we would not be crippled, going, on average, 8-8 and making the first round of the playoffs (1 and out) once every 5 years? That's your version/vision of success?
Boy howdy, mate! I never knew we had it this good for 11 years under Romo....

Frozen700

Reaction score
Romo's leaving crippled us? So if he'd stayed we would not be crippled, going, on average, 8-8 and making the first round of the playoffs (1 and out) once every 5 years? That's your version/vision of success?
Boy howdy, mate! I never knew we had it this good for 11 years under Romo....

You missed the whole point of the thread.

He crippled us in the sense, that he perfected Jason Garrett's flawed system, that Garrett believes he's the reason his system worked so well, when infact it was Romo.

Therefore he's forcing his crappy outdated offense on Dak, who isn't as sharp, smart, or talented as Romo

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You missed the whole point of the thread.

He crippled us in the sense, that he perfected Jason Garrett's flawed system, that Garrett believes he's the reason his system worked so well, when infact it was Romo.

Therefore he's forcing his crappy outdated offense on Dak, who isn't as sharp, smart, or talented as Romo
Oh, so Romo was brilliant and Dak and Jason are crap?
OK, matey, i must go now to ponder Romo's brilliancy at getting 2 first-round playoffs wins in 11 years and all those Super Bowl trophies.
Actually, Romo didn't do squat except fatten his wallet. And the Romonians cheered on ....