Romo = Manning

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
I am a huge Romo fan, he is by far the best QB we have had since Troy but he has to take it to the next level now. He is doing things that he normally does in a game and opponents like the Steelers aren't going to be surprised by that and will be expecting it. He needs to do some things a little bit differently now to keep the opponents guessing. Sort of like he needs to think outside the box.

I am not saying he needs to totally change his game but he can't be the same QB that does the same things week in and week out. It works against the Seattle's and San Fran's but often it won't work against the Pitt's, NYG's. Some of this is on the coaches (Jason Garrett) to point out and help him with this and some of it is on Romo to figure out that he isn't fooling these teams and they have a good idea of what he is doing or wants to do.

Thomas82

Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;2473087 said:
i concur with you......the only clutch romo has is in his pick up truck......
with all this being said i still think we can win a super bowl with him but our defense has to play a full 60 mins...not 52 mins...and we need to get T.O the ball.....

Man, that was wrong. :laugh2:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2474179 said:
Were any of those games "win or go home" games or was there a prospect of playing another game the following week? He went into the game yesterday knowing that it was win or watch the playoffs from the couch. (and he came up typical especially in the first 30 minutes) :rolleyes:
There is a prospect of another game and it wasn't "win or go home" yesterday.

We are in the playoffs right now as of today.

By your definiton this wasn't a "big game" and can be lumped in with the others.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
bootsy;2474184 said:
I am a huge Romo fan, he is by far the best QB we have had since Troy but he has to take it to the next level now. He is doing things that he normally does in a game and opponents like the Steelers aren't going to be surprised by that and will be expecting it. He needs to do some things a little bit differently now to keep the opponents guessing. Sort of like he needs to think outside the box.

I am not saying he needs to totally change his game but he can't be the same QB that does the same things week in and week out. It works against the Seattle's and San Fran's but often it won't work against the Pitt's, NYG's. Some of this is on the coaches (Jason Garrett) to point out and help him with this and some of it is on Romo to figure out that he isn't fooling these teams and they have a good idea of what he is doing or wants to do.

Excellent points!

Every QB goes through some adversity during a game.
Witness Big Ben yesterday- he wasn't exactly lighting it up
to start the game.

What distinguishes a QB is what he does when the OPPORTUNITY
to win presents itself.
Eli could $UCK MOOSE B*LLS the entire game, & often does.
But if the defense keeps it close, you need your Qb to lead the
team down the field when it matters. Thats where Eli has proven
to be better than Tony.
Really, it's the only area!

Romo puts up all these great numbers, & looks like a HOF'er while
doing it. But who cares about that, if he can't close the deal when necessary?
Consider how Big Ben led his team on that game-tying drive yesterday.
Or Eli, on that Supe winning drive last season.
And yes, even the Elways, Staubachs, Bradys, Montanas, & Aikmans,
had bad games that were saved by some last minute heriocs!

Until Tony can engineer some game-winning, clutch drives,
in VERY meaningful games, on a fairly consistent basis-
he'll always be a question mark!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
windward;2474291 said:
There is a prospect of another game and it wasn't "win or go home" yesterday.

We are in the playoffs right now as of today.

By your definiton this wasn't a "big game" and can be lumped in with the others.

As I have stated more than once today... but I will rinse/repeat for you...

He went into the Steeler game knowing it was win or miss the playoffs. (at least that's what he thought as did everyone else on this board and around the world..) He had no idea things would shake out the way they did yesterday with regard to playoff slotting. Then he proceeded to lay a humongous egg. I'm sorry if you can't see it. Dude is creating a legacy that most would prefer not to entertain. Mr. Aw Shucks had better wake the %$%3 up before his window of opportunity closes up on him and all he has left to show for it is some old holy Jessica Simpson undies.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DIAF;2473079 said:
Clutch? CLUTCH? When has Romo ever stepped up when it matters?

Romo may excel at much and be many things.............but clutch is not one of them.

depends on definition of when it matters, the Commander game mattered, the Buffalo and Detroit comebacks, those games he stepped up, the Eagle game earlier this year, the Packer game this and last year etc

now if you say it's only in games where we lost that he didn't step up, then yes you are right

30yrheel

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2474847 said:
depends on definition of when it matters, the Commander game mattered, the Buffalo and Detroit comebacks, those games he stepped up, the Eagle game earlier this year, the Packer game this and last year etc

now if you say it's only in games where we lost that he didn't step up, then yes you are right

when he's clutch in late dec. and jan., then we'll believe.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is just a bumbling fool late in the year. Don't know why, don't care - he just is.