Romo needs competition next year...

zack

Reaction score
Competition next year, plus a good back up. Not sure where that would come from, but this year proves you need a quality back up.

deepBLUE

Reaction score
no question we need a backup (goodbye, bj)...

we also need an offensive coordinator.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
There's no doubt it would be nice to have someone competent enough to put in there (as an option) when Romo is having one of "those" games.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
l2obert;2513872 said:
There's no doubt it would be nice to have someone competent enough to put in there (as an option) when Romo is having one of "those" games.

Matt Cassel.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I agree 100% we need a QB that can take up to the Challenge.....
Romo will always be a "good backup" nothing more!

Cassel.. i doubt it will ever happen

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Yeah 100% agree I think he has gotten comfortable and well really isnt looking over his shoulder...While i love Romo and still support him 110% i think he is just too comfy.....

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2513922 said:
Yeah 100% agree I think he has gotten comfortable and well really isnt looking over his shoulder...While i love Romo and still support him 110% i think he is just too comfy.....
I agree with this.

Remember the comments he made about December, and to let him have like 8 Decembers before you say he can't win at the end of the season? That struck me as odd that he assumes he'll be the quarterback for years to come. As if he's already done all he needs to do to keep the position.

He will not be the QB of this team for the next 8 years if he keeps this up. He needs a reality check and some strong competition could be just what the doctor ordered.

if he wants to keep the QB position until the end of his career he needs to understand he has to win a Super Bowl to achieve that luxury.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky and draft a QB

We gave our 1st and 3rd away so probably 2010 draft with 2009 basically gone day 1

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Air Force One;2513943 said:
I agree with this.

Remember the comments he made about December, and to let him have like 8 Decembers before you say he can't win at the end of the season? That struck me as odd that he assumes he'll be the quarterback for years to come. As if he's already done all he needs to do to keep the position.

He will not be the QB of this team for the next 8 years if he keeps this up. He needs a reality check and some strong competition could be just what the doctor ordered.

if he wants to keep the QB position until the end of his career he needs to understand he has to win a Super Bowl to achieve that luxury.

Seems to motivate RBs pretty well lol. Of course they split carries so it's different but still.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Interesting response.

I fully expected a king-sized beatdown from the Romoites.

I agree, BTW.

Competition is never never bad.

Especially in a case like this where Romo feels he is the savior, and with people like Brad Johnson backing him up, he has no fear. I think he needs that to get his edge back. He is far too celebrity right now.

It worked for Favre. It would work for Romo.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Have to agree with the OP.

We need to get in a good young QB, and get him ready to be a starter.

Romo has performed well in the most part, but he needs to be the leader of this team, and if he can't do it (just not his style perhaps) then to get to and win the SB we may need an alternative.

It would be madness to drop Romo now, and I'm not sure that we could pick up anyone better, which is why we need to draft a young QB to be his successor, whether that's in 2 years, or 10.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hilarious-one minute, Zoners say it's b/c TO has gotten in his head, the next minute Zoners are saying he's gotten too comfortable and complacent.

I mean which is it? You can't have it both ways.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We can't really bring anyone in to seriously compete with him. Unless you're bringing in Brady or Manning or the like.

But yeah, we need a solid backup.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2514018 said:
We can't really bring anyone in to seriously compete with him. Unless you're bringing in Brady or Manning or the like.

But yeah, we need a solid backup.

Romo is definitely top QB in the NFL he doesn't need competition......

superonyx

Reaction score
What a stupid thread..... Get real.

Start naming the QB's out there that will challenge Romo for the starting job. Romo has a 96 career QB rating.

Its amazing how some of you people forget what it was like all those years after aikman left. Do you think top 5 QB's grow on trees?

I really hope this whole thread is sarcasm......:bang2:

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I would much rather have a QB who plays smart and shows up to every game. Not just every other one.

The "oh well" attitude and s***-eating grin after each boneheaded play or interception needs to go too.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Yeah i dont think we are gonna bring in another star qb to compete but some competition ya know...I mean i think even the matt moore kid would have pushed him....i mean who is gonna cry for Brad Johnson to come in ya know...like when Bledsoe was here...or even Testaverde...we were yelling for Henson...and Then for Romo...hell i remember people yelling for Pelluer...Hogeboom....:) Even Steve Walsh for Aikman......we just need a solid qb...either through draft or free agency...We probably should have snatched up Leftwich...at least he had that pedigree of being a high pick

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
zack;2513852 said:
Competition next year, plus a good back up. Not sure where that would come from, but this year proves you need a quality back up.

Jerry WILL NOT have a competition in his GRAND OPENING of NEW STADIUM.

Instead he will go the SALESMAN route and "annoint" Romo.... he will "crown" Romo in the offseason... maybe during Hard Knocks and in TC and in Preseason.

After all whats more important. Marketing the franchise that is ALREADY almost the biggest franchise in all of sports(2nd to Yankees)