Romo on coaching

Big_D

Reaction score
:lmao2:MEANWHILE IN KANSAS CITY....
HWUsWXv.jpg

I thought this last week with San Diego? Really getting tired of seeing this guy in the Super Bowl. Go Chiefs!!!

Redline360

Reaction score
All I got out of Romo's statement was....

My time to coach the Cowboys comes when Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett are no longer in the picture. I carried Garretts inept *** for (x) amount of years no thanks. Pass

Dude has it made right now. His time will come

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anyone who's been attentive to what Romo's situation is, knows that he's been wanting to play his role as a dad for some time now. Fortunately, he has found a career in TV broadcasting that allows him to be involved in pro football and be an attentive dad also. I'm happy to see a good man being able to deservedly make the most of his opportunities. If he eventually decides to pursue a career in pro coaching, I'm sure the Cowboys would be anxious to consider giving him serious consideration. For the time being, he's set. Without a doubt, that's the best thing for him and his family, at least for now.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo wants to be a head coach down the road he should start coaching now. He needs to build a resume. He can make more kids later. That's not important.

Pants

Reaction score
I love this. Makes me love Romo more. My youngest (of 4) is 8 now. I understood and appreciated how precious their young years were. Still didn’t get enough.

my only child is now 24 and my favorite sound in the history of mr Pants is the crinkle of her diaper when she was 1 running down the hall giggling with me chasing her....she doesn't find that game fun any more.... (Pants is sad now) - hang with the kids as long as you can Tony!

Teeroy

Reaction score
Romo joined the Ben and Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan and was asked what he’d do if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones asked him to return as a coach.

“Many years from now, I’m sure I’ll get back into the game a little bit from that perspective,” Romo told 105.3 The Fan.

“Coaching takes up so much time away from your kids,” Romo continued.

“I think that’s years down the road before I’d want to do that. I get one shot at raising these little guys and believe me, they enjoy when I come home and pretty much wear me out for the three, four hours every night before bed in a fun way.”

“They’re pretty enjoyable to be around right now. So I don’t want to miss that for anything right now.”
Thats right family first

Vanilla2

Reaction score
It’s funny how people actually thought this guy was gonna leave his cushy job (that he is great at) and be a coach for the likes of us

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Notice how many NFL coaches NEVER played in the NFL? NFL players see first-hand how much time their coaches put in - and literally PRAY for a broadcast booth job.

NFL coach is one of the most gruelling jobs on planet Earth - and players know this.

plymkr

Reaction score
Romo joined the Ben and Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan and was asked what he’d do if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones asked him to return as a coach.

“Many years from now, I’m sure I’ll get back into the game a little bit from that perspective,” Romo told 105.3 The Fan.

“Coaching takes up so much time away from your kids,” Romo continued.

“I think that’s years down the road before I’d want to do that. I get one shot at raising these little guys and believe me, they enjoy when I come home and pretty much wear me out for the three, four hours every night before bed in a fun way.”

“They’re pretty enjoyable to be around right now. So I don’t want to miss that for anything right now.”
Enjoy your family Romo. You deserve it.

SSoup

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe 15-20 years down the road, when the kids are in college. But by that point, he's in his mode to late 50's with a mountain of cash in the bank. Why would you want to go into a bunker for 12 hour workdays for 10 months out of the year anyway?

He's won. Maybe not a Super Bowl, but Tony Romo has won at LIFE.
I could see him getting antsy and wanting the juice of competition. Obviously he has that ego and vanity and drive to compete and win, which is why he hung on to that pipe dream about golfing.

Not sure the announcing will feed his competitive drive enough. He started out on CBS's #1 announcing team making pretty great money from Day 1, so there's not gonna be much left to conquer in the announcing world. He'll have called multiple Super Bowls, gotten multiple big pay bumps. Unless his goal is to slide into the prestigious primetime slot (assuming Sunday Night Football remains the crown jewel of the NFL schedule, maybe he kinda wants to slide into that booth and do that for a few years just to say he made it to the top of the mountain).

But after 10-15 years of announcing, what'll be left for him to accomplish that he hasn't done? I could see him getting bored with announcing and wanting to go work for a team and get those competitive juices flowing again.

That said, I don't see him as a coach. I don't think he wants to put in those kind of hours. I bet he'd rather go the John Elway route, and take a more leisurely front office job. So he can still enjoy a personal life while also taking another run at a Super Bowl.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
lol. I can easily be called a Romo lover but I have constantly said since November 2016 Romo would never desire working for Dallas again. Guess all Romo lovers do not think the same. :)
I like Romo too. Not the Romo lovers I was talking about/ lol