Romo Must Man Up...

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Cbz40;2330895 said:
Tony was knocked down 19 times today...yes...19 time today...Hell yes..let's blame Tony....Man up son.

There were plenty of chances for Romo to be knocked down last year too, only then, he ran and made plays when the pocket broke down. His pass to Tony Curtis against the Giants in the first game was a perfect example. This is the same O-line, doing the same things. He's not doing the same things.

He's not the problem with this team, but he's a part of it and he should get his share of being responsible. He's not playing like he played last year at all.

It's obvious by watching him, he admitted to trying to change and this has made things difficult for him.
He made that choice.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
the only thing I noticed about Romo that was different or "off" was that quick release he has...or had. He had a few "wind-up" kinda throws today.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
vta;2330952 said:
There were plenty of chances for Romo to be knocked down last year too, only then, he ran and made plays when the pocket broke down. His pass to Tony Curtis against the Giants in the first game was a perfect example. This is the same O-line, doing the same things. He's not doing the same things.

He's not the problem with this team, but he's a part of it and he should get his share of being responsible. He's not playing like he played last year at all.

It's obvious by watching him, he admitted to trying to change and this has made things difficult for him.
He made that choice.

That's undeniable. Tony has some issues to correct.

But, AGAIN...the OP said Tony should take the blame for this loss.

I just can't help but laugh.

I mean, DABOYZ, did you actually watch the game or did you tivo only offensive plays?

DABOYZ

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2330866 said:
Are you fricken serious? Wow...just...wow. You know what? I hate to lose as much as anyone else. This is football folks every game won't be a win. Romo took some hard , hard hits today...so don't say he didn't play with heart. If he can get back up some 11 times...he has heart. Could this team be better than what we have seen lately? Of course they can.
This is what we have for this season...these are the players and coaches we have this year. So are you a Cowboy fan or what? Lets root them on and hope they can over come their trials and injuries and become the great team we know they are.
I got excited in this game..they rallied back and the Barber touchdown was thrilling. The field goal by folk..the time out that didn't shake him. Remember last year....split the up rights twice for 51 yards after a time out call.
winning the toss in overtime...I was up and down and hooping and hollering.
Yes, the loss saddened me....but the game was exciting...and thats another great thing about football. Cause if you can't ever get excited over a ball game win or lose......why even watch it!:starspin :starspin :starspin

If you want excitement go watch youth football. Keep in mind Jerry paid ALOT of money to get this team a playoff win at least. Use all the words you want, thrilling, exciting, hooping, and hollering etc.... Ummmm we still lost.
As for being a Cowboy fan.

Im not sure if you know this or not but Expectations for the DALLAS COWBOYS are through the roof and for those who can't handle the heat maybe you just don't understand what a REAL COWBOY FAN is. Nothing that is said on this board will ever compare to the bashing ROMO will take tomorrow on Dallas Radio stations. So get over it.

wood28

Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;2330972 said:
the only thing I noticed about Romo that was different or "off" was that quick release he has...or had. He had a few "wind-up" kinda throws today.

confidence too, he looks scare in the past 3 games.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2330866 said:
Are you fricken serious? Wow...just...wow. You know what? I hate to lose as much as anyone else. This is football folks every game won't be a win. Romo took some hard , hard hits today...so don't say he didn't play with heart. If he can get back up some 11 times...he has heart. Could this team be better than what we have seen lately? Of course they can.
This is what we have for this season...these are the players and coaches we have this year. So are you a Cowboy fan or what? Lets root them on and hope they can over come their trials and injuries and become the great team we know they are.
I got excited in this game..they rallied back and the Barber touchdown was thrilling. The field goal by folk..the time out that didn't shake him. Remember last year....split the up rights twice for 51 yards after a time out call.
winning the toss in overtime...I was up and down and hooping and hollering.
Yes, the loss saddened me....but the game was exciting...and thats another great thing about football. Cause if you can't ever get excited over a ball game win or lose......why even watch it!:starspin :starspin :starspin
The lady takes the boys to school.

Nice job.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2331033 said:

I mean, DABOYZ, did you actually watch the game or did you tivo only offensive plays?

I will provide you with a link Aikmaniac.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=281012022

Yes I watched it. The real question is did you watch the entire game or only the two drives in which you want to blame the defense?
Our D gave up two TD's. Thats it. Provide evidence before you start rambling about something you can't support.

Heck I don't own a Tivo. Tivo=Guys who can't catch things the first time around.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2331033 said:

That's fair. The whole team is responsible and they don't need to man up and say anything, they just need to get their heads straight in regard to playing up to their own strengths.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
DABOYZ;2331082 said:
If you want excitement go watch youth football. Keep in mind Jerry paid ALOT of money to get this team a playoff win at least. Use all the words you want, thrilling, exciting, hooping, and hollering etc.... Ummmm we still lost.
As for being a Cowboy fan.

Im not sure if you know this or not but Expectations for the DALLAS COWBOYS are through the roof and for those who can't handle the heat maybe you just don't understand what a REAL COWBOY FAN is. Nothing that is said on this board will ever compare to the bashing ROMO will take tomorrow on Dallas Radio stations. So get over it.

I don't need to watch youth football to get excited. Maybe you do though , so you can remember what having heart is about. I really don't give a rats behind how much Jerry "paid" for this team. Money can't win a football game.
I can handle the heat just fine , sounds to me like you are the one having trouble with it. I don't care how high the expectations are for the Cowboys!
I'm sure plenty of fans will do their bashing. I'm not gonna bash a team or its players who I have loved for years.
I hope to see them mesh better as the season goes on and I will root for them 100 percent of the way. Maybe you and all the other angry fans need to be the ones to get over it!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DABOYZ;2331144 said:

Yes I watched it. The real question is did you watch the entire game or only the two drives in which you want to blame the defense?
Our D gave up two TD's. Thats it. Provide evidence before you start rambling about something you can't support.

Heck I don't own a Tivo. Tivo=Guys who can't catch things the first time around.

The defense disappeared in the 2nd half if you don't agree with that then IDK what yo say. They had 30 points in total. 6 came from the punt block 7 KR and the other 17 was the defense inability to stop them in the second half.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DABOYZ;2331144 said:

Can your stats show how Fitzgerald was able to catch anything at will?

Can your stats show how Kurt "I'm slower than Drew Bledsoe" Warner was able to sit back and read War and Peace in the pocket?

What changed during halftime DABOYZ? Yes, the defense only allowed 2 scores but they came at the very worst time, didn't they?

3rd and freakin 21? Are you kidding me?

A 10 yard cushion inside the red zone???? What defensive coach calls that?

Are you seriously saying that Tony Romo deserves all the blame for this loss?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2331195 said:
I don't need to watch youth football to get excited. Maybe you do though , so you can remember what having heart is about. I really don't give a rats behind how much Jerry "paid" for this team. Money can't win a football game.
I can handle the heat just fine , sounds to me like you are the one having trouble with it. I don't care how high the expectations are for the Cowboys!
I'm sure plenty of fans will do their bashing. I'm not gonna bash a team or its players who I have loved for year.
I hope to see them mesh better as the season goes on and I will root for them 100 percent of the way. Maybe you and all the other angry fans need to be the ones to get it!

:bow:

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I'm as big a Romo fan as anybody.........but he didn't look right today. It seemed like he had his head down all day, even after Crayton scored our first TD.

I hate to speculate, but I wonder what time he went to bed last night.:beer1:

sallimsayin

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i dont need Romo to man up and take responsibility for the loss because the loss wasnt on him! ive said that plenty of times. however i do have a problem with people who dont realize he does deserve a little blame and all they do is look at the stats and say of he did this and that. look again o-line was horrible theres nobody denying that but theres lots of times not just today but in the season when Romo committs turnovers where they are no ones fault but himself for either holding the ball too long or forcing bad throws. and he is near the top of the league at this. again love the man and i believe he is the a great QB for this team but he still has a way to improve thats all im saying!

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2331246 said:
I'm as big a Romo fan as anybody.........but he didn't look right today. It seemed like he had his head down all day, even after Crayton scored our first TD.

I hate to speculate, but I wonder what time he went to bed last night.:beer1:

sallimsayin

Like I said above, it's not all his fault, but he hasn't looked right more than just today. He's done his share with the rest of the team with 3 straight weeks of sub-par play.

This whole team has adjustments to make.