Romo = Manning

WarC

Reaction score
aikemirv;2473662 said:
I would love to punch a few of these people in the face.

LOL

Let me savor that for a moment.

How about that throw to R. Williams in the end zone? It took Romo forever to find the guy, he looks his way once on the run, looks back to his other reads, then zeroes in on Williams a second time and tosses it left handed completely out of reach. That was an easy TD and one of many, many plays where there were wide open receivers with arms-a-wailin' waiting for Romo to see 'im.

Look - of course its a team game - And you can blame anything from coaching on down to individual players down to individual plays down to single slips or single missteps. But the fact is Romo was missing wide open receivers all damn day yesterday and if connects on a few more of those throws we're looking at a win.

The Cowboys scored 13 points yesterday. 13 points. After watching that game you honestly don't think Romo was a big part of that lackluster performance?

I love the guy - He's from Wisconsin for christ's sake, I want him to be the best and go down in history leading the team I love - But he didn't play like it yesterday. He just didn't show up, bottom line.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
aikemirv;2473662 said:

That would be an interesting move on your part and surely a great spectacle for onlookers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2473662 said:
People just continue to amaze me. He has 3 int's and the Wr/TE did not continue to run the route on two of them and somehow Romo can't win the big game.

Football is a team sport you freakin idiots. One person did not determine the outcome of this game and one person did not cost us 4 turnouvers. If Proctor blocks his man Romo does not have to release a fraction early when Witten slips and he would have held it.

That is the problem that some do not get, not all ints are on the QB, having said that yes some of the plays were on Romo and as the saying goes the QB gets too much credit when you win and too much blame when you lose seems to be holding true. Overall Romo play yesterday was not very good and that contributed a lot to the loss but it was not on Romo alone. I fully expect Romo and the team to bounce back this coming weekend

WarC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473674 said:
As for body language sorry I'm not getting into that crock, his body language was like any other player who just had a big play goes against him.

It was just a distinct impression I got with the cameras following him around shortly before he went under center for that last drive. Could almost see the guy's shoulders dipped forward in that passive posture that screams "no confidence". I know its just an observational thing that could be construed or analyzed many different ways. But it put the thought into my head before it even happened, that that drive was not going to end well.

People talk about QBs who stand tall in those moments - QBs that savor those moments. Like Favre or Elway, guys that WANT to be put into that exact situation Romo found himself in yesterday with a little less than two minutes to go in the game, backed up on his own 15. He just didn't look, to me, like a guy that "wanted" to be there in that position in that moment in time.

I realize thats the kind of moment when your looking for Hercules, and its hard to ask for a super hero in that kind of condition where 99% of us would be seriously feeling the heat...But thats the kind of composure that leads to championships and dynasties.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473631 said:
But you do not question Witten on the play? Witten pointed the finger at himself on that play as if he did not run the play as he needed.

Yeah. Romo's first half play is all Witten's fault. :rolleyes: Let me remind you...

1st half QB rating: Less than 20

Final QB rating: less than 45

His first half was ridiculous. What are the excuses for that?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WarC;2473698 said:
It was just a distinct impression I got with the cameras following him around shortly before he went under center for that last drive. Could almost see the guy's shoulders dipped forward in that passive posture that screams "no confidence". I know its just an observational thing that could be construed or analyzed many different ways. But it put the thought into my head before it even happened, that that drive was not going to end well.

People talk about QBs who stand tall in those moments - QBs that savor those moments. Like Favre or Elway, guys that WANT to be put into that exact situation Romo found himself in yesterday with a little less than two minutes to go in the game, backed up on his own 15. He just didn't look, to me, like a guy that "wanted" to be there in that position in that moment in time.

I realize thats the kind of moment when your looking for Hercules, and its hard to ask for a super hero in that kind of condition where 99% of us would be seriously feeling the heat...But thats the kind of composure that leads to championships and dynasties.

And in many games Romo has come back to pull out games but did not yesterday. Guess what Elway, Favre and Staubach did not always come back either in those situation. Some days it just does not happen and that was the case. It seems many are letting their own emotions get the better of them right.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
WarC;2473602 said:
When Romo took center on that final drive, it was in my mind that Romo was totally in control. It was a classic QB situation, two minute drive, score and win...It was on his shoulders. His to win. His to take control. A potentially epic win and a firestarter for the team, after the defense played absolutely lights out all game. Something to build playoff momentum on.

And then it happened. He tossed that INT. I'm amongst the Romo doubters this week, and I've never been there before this last game. His demeanor and body language at that point was the antithesis of an NFL QB, and it showed in the outcome.

i told my friend whom i watched the game with - a pitt fan - watch here comes a pick 6, it won't go to OT.

you could see it coming a mile away - well unless you're a dope like our coaches.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WarC;2473678 said:
LOL

Let me savor that for a moment.

How about that throw to R. Williams in the end zone? It took Romo forever to find the guy, he looks his way once on the run, looks back to his other reads, then zeroes in on Williams a second time and tosses it left handed completely out of reach. That was an easy TD and one of many, many plays where there were wide open receivers with arms-a-wailin' waiting for Romo to see 'im.

Look - of course its a team game - And you can blame anything from coaching on down to individual players down to individual plays down to single slips or single missteps. But the fact is Romo was missing wide open receivers all damn day yesterday and if connects on a few more of those throws we're looking at a win.

The Cowboys scored 13 points yesterday. 13 points. After watching that game you honestly don't think Romo was a big part of that lackluster performance?

I love the guy - He's from Wisconsin for christ's sake, I want him to be the best and go down in history leading the team I love - But he didn't play like it yesterday. He just didn't show up, bottom line.

Ridiculous. Why was the ball in his left hand?

Another idiotic comment. It was in his left because the defender was so close that he would have swatted a pass from his right.

That is my point exactly with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473712 said:
And in many games Romo has come back to pull out games but did not yesterday.

How many of them were as big as yesterday's game? In terms of establishing momentum for the playoffs and inspiring the team. IMO Romo's biggest comeback was that game in Buffalo, but that game was played practically in a void - Nothing was riding on it except the oppertunity to shine on primetime TV.

Romo is quickly gaining a reputation as the sort of star QB who cannot finish in the big games - Whether or not its fair, losing the big games is way more conspicuous than pulling it out in an average regular season game. The same sort of rep the Manning brothers endured until they got the monkey off their back. Romo's still gotta prove it. I hope he does!

interestedobserver

Reaction score
I love message boards. Yesterday Romo was the league MVP despite missing three games. He isn't. Today the guys a bum. He isn't. He's a good QB who is still learning. Trying to beat Pitt at home is tough to do even for the best. The real sin was losing to St Louis.

WarC

Reaction score
aikemirv;2473732 said:
That is my point exactly with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the quantity of exclamation points in direct relation to your desire to knock someone out?

I didn't criticize the fact that he threw it left handed, except to point out that it flew like a wounded duck entirely out of reach. The point is he missed the read until it was too late...If he had seen it earlier, he might have been able to get it off with his right hand in time. It's just the obvious example of the type of tunnel vision he displayed alot during the game, missing wide open receivers.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WarC;2473781 said:
Is the quantity of exclamation points in direct relation to your desire to knock someone out?

I didn't criticize the fact that he threw it left handed, except to point out that it flew like a wounded duck entirely out of reach. The point is he missed the read until it was too late...If he had seen it earlier, he might have been able to get it off with his right hand in time. It's just the obvious example of the type of tunnel vision he displayed alot during the game, missing wide open receivers.

:lmao2:

aikemirv is a good guy but the bold is funny.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DIAF;2473079 said:
Clutch? CLUTCH? When has Romo ever stepped up when it matters?

Romo may excel at much and be many things.............but clutch is not one of them.

Ummm...lets see in New York his first year starting (after he'd taken over for Bledsoe) when we needed the win to stay in the playoff hunt.

Buffalo last season. Despite an AWFUL game he was clutch in the end getting us the score and then after we got the onside getting us into field goal position to win the game.

Last year against Detriot when we were down by 13 late in the fourth and he led us on 3 straight drives to take the lead (I say three cause he led us down there to the one where Witten fumbled and forced him to have to lead us back down there again).

How about against Philly earlier this year? In a shoot out where we needed him to make big plays in the second half to win the game he did just that.

Arizona this year. Down by 10 with like 3 minutes left and he helped get us 10 points to tie the ball game. (Of course a lot of that was due to Barber, granted)

Those are examples of big regular season games that he's come through when we've needed him too.

Silverstar;2473316 said:
Eli Manning lost his first 2 playoff games.

Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games.

Even the great John Elway lost his first 3 playoff games.

Gotta keep things in perspective....Romo will deliver.

Don't do that. Don't try and interject facts from the history of the league, and some logic, into a pointless rant session.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WarC;2473781 said:

its funny to me.

Most qbs I bet 90% of them would have been sacked on that play in the pocket.

But not ours. He actually makes guys miss, outruns two linebackers and then displays his special sucktitude.

People are mental. Put peyton or eli, phillip rivers, carson palmer, tom brady under center on that play and they get sacked.

WarC

Reaction score
theebs;2473826 said:
its funny to me.

But not ours. He actually makes guys miss, outruns two linebackers and then displays his special sucktitude.

People are mental. Put peyton or eli, phillip rivers, carson palmer, tom brady under center on that play and they get sacked.

lol, ayuh, you gotta give him that, he's as elusive as a greased monkey back there and most guys probably would have been sacked.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WarC;2473781 said:

The quantity of exclamation points is in relation to the stupidity of the post. If Romo keeps it in his right hand we would be talking about another turnover in the red zone. Instead we make it into a bonehead where he was under pressure, could not throw with his right and somehow you know Roy was open earlier in the play to the extent he was when you saw him in the frame. All this time Romo is running for his life.

The punch in the face is not to knock someone out just so they maybe will shut their piehole for a change

theebs;2473826 said:
its funny to me.

Bingo!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473024 said:
The apologists will continue to dismiss posts like this until the next QB is in the saddle in big D. I have supported and loved Romo since day one. Hell, I was pissed week after week during the season where they started Bledsoe for 4 weeks before getting Romo in. That said, Romo is continuing to prove time and time again that he cannot step up to the big stage. He is a great QB when true pressure isn't on. He will get you the numbers and look all worldly when doing so. However, when set upon the stage where it's all on the line, he has choked every single time... :rolleyes:

I'm tired of seeing it and have adopted a new attitude towards Romo as of yesterday. I'll root for my Boys despite the knowledge that their QB probably won't get then a Lombardi during his tenure.
And you know this how?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2473813 said:
Ummm...lets see in New York his first year starting (after he'd taken over for Bledsoe) when we needed the win to stay in the playoff hunt.

Buffalo last season. Despite an AWFUL game he was clutch in the end getting us the score and then after we got the onside getting us into field goal position to win the game.

Last year against Detriot when we were down by 13 late in the fourth and he led us on 3 straight drives to take the lead (I say three cause he led us down there to the one where Witten fumbled and forced him to have to lead us back down there again).

How about against Philly earlier this year? In a shoot out where we needed him to make big plays in the second half to win the game he did just that.

Arizona this year. Down by 10 with like 3 minutes left and he helped get us 10 points to tie the ball game. (Of course a lot of that was due to Barber, granted)

Those are examples of big regular season games that he's come through when we've needed him too.

Don't do that. Don't try and interject facts from the history of the league, and some logic, into a pointless rant session.
Great points. But now the new talking points from the Anti-Romos is that he can't win big games in December.

I'm not sure, though, since he beat an Atlanta team to secure a playoff berth, engineered a comeback against the Lions to clinch the division, beat a red-hot Packers team and a scrappy Panthers team on a bum thumb.

Yet he allegedly can't do any of that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
windward;2473974 said:
And you know this how?

Call it a hunch (or whatever else you decide to name it). The future is becoming clearer and clearer with every pivotal game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
windward;2474002 said:
Great points. But now the new talking points from the Anti-Romos is that he can't win big games in December.

I'm not sure, though, since he beat an Atlanta team to secure a playoff berth, engineered a comeback against the Lions to clinch the division, beat a red-hot Packers team and a scrappy Panthers team on a bum thumb.

Yet he allegedly can't do any of that.

Were any of those games "win or go home" games or was there a prospect of playing another game the following week? He went into the game yesterday knowing that it was win or watch the playoffs from the couch. (and he came up typical especially in the first 30 minutes) :rolleyes: