Twitter: Romo nominated for an Emmy

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Did anyone inform Bonnie Bernstein? She was an angery nasty woman when Romo got the CBS gig. Now, I can only imagine how pissed she is now that she has been proven to be so wrong. :)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Tony not only achieved but surpassed what I anticipated his broadcasting career might be. I think it's safe to say he surprised some of us by his level of excellence. I'll admit to wondering if he'd hesitate like he did in most of his interviews but that wasn't the case at all. I suppose when someone is being interviewed by the media, it's a different setting and atmosphere than what he gets with his new gig. Great job, Tony!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed, but guaranteed he gets his name in the ROH...not too shabby for a FA QB. He has done very well for himself, but u r correct that he should definitely have a ring or two...unfortunately surrounded by crap most of his career one way or the other.

A long career as a broadcaster could put him in the Hall of Fame someday. That's a long way off, but I believe he's one of those rare QBs who deserves it despite his team, so I'd love to see him get in anyway.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hey, if Kobe can win an Oscar...
Yep. Ole “rape charge” Kobe treated like a king with no backlash from anyone. Really weird that the #metoo movement wasn’t all up in arms.

Tony has been a godsend to the football booth. He can get a little quirky at times, but his first year was amazing. He’ll be even more comfortable this season.

aria

Reaction score
Glad the most excited we can get over Romo is him winning an Emmy, not a Lombardi. Personally I can’t stand his commentating but obviously I’m in the minority, good for Tony. Kudos and wet willies.

diefree666

Reaction score
Glad the most excited we can get over Romo is him winning an Emmy, not a Lombardi. Personally I can’t stand his commentating but obviously I’m in the minority, good for Tony. Kudos and wet willies.
so you would have been pissed if Tony had gotten a Lombardi?

aria

Reaction score
Really? Frankly from your previous posts that is very unlikely. Your disdain as regards Romo has shown up in many threads.
I’m sorry, did I not just say in my original post that I dislike Romo as an announcer? I thought that was being pretty transparent. Just as when I’ve said he was a very good qb but never got the job done, that didn’t mean I didn’t want to see him and the Cowboys win a SB.

Look, he was a very good QB and apparently he’s highly thought of as an announcer, that’s truly great. My opinion means nothing but this site is 90% opinions. Just because I don’t like his scratchy voice, constant little girl giggling, ooooo’ing/ahhhh’ing and over trying to make the most basic play seem like a buzzer beater in basketball doesn’t mean I think he’s a bad person or I wish him ill will. It’s just my opinion, no need to get your panties in a wad.

diefree666

Reaction score
I’m sorry, did I not just say in my original post that I dislike Romo as an announcer? I thought that was being pretty transparent. Just as when I’ve said he was a very good qb but never got the job done, that didn’t mean I didn’t want to see him and the Cowboys win a SB.

Look, he was a very good QB and apparently he’s highly thought of as an announcer, that’s truly great. My opinion means nothing but this site is 90% opinions. Just because I don’t like his scratchy voice, constant little girl giggling, ooooo’ing/ahhhh’ing and over trying to make the most basic play seem like a buzzer beater in basketball doesn’t mean I think he’s a bad person or I wish him ill will. It’s just my opinion, no need to get your panties in a wad.
Never got the job done says it all right there. Keep on trying; maybe your mother will believe you

aria

Reaction score
Never got the job done says it all right there. Keep on trying; maybe your mother will believe you
Lol, ok dude. If you want to rehash that go visit one of the other 30 Romo threads. Anyways, good luck to Tony.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
His announcing was very insightful into why we did some of the things we did on offense when he was here.

For example, he kept saying how Bortles was playing the game of his life against New England but when NE narrowed the gap in the 4th quarter, he kept saying Bortles was going to have to take chances and do "more". He also indicated they would have to run their best 3rd down plays on 1st and 2nd down. That helps explain why we were passing the football with the lead late in games when most people felt we should be running the ball with Murray.

He also mentioned how he would pass out of the running look near the goal line to pad his TD stats and play dumb when Murray questioned him.

Just made some things make sense to me, whether one agrees with him or not. We got to understand a little more of his thinking as a QB.

diefree666

Reaction score
His announcing was very insightful into why we did some of the things we did on offense when he was here.

For example, he kept saying how Bortles was playing the game of his life against New England but when NE narrowed the gap in the 4th quarter, he kept saying Bortles was going to have to take chances and do "more". He also indicated they would have to run their best 3rd down plays on 1st and 2nd down. That helps explain why we were passing the football with the lead late in games when most people felt we should be running the ball with Murray.

He also mentioned how he would pass out of the running look near the goal line to pad his TD stats and play dumb when Murray questioned him.

Just made some things make sense to me, whether one agrees with him or not. We got to understand a little more of his thinking as a QB.
would like to hear him admitting he was hurting the team to pad his stats.