Twitter: Romo nominated for an Emmy

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Well deserved.
Remember when some ppl were crapping in him? Saying it was t easy & that he’d struggle...

Proved them wrong even if he doesn’t win

He’s just fun to listen to bc he sounds like a football fan calling a game.

All the other big commentators sound so stiff & dull (especially Buck & Aikman)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
would like to hear him admitting he was hurting the team to pad his stats.
Where did I state he admitted he was hurting the team to pad his stats? You are blinded by Romo discussion. If it is not overly complimentary of him, you get too emotional. Try reading and comprehending.

cern

Reaction score
hope he gets it. it will make up for his first pga golf outing. last place. but, imo, he's head and shoulders above any other analyst calling the games.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Well none of the guys that have beaten him in an elimination game have been nominated so he should be a lock;)

Best of luck Tony...you get my vote:thumbup:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
and over trying to make the most basic play seem like a buzzer beater in basketball

LOL. He's pretty good for a broadcasting rookie though.

Where did I state he admitted he was hurting the team to pad his stats? You are blinded by Romo discussion. If it is not overly complimentary of him, you get too emotional. Try reading and comprehending.

Emotion doesn't happen on these here forums. Only logical discussions happen here.

aria

Reaction score
His announcing was very insightful into why we did some of the things we did on offense when he was here.

For example, he kept saying how Bortles was playing the game of his life against New England but when NE narrowed the gap in the 4th quarter, he kept saying Bortles was going to have to take chances and do "more". He also indicated they would have to run their best 3rd down plays on 1st and 2nd down. That helps explain why we were passing the football with the lead late in games when most people felt we should be running the ball with Murray.

He also mentioned how he would pass out of the running look near the goal line to pad his TD stats and play dumb when Murray questioned him.

Just made some things make sense to me, whether one agrees with him or not. We got to understand a little more of his thinking as a QB.
I agree. I don’t think he’s horrible, the annoyances I mentioned are just that, annoyances, but to me it makes listening to him almost unbearable even though his content is much better than most others.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Remember when some ppl were crapping in him? Saying it was t easy & that he’d struggle...

Proved them wrong even if he doesn’t win

He’s just fun to listen to bc he sounds like a football fan calling a game.

All the other big commentators sound so stiff & dull (especially Buck & Aikman)
You can tell he loves the game, no doubt

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I agree. I don’t think he’s horrible, the annoyances I mentioned are just that, annoyances, but to me it makes listening to him almost unbearable even though his content is much better than most others.

I will say one of the funniest things I have seen recently is the video of Romo commenting on his own mistakes. Whoever put that together was brilliant. Of course, it would upset some people because the video is of Romo's mistakes, but it is funny and well done. If you haven't seen it you should check it out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
hope he gets it. it will make up for his first pga golf outing. last place. but, imo, he's head and shoulders above any other analyst calling the games.

Well, I think that was his first golf outing in some time, so I'm sure he'll get better at that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nominated, but he'll choke.

I kid, I love Romo.

erod

Reaction score
Jerry will probably figure out a way to screw this up for Romo, too.

Somebody lock Jerry in a closet with a month's worth of Johnny Walker and hookers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo nominated for an Emmy?

Emmys equal excellence in television.

Congratulations Mr. Romo. :thumbup:

An Emmy has absolute nothing to do with Romo's football career.

So, is it completely outside the realm of possibility that Romo could receive 100% congratulations with zero snide remarks, innuendo or unnecessary inferences within a thread created solely about his Emmy nomination..?

Who am I kidding? It's Romo.

I can say it a thousand times and it will remain true every single time. That guy cannot CATCH a break from, of all people, some of his former team's fans.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Glad the most excited we can get over Romo is him winning an Emmy, not a Lombardi. Personally I can’t stand his commentating but obviously I’m in the minority, good for Tony. Kudos and wet willies.

Why would you be glad he didn't win a Lombardi?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Well if Tony’s broadcasting career goes like his football career. He will break Susan Lucci’s record for 19 Emmy nominations without a win... just kidding Romo lovers.