Romo = Manning

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2473108 said:
True but, you quoted him on this statement:

Not the mention the fact that he clearly states that he thinks we can still win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo.

Not sure how that translates into scrapping Tony Romo and going with someone else.

Who cares what quote it was I showed you and you want to argue about it. Yes I made an exaggerated statement why not many make the overreaction statements constantly. He thinks we can win the SB with Tony yet says he can't win the big game? what the hell is the SB?

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
anyways i am not going to argue with anyone on here i am just as pee-offed as the next true fan.....i was very happy with the way our D played.....
another thing that i cannot understand is why are we always getting injured...at least killa is back.....i know we will rebound from this loss and hand it to the gints.....

but it would of been a huge win and a huge step for morality in the locker room.....

superpunk

Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;2473144 said:
but it would of been a huge win and a huge step for morality in the locker room.....
Also if we could get them to stop banging hookers...

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
First off, I wish all the "he's only one guy, it's the whole team" crowd would come into the 21st Century. Yeah, he's only "one guy", but that "one guy" happens to be the ONLY GUY besides the center who touches the ball on every play. He's the "one guy" in control of every play. He's the "one guy" who decides on pass plays the direction of the play. He's the most important single player on ANY team sport, including catchers in BB.
It's a "if you can't take the heat" position. So yeah, HE'S the guy whose gonna be micro-analyzed, blamed and argued over (like we're seeing here all night).
How come, when the QB plays great and the offense shines and the team wins, you don't here nearly as much "it takes the whole team" stuff??? All you here THEN is "Brett Favre and HIS Green Bay Packers". Or, "The Tony Romo led Cowboys vs. the Manning led Giants".
Bottom line, is that Romo is, in large part responsible for these ridiculous and stupid loss's when much is on the line. Like I keep saying, if you put a highlight film together of Romo's career so far, what would it be? Clearly, it would be a hodge-podge buffet of flubs, mistakes, wild adventures (usually in our own end zone with the ball ending up on the ground), and INT's to wide open corner backs. He provides just enough bling and just enough stats to keep the kool-aid drinkers on board. But, just when you need him the most.....................well, you know.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473041 said:
I don't think his teammates doubt him, they know what things were like before Romo took over and when Romo was injured. He had a bad game, nothing more than that but I'm sure you can't see that.
Yes, I know, and he had a bad game against the Commanders earlier this year, and against Seattle in the playoffs in '06, Philly in the division-deciding game late in '06, in the Giants playoff game last year.....

And if he chokes again next week, some will be saying it was just a bad game.

His December record speaks for itself. At this point, it isn't "baseball stats", it's the way it is. Romo has to reverse that. Until he does, I'm skeptical.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
gazjor1;2472980 said:
The less than charasmatic QB of the Giants looked the part when he finally beleived he could win the big games, and that wasnt until week 17 of last season, as soon as Romo gets that big game win he will play with a more fervent energy and self-beleif that will rub off on all his team again.

This starts next week.

wishfull thinking but you will see like the rest of us who has been down thisroad before .... this team is a heartbreak again just waiting to happen....
we will beat the giant's beat the Ravens and choke in Philly...sorry I have seen this story tie and time again.....I hope this guy proves me wrong but.....
When you QB says no one will remember me in 10 years, he's right he's a nice player an adaquate QB but make's too many stupid mistakes...I really wanted t like this guy ......But after yesterday..I cant keep taking int after every single game after game after game.....ah im still sick .......

Silverstar

Reaction score
Eli Manning lost his first 2 playoff games.

Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games.

Even the great John Elway lost his first 3 playoff games.

Gotta keep things in perspective....Romo will deliver.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
The Problem Is Guys...our Window Of Opurtunity Is Closing.....
I Know Our Players Our Young ....but Thses Coaches Will Not Be Around Too Long And When You Bring In A New Regime Things Change....
I Like Most Of Us Hate Our 3-4 Defense.....it Is Working Well Now And If We Can Sustain And Keep It Going Be A Bend But Not Break Defense We Will Be Fine.....but Romo Has To Get Better.....as Well As Red Needs To Call A Better Game.....

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Silverstar;2473316 said:
Eli Manning lost his first 2 playoff games.

Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games.

Even the great John Elway lost his first 3 playoff games.

Gotta keep things in perspective....Romo will deliver.
I hope you're correct.

One thing none of those 3 had was a competitive advantage like Romo had last season. For the most part, they were just wild card teams lost in the scrum.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2472987 said:
I don't think Romo doubts himself, it seems the only ones who do our fans.

+1. Romo could win 4 Super Bowls in a row, and come out in a game against New England or something in 2012, throw 3 picks, and the people here will post things like "BRING BACK BLEDSOE" and "IN HENSON WE TRUST".

True fans ride or die with their team!! LETS GO COWBOYS CRUSH THE MIDGETS!:starspin

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
And Right Now We Are Dying With Them.....hopefully They Can Cripple The Gints....and Get Rolling For The Playoffs.......

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
manning has better coaches, better pedigree and doesn't seem to want to be the celebrity QB which Romo now is the poster-boy of.

he's also orchestrated a huge superbowl-winning drive, something Jessica's-choke-artist hasn't and won't likely do.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why do people act like Tony Romo has never won any big games. Granted he's not as good...but he's had crappy games when we've won and won games that mattered.

Look at GB last year, Philly earlier this year. We play at least 6 big games a year, and he usually does fine. This big game thing is overblown IMO.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Future;2473546 said:
Why do people act like Tony Romo has never won any big games. Granted he's not as good...but he's had crappy games when we've won and won games that mattered.

Look at GB last year, Philly earlier this year. We play at least 6 big games a year, and he usually does fine. This big game thing is overblown IMO.

Big game to me = You go into the game knowing that if you lose you're pretty much done...

That said, see my sig.

He didn't go into the game yesterday knowing that we would still be very much alive in the WC hunt win or lose.

WarC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473556 said:
Big game to me = You go into the game knowing that if you lose you're pretty much done...

That said, see my sig.

He didn't go into the game yesterday knowing that we would still be very much alive in the WC hunt win or lose.

When Romo took center on that final drive, it was in my mind that Romo was totally in control. It was a classic QB situation, two minute drive, score and win...It was on his shoulders. His to win. His to take control. A potentially epic win and a firestarter for the team, after the defense played absolutely lights out all game. Something to build playoff momentum on.

And then it happened. He tossed that INT. I'm amongst the Romo doubters this week, and I've never been there before this last game. His demeanor and body language at that point was the antithesis of an NFL QB, and it showed in the outcome.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WarC;2473602 said:
When Romo took center on that final drive, it was in my mind that Romo was totally in control. It was a classic QB situation, two minute drive, score and win...It was on his shoulders. His to win. His to take control. A potentially epic win and a firestarter for the team, after the defense played absolutely lights out all game. Something to build playoff momentum on.

And then it happened. He tossed that INT. I'm amongst the Romo doubters this week, and I've never been there before this last game. His demeanor and body language at that point was the antithesis of an NFL QB, and it showed in the outcome.

But you do not question Witten on the play? Witten pointed the finger at himself on that play as if he did not run the play as he needed.

WarC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473631 said:
But you do not question Witten on the play? Witten pointed the finger at himself on that play as if he did not run the play as he needed.

I heard that he was blaming himself for slipping, I haven't seen the play since the game. I turned the game off at that point and went downstairs to wail on the punching bag awhile. If it was his ***-up then it changes responsibility for the last INT, but it doesn't change that Romo just couldn't deliver yesterday, with the turnovers and his body language and our inability to create drives the last two times we had the ball, when it counted.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473631 said:

People just continue to amaze me. He has 3 int's and the Wr/TE did not continue to run the route on two of them and somehow Romo can't win the big game.

Football is a team sport you freakin idiots. One person did not determine the outcome of this game and one person did not cost us 4 turnouvers. If Proctor blocks his man Romo does not have to release a fraction early when Witten slips and he would have held it.

I would love to punch a few of these people in the face.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WarC;2473645 said:
I heard that he was blaming himself for slipping, I haven't seen the play since the game. I turned the game off at that point and went downstairs to wail on the punching bag awhile. If it was his ***-up then it changes responsibility for the last INT, but it doesn't change that Romo just couldn't deliver yesterday, with the turnovers and his body language and our inability to create drives the last two times we had the ball, when it counted.

Romo had a bad game I have said that ample times today but while he did not lead us from behind in this game he has shown the ability to do so in other games. It hurt to lose that game but for fans to come dumping on Romo and acting like the guy can't play is ridicules. Yes some were on Romo and yes some were on TO as in the 1st int when he stopped on the rout or the last where was Witten going he stops and moves forward but the ball was going to the outside and then Witten points at himself as he is walking off the field. No doubt there were throws clearly on Romo and I’m not taking that blame away from him. As for body language sorry I'm not getting into that crock, his body language was like any other player who just had a big play goes against him.